Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ankit_sharma03

Board Presidents XI vs Australians | Chennai 12th Sept

Recommended Posts

 

 

Squad: Rahul Tripathi, Mayank Agarwal, Shivam Chaudhary, Nitish Rana, Govinda Poddar, Gurkeerat Mann, Shreevats Goswami, Akshay Karnewar, Kulwant Khejroliya, Kushang Patel, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Washington Sundar, Rahil Shah. Coach: Hemang Badani

Edited by sourab10forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saurashtra's Kushang Patel's (4 for 83) and Shaurya Sanandia's (5 for 93) pushed Delhi over the edge in the Ranji Trophy Group B eighth round tie. The young fast bowlers played a huge part in a come-from-behind four runs victory at the Reliance stadium.

 

 two young team-mates Patel and Sanandia in going all-out on the crucial day. Both worked up pace and troubled the batsmen with swing.

 

http://www.sportstarlive.com/cricket/domestic/ranji-trophy-kushang-shaurya-win-it-for-saurashtra/article9421679.ece

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
 

 

Squad: Rahul Tripathi, Mayank Agarwal, Shivam Chaudhary, Nitish Rana, Govinda Poddar, Gurkeerat Mann, Shreevats Goswami, Akshay Karnewar, Kulwant Khejroliya, Kushang Patel, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Washington Sundar, Rahil Shah. Coach: Hemang Badani

Govinda Poddar and Rahul Tripathi should supported by their Coach to do better but I wonder where about Avesh khan hidden ?

 

sandeep Sharma too good  bowler, I am surprised Of Mann,Agarwal still hang around at this level.Good luck to Nitish Rana and Washington Sunder to makes their mark vs Mark Nichollas team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saurashtra's Kushang Patel's (4 for 83) and Shaurya Sanandia's (5 for 93) pushed Delhi over the edge in the Ranji Trophy Group B eighth round tie. The young fast bowlers played a huge part in a come-from-behind four runs victory at the Reliance stadium.

 

 two young team-mates Patel and Sanandia in going all-out on the crucial day. Both worked up pace and troubled the batsmen with swing.

 

http://www.sportstarlive.com/cricket/domestic/ranji-trophy-kushang-shaurya-win-it-for-saurashtra/article9421679.ece

 

 

Thanks for K Patel's performances details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
 

 

Squad: Rahul Tripathi, Mayank Agarwal, Shivam Chaudhary, Nitish Rana, Govinda Poddar, Gurkeerat Mann, Shreevats Goswami, Akshay Karnewar, Kulwant Khejroliya, Kushang Patel, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Washington Sundar, Rahil Shah. Coach: Hemang Badani

Kulwant Khejtoliya is Left Arm Fast Bowler who from Delhi,In A grade Cricket, took 17 wickets in 7 Games,BCCI wants to test him as India  looking for Fit bowler for coming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So H Badani selected as Coach vs Australian? Great Choice by BCCI,I still remember twice vs Australia Badani played lovely innings : 100  vs McGrath's bowling,his sterling 60 not out off Bret Lee was his best Efforts by Indian lower order at Melbourne,when India were 6 down for 70 odd runs.

 

He also played test cricket for India but known more for ODI Specialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
 

 

Squad: Rahul Tripathi, Mayank Agarwal, Shivam Chaudhary, Nitish Rana, Govinda Poddar, Gurkeerat Mann, Shreevats Goswami, Akshay Karnewar, Kulwant Khejroliya, Kushang Patel, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Washington Sundar, Rahil Shah. Coach: Hemang Badani

After the fiasco of the selection for the Duleep trophy matches, selectors should have insured that the selected players are all available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to Avesh Khan and Kulwant Khejroliya bowling and doing well.

 

Both are quick, bouncy  and tall.

 

If they are able to graduate to the next level, we will get 2 tall quick bowlers to complement our shorter quick  bowlers.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Among those included is Kulwant Khejroliya, a left-arm pacer, who was part of the Delhi team in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and also made it to the India B squad for Deodhar Trophy.

 

The 25-year-old, thanks to his ability to bowl 140kmph, is one the selectors might try out in the home season which features series against Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. India’s bowling coach Bharathi Arun had spoken about having a left-armer in the side to bring variety.

