Who has the better pace attack in tests - India or Windies??

goose

1 hour ago, goose said:

Well we certainly have the better batsman

Agreed, but both sets of bowlers plying their trade in the exact same conditions gives you plenty of opportunity to compare them.   From what I watched of that tour, the windies bowlers looked promising, but less incisive, and way more inconsistent than the likes of Shami & Bhuvi.  Windies bowling plans for that series were to bowl 'dry' as much as possible, with defensive fields.  Try and bore the Indian batsmen into making mistakes.  Coupled with the slow AF outfields, the run-rates were certainly lower, but they weren't accurate enough to make the plan work.  

TLDR, I think a fully fit Indian attack of Shami, Bhuvi, Yadav would out-bowl the Windies attack, in any conditions.   In terms of England, I think Shami and Bhuvi can wreak far more havoc than Roach, Holder and co. have done.  Especially if they get bowling conditions like this current test.   

Edit:  Forgot to add, man for man, I think the Indian pace trio is quicker than the Windies.  Bhuvi is quicker than Holder, and Shami, Yadav and Ishant are as quick or quicker than the fastest of the Windian lot.

Edited by sandeep