'Sir Sachin' if Brown has his way

Guest Hiten.

NEW DELHI: Can Sachin Tendulkar join the honoured ranks of Sir Don Bradman or Sir Gary Sobers? Well, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown certainly seems to think so. If he had his way, he would recommend the little master for a knighthood. "I would like to see some of the great players of the modern era — like Sachin Tendulkar — proposed for honorary awards so the British nation can salute their achievements in these sports." If Brown's remarks come true, we could be looking at the first Indian sports knight. In between courting trade and investment from India and China visiting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown showed where his heart really lay — at the WACA stadium in Perth. Complimenting India on its test victory over Australia, Brown shed his normally grave countenance. "I congratulate India on a famous victory - beating an Australian side who have won their last 16 games and doing so away from home." England's long cricketing feud with Australia clearly fuelled Brown's enthusiasm for India's historic win. Cricket has long been one of the great binders of Indo-British ties. And until some time ago Commonwealth cricketers were honoured by the UK. As Brown said, "I believe it was a good tradition to celebrate the achievements of the great Commonwealth cricketers. Obviously these are issues for the independent honours committee, but - hope they will consider it." So we can hope to see a 'Sir Sachin'. TOI :yay::yay::yay::yay:

sir is a term used by english folkz and folkz from other country.. in India we definately have something in Hindi.. our own knighthood term.. if english folkz what to knight tendulkar, well then the can surely.. no harm in that.. and tendulkar won't find wrong in it either..
Actually, the Indian constitution prohibits titles from foreign countries, awards yes, but titles are disallowed.
Guest dada_rocks
Actually' date=' the Indian constitution prohibits titles from foreign countries, awards yes, but titles are disallowed.[/quote'] I am not sure about that after all we have couple of Nishan-e-Pakistan in India
Guest dada_rocks
I like this idea of prohibiting these titles else it would have been "Lord Lallu prasad" and "Sir Bal thackery" :finger:
What difference does it make after all we do have Bharat ratna Rajeev Gandhi
:hysterical: I know ... only Congress knows why did he get it .. maybe because of the Family name I wont be surprised if they award Bharat Ratna to Mrs Sonia Gandhi too :omg:
which means Manmohan Singh is not too far back in the line:D