“Kulwant might not have played much cricket, but there is a lot of potential in him. He has added more pace during the offseason and the selectors want to provide as many options as possible for the team management. There is a need to have a large pool and even Avesh Khan is one such selection, along with Sandeep,” the official added. Karnataka’s Mayank Agarwal, who despite having a good run with the A side was ignored for Duleep, finds a place alongside Shreevats Goswami.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/cricket/2017/sep/08/men-from-down-under-to-warm-up-against-the-unknown-1654020.html

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Really looking forward to Avesh Khan and Kulwant Khejroliya bowling and doing well.

 

Both are quick, bouncy  and tall.

 

If they are able to graduate to the next level, we will get 2 tall quick bowlers to complement our shorter quick  bowlers.

Can all players in squad play the game???? I dnt wanna see avesh, kulwant , nitish sitting on bench incase 11 plays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Really looking forward to Avesh Khan and Kulwant Khejroliya bowling and doing well.

 

Both are quick, bouncy  and tall.

 

If they are able to graduate to the next level, we will get 2 tall quick bowlers to complement our shorter quick  bowlers.

   Till  WI tour post CT , i was tearing my hair in frustration and gave too many gaalis to RAT too for shoddy selection ! .

    But since in almost all selections , selectors have done quite a good job and i am quite OK the way RAT also gave chances in SL       to new guys.

   I think we are not not giving enough credit to Selectors  for their  excellent selection post WI Tour.

  Just compare the selections  done by Srikknath's  and Sandeep patil's  selection committee and this Selection committee post WI .

  Not just Test & One day team , but all other lower level and A teams  selected.

   Express ji, what your Honest opinion ?   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Can all players in squad play the game????

We will find out later, but it is unlikely.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt wanna see avesh, kulwant , nitish sitting on bench incase 11 plays 

Kulwant will play for sure, if fit, as our team is looking for a left-armer who is quick too.

 

Avesh will play if there are 3 pacers.  Seamers like Sandeep Sharma always seem to get precedence in the playing 11 if in the squad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

 

    But since in almost all selections , selectors have done quite a good job and i am quite OK the way RAT also gave chances in SL       to new guys.

   I think we are not not giving enough credit to Selectors  for their  excellent selection post WI Tour.

  Just compare the selections  done by Srikknath's  and Sandeep patil's  selection committee and this Selection committee post WI .

  Not just Test & One day team , but all other lower level and A teams  selected.

   Express ji, what your Honest opinion ?   

 

 

This selection committee, led by MSK Prasad, is the best I have seen in a long long time.   :nice:

 

They have a very good understanding of which bowlers can do well in international cricket and are not selecting new bowlers based on seniority or cumulative domestic records.

 

They have a deep understanding of the need for both pace and bounce in international cricket and are trying to create a pool of pacers with pace, bounce, skills and wicket-taking ability.   ( Basically, short-listing seamers with pace and bounce and selecting those who are actually doing well or look skilled among the lot )

 

They are bringing wrist-spinners to the fore.

 

They have shown the courage to drop the big domestic names and trundlers in A-teams who are not international material.  It needs guts and foresight.

 

They have included all-rounders like Krunal in the A-team despite him not having sufficient domestic experience.  Excellent step. Vijay Shankar has got a look-in too.

 

I really like the idea of trying lots of new players in bilateral ODI series.

 

They are trying to create back-ups for each position.

 

p.s - I had said after the A-teams selection that it was the best A-team I have seen, perhaps ever.

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, Mosher said:

Great opportunity for Kulwant and Avesh. :cheer: 

both these bowlers can bowl 141K+ on a consistent basis.

 

Avesh gets Serious bounce, i think he is the right replacement of ISHANT..just more wicket taking. i think he will impress for sure and lets see what kulwant does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

This selection committee, led by MSK Prasad, is the best I have seen in a long long time.   :nice:

 

They have a very good understanding of which bowlers can do well in international cricket and are not selecting new bowlers based on seniority or cumulative domestic records.

 

They have a deep understanding of the need for both pace and bounce in international cricket and are trying to create a pool of pacers with pace, bounce, skills and wicket-taking ability.   ( Basically, short-listing seamers with pace and bounce and selecting those who are actually doing well or look skilled among the lot )

 

They are bringing wrist-spinners to the fore.

 

They have shown the courage to drop the big domestic names and trundlers in A-teams who are not international material.  It needs guts and foresight.

 

They have included all-rounders like Krunal in the A-team despite him not having sufficient domestic experience.  Excellent step. Vijay Shankar has got a look-in too.

 

I really like the idea of trying lots of new players in bilateral ODI series.

