Ravi Ashwin won't be available for the ODI games against Australia

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think his ODI career is over....I still think he should be in the scheme of things for the World Cups given his record in world cups ....only way he can be completely phased out is if Chahal and Kuldeep have continued success against big teams too.

Its think far from over

Kuldeep n chahal are yet to establish themselves and once they do that the next challenge will come when teams sought them out. 

Chahal has been good in t20 but not in odi's till now atleast 

For left arm spinner jadeja has competition from axar or krunal all round skill

Now ashwin is the only good offie as of now, jayant doesnt look as a good prospect for LOI. So whenever that right arm offie wud be needed as a variety ashwin will make his way. He is an intelligent bowler so i also expect him to work his game out for LOI. As of now he can concentrate on his overseas test challenge and team shud look for other option.

Our cupboard of spin bowling is quite empty. 

The next 2 hopefuls Rahul Chahar n washington sundar looks a few season away from national cap as of now. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its think far from over

Kuldeep n chahal are yet to establish themselves and once they do that the next challenge will come when teams sought them out. 

Chahal has been good in t20 but not in odi's till now atleast 

For left arm spinner jadeja has competition from axar or krunal all round skill

Now ashwin is the only good offie as of now, jayant doesnt look as a good prospect for LOI. So whenever that right arm offie wud be needed as a variety ashwin will make his way. He is an intelligent bowler so i also expect him to work his game out for LOI. As of now he can concentrate on his overseas test challenge and team shud look for other option.

Our cupboard of spin bowling is quite empty. 

The next 2 hopefuls Rahul Chahar n washington sundar looks a few season away from national cap as of now. 

Cupboard for spinners in LOI format is not...in test format it is empty ...agree on that.

Thank God Jadeja surprised everyone but apart from Kuldeep none of the other spinners look good enough for tests..Chahal and Sundar included. But then again given how Jadeja shocked us..who knows Axar might over take Murali

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Thank god. Dont want to see that unfit specimen in the ODI or T20 team. He was the major reason India lost CT.

That was all kohli , he was stupid to play 2 spinners on a belter against pakistan,umesh/shami would have gotten the hack first over.Not to be.

34 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

That was all kohli , he was stupid to play 2 spinners on a belter against pakistan,umesh/shami would have gotten the hack first over.Not to be.

Lot of people on this site give Kohli a free ride. He in the end is responsible so I agree with you, it was indeed Kohli's fault. Umesh specially  did quiet a bit of damage the first time around.

13 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Zor ka jhatka dheere se lage. I think selectors should be forthright. I am not convinced by this "rested" explaination for Ashwin,Jadeja & Yuvraj . Clearly , they appear to figure only in plan B if the likes of Pandey , Axar & Kuldeep do not succeed.

Jadeja yes, Ashwin and Yuvraj have to make significant improvement to get in the team.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:54 AM, sensible-indian said:

His LOI career is hardly over.

But he deserves some time out for his cowardly bowling in CT.

Anyways, the selectors have made the right choice and even Ashwin himself would be happy with their decision.

Long time no see bro.