England - A semi-finalist in 07

gator

Here is what I had predicted earlier.....

my view is similar to Gangs wrt England's chances.... they look so much like the sleeping devil, as india was in 83.... Jimmy, Freddie, Harmie, Sajid(if he maintains control) are one of the top 3 pace bowling attacks.... and Freddie/KP/Collingwood combo make them one of the top 3 finishers in the ODI format..... it is jus a question of everything falling together.... they can be very dangerous, if it does...
and they are gonna prove me right soon, after defeat aussies twice already...

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 Just a couple of ODI wins won't change their fortunes for ever. At best they are underdogs for the world cup. They have struggled through this triseries as well but for the last few games. I give them not more than 20% chance to get to semis.

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 things have to come together yet for england..... but they are almost there.... Fllint is back to his almost best in bowling.... Monty is attacking in the middle overs.... and then ofcourse, the KP/flint/collingwood combo.... Bell is a good number 3... he will be useful on windies pitches... they need to bring back Cook.... he is the key.... he plays correct and can score at 80+ SR...

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 last week, everyone was saying england are the least favortie of top 8.. and now this sudden change.. yup thats ODIs for you.. bottom line is.. super 8 will be damn exciting.. dekhte hai kis mai kitna dam he..

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07

last week, everyone was saying england are the least favortie of top 8.. and now this sudden change.. yup thats ODIs for you.. bottom line is.. super 8 will be damn exciting.. dekhte hai kis mai kitna dam he..
not me.... thts y, i posted my earlier quote....

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07

things have to come together yet for england..... but they are almost there.... Fllint is back to his almost best in bowling.... Monty is attacking in the middle overs.... and then ofcourse, the KP/flint/collingwood combo.... Bell is a good number 3... he will be useful on windies pitches... they need to bring back Cook.... he is the key.... he plays correct and can score at 80+ SR...
On paper they look good but the problem is they don't deliver as much as they are required to. Similarly with India, probably one of the best on paper but we all know how they fall apart.

Re: England - A semi-finalist in 07 With Vaughan at the helm - yes; it was possible. Without him, they haven't got a chance. Flintoff plays much better as a player and his captaincy leaves a lot to be desired. They need Trescothick back soon as well; he is one of the best ODI openers around - that currently looks unlikely. If the situation doesn't improve, England won't get further than the Super 8's, IMO.