 

They are trying to create back-ups for each position.

 

p.s - I had said after the A-teams selection that it was the best A-team I have seen, perhaps ever.

 

i agree.

Only mistake was picking yuvraj in champions trophy fast pitches.

his fitness was average to low and even in his best days he was always expected to fire on pitches that were batting friendly and he never suceeded on fastish, green tracks.

against PAK when he and dhoni got out we lost the match, had there been manish pandey , we could have fought against PAK.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i agree.

Only mistake was picking yuvraj in champions trophy fast pitches.

his fitness was average to low and even in his best days he was always expected to fire on pitches that were batting friendly and he never suceeded on fastish, green tracks.

against PAK when he and dhoni got out we lost the match, had there been manish pandey , we could have fought against PAK.

 

 

 

Both Manish Pandey and Lokesh Rahul were injured during Champions trophy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

This selection committee, led by MSK Prasad, is the best I have seen in a long long time.   :nice:

 

They have a very good understanding of which bowlers can do well in international cricket and are not selecting new bowlers based on seniority or cumulative domestic records.

 

They have a deep understanding of the need for both pace and bounce in international cricket and are trying to create a pool of pacers with pace, bounce, skills and wicket-taking ability.   ( Basically, short-listing seamers with pace and bounce and selecting those who are actually doing well or look skilled among the lot )

 

They are bringing wrist-spinners to the fore.

 

They have shown the courage to drop the big domestic names and trundlers in A-teams who are not international material.  It needs guts and foresight.

 

They have included all-rounders like Krunal in the A-team despite him not having sufficient domestic experience.  Excellent step. Vijay Shankar has got a look-in too.

 

I really like the idea of trying lots of new players in bilateral ODI series.

 

They are trying to create back-ups for each position.

 

p.s - I had said after the A-teams selection that it was the best A-team I have seen, perhaps ever.

 

:two_thumbs_up:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

Both Manish Pandey and Lokesh Rahul were injured during Champions trophy 

You are right brother..but India have loads of batsman who play fast bowlers better than uvraj...on fast tracks where our bumrah touched 147k and bowled regularly 142+..even few pak bowlers like aamir was fast. V were lucky that Australia got knocked out otherwise they wud have won the tournament.

UV was always good on flat tracks but on fast tracks..I will pick at least 15 batsman ahead of him.

Even Indian medium pacers have troubled UV on even Indian green tracks. Though I appreciate he batted well in one match ...I expected him to fail miserably.

His fielding was very poor as his fitness was no where close to even Ashwin who is the poorest in fielding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In IPL I saw a match in which UV played..

He used to dive and try to stop the ball and if he missed it...he never bothered to chase the ball..he even fielded for 12 over's in one match.

He was picked Because kohli wanted him and expected him to do miracle as a batsman which he is capable to do on flat tracks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more insight from me lokesh Rahul has Serious fitness issues and is not going to make it big in the long term.

 

Lokesh rahul is as good as dhawan and rohit against fast bowlers and some experts say he can't read some Spinners well..I agree but I m sure Rahul will sort that problem against quality spinners in some time.

 

I m worried about his physical fitness he is fragile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Vishal insights...

Kedar is an average fielder and if he doesn't improve his fielding and doesn't improve his batting consistency..he will be thrown out.

 

This kohli team has raised its bar and inconsistency may not be tolerated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

Khulwant seems like 3 or 4 good performances away from displacing Thampi in the pecking order.

Thampi needs to add more skill to his bowling and a little more learn to have lid on runs . As of now his yorker is one of his biggest weapon and if he is going to depend on that then team mngmt will only think about him incase bumrah is injured. Or else he aint getting into main team that easy. They ll rather go for some one like umesh 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maniac said:

Considering this is LOI cricket...where is Krunal Pandya and Sanju Samson? 2 guys who are popular names in limited overs cricket and also given that WK-bat and Allrounder are 2 slots that we need too.

Krunal got injured in SA-A tour, i think his injury has healed or else i dnt see why he wudnt be picked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Considering this is LOI cricket...where is Krunal Pandya and Sanju Samson? 2 guys who are popular names in limited overs cricket and also given that WK-bat and Allrounder are 2 slots that we need too.

What happened to Samson? The guy looks like a million bucks when I see him in IPL and doesn't create too much buzz post IPL...seems like he will go the Irfan Pathan way of only being a IPL name...atleast Irfan had some years of service to the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×