Canadian Sikh Politician handles the racist heckler

ravishingravi

6 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Our armed forces? Are you living permanently in Vancouver or do you plan on going back to India? Which one are you? Indian or Canadian?

I never mentioned a single thing about Khalistan so don't get all hot and bothered.

Sikhs growing up in a Hindu majority country with a Hindu controlled media will obviously have a different viewpoint than people who do not grow up with these things. The media controls the way people think in every country in the world.

Have you ever heard of HS Phoolka he is trying all legal means to get justice for the riot victims but the justice system in India is a joke. My own family have a court case in India regarding disputed property going on since 2010, India is a joke in these regards.

As for Londonistan have you ever looked at the demographics of Hyderabad, Meerut, Kerala? And that is all your own fault.

if the bolded part was true, i'd not be hearing about Khalistan and the joke on how Sikhs are oppressed in India from terrorist supporting Gurdwaras here. 

As for Phoolka- well, Phoolka should try in Hague. Genocide charges are usually dealt with at the Hague.

And what exactly is my fault ?!

45 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Some very disgusting anti-Sikh posts in this thread. 

I agree that no Sikh can ever feel 100% Indian if he/she reads an account of what the Sikhs went through during the 80s. First,  it was an attack on the Golden Temple followed by the Brutal killings of innocent and helpless people in National Capital of the country and then a decade long series of Mass Killings by the Armed Forces in Punjab with zero accountability.  Moreover,  the party responsible for the Sikh massacre was unanimously voted to Power in the elections that followed.

Youngsters would be taken into custody and whole families punished on mere suspicions , many mass graves of Sikhs killed in fake encounters were recovered 

Personally,  I go out of my way to avoid reading anything about the events of 1984 or watching any documentaries related to it because it saddens me to imagine how much ordinary Sikhs suffered at the hands of the ruling government and the Army. I'm glad that the Anti Sikh riots and Mass killings by Security Agencies never became a hot topic for the media unlike the Godhra Riots as constantly recalling those events without a hope for justice only keeps the fire of hatred burning. I hope the coming generations of Sikhs continue to learn as less as possible about the dark period of the 80s, unfortunately though the storming of the Golden Temple by the Indian Army is something which will continue to be passed over to  future generations.

If terrorists are hiding in Kashi Vishwanath or tirumala or such, i have no problems opening up with artillery and reducing it to a rubble. As India showed, a broken golden temple can be rebuilt. But terrorists should not be allowed free reign just because they occupied a temple or a gurdwara.

2 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Some very disgusting anti-Sikh posts in this thread. 

I agree that no Sikh can ever feel 100% Indian if he/she reads an account of what the Sikhs went through during the 80s. First,  it was an attack on the Golden Temple followed by the Brutal killings of innocent and helpless people in National Capital of the country and then a decade long series of Mass Killings by the Armed Forces in Punjab with zero accountability.  Moreover,  the party responsible for the Sikh massacre was unanimously voted to Power in the elections that followed.

Youngsters would be taken into custody and whole families punished on mere suspicions , many mass graves of Sikhs killed in fake encounters were recovered 

Personally,  I go out of my way to avoid reading anything about the events of 1984 or watching any documentaries related to it because it saddens me to imagine how much ordinary Sikhs suffered at the hands of the ruling government and the Army. I'm glad that the Anti Sikh riots and Mass killings by Security Agencies never became a hot topic for the media unlike the Godhra Riots as constantly recalling those events without a hope for justice only keeps the fire of hatred burning. I hope the coming generations of Sikhs continue to learn as less as possible about the dark period of the 80s, unfortunately though the storming of the Golden Temple by the Indian Army is something which will continue to be passed over to  future generations.

More BS

Sikhs should thank for the existence of the Republic of India to whatever made up gods they pray to

If it werent for RoI, the Sikh community would have been obiliterated by now by the religion of peace followers

So have some goddamn respect than terming killing of terrorists as genocide

9 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

More BS

Sikhs should thank for the existence of the Republic of India to whatever made up gods they pray to

If it werent for RoI, the Sikh community would have been obiliterated by now by the religion of peace followers

Civillians killed in Delhi were not terrorists. stop trying to paint innocent victims of murder as terrorists. this is not about Operation searchlight, its about the hundreds/thousands murdered by congress goons when Indira was murdered.

14 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Look, corruption is so rampant in India...minorities have no chance of a fair treatment......that's why I'm happy to have left India a while ago and have a much better life in a REAL Democracy, you can keep supporting & backing Goon netas in India...that's your choice. 

you know WHY corruption is rife in India and justice system is so crap ? because people don't care about it.

At the end of the day, politicians win by running with popular/nitche-popular ideas in a democracy. You will find, i am one of the very, few Indian/Indian origin person here, who advocates more $$ spent on judiciary & law enforcement and less $$ spent on military.

But no, that idea is unpopular with 99.9999% Indians- they'd rather have a tax cut, if military spending is curtailed, than spend $$ on more, better police, judges, courts, etc. 

Make judiciary & police enforcement a priority and only then, will general safety, security and rights of the people will improve. 

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

If terrorists are hiding in Kashi Vishwanath or tirumala or such, i have no problems opening up with artillery and reducing it to a rubble. As India showed, a broken golden temple can be rebuilt. But terrorists should not be allowed free reign just because they occupied a temple or a gurdwara.

You really are a simpleton.

There were thousands of worshippers inside the temple and they were not being held as hostages by the militants. Their lives were not at stake. So why send in the army with all guns blazing?

I guess life is cheap in India.

Anyone with half a brain would've used more patient tactics such as surrounding the temple for a few days and waited to see what unfolded. The militants were not going anywhere once they were surrounded.

It was a massive brain dead move by Indira Gandhi who also broke the law by not getting the president's approval for the attack.

In fact the whole trouble in the 80s was all Indira Gandhi's fault, she couldn't stand the Akali Dal dominance in Punjab so she used Bhindranwale to break their strength but that plan backfired when he turned against her. She was a fool just like Nehru and her son.

13 hours ago, AmreekanDesi said:

More BS

You must be living in some sort of fantasy land. Before the British arrived the Sikhs completely destroyed and controlled the Muslims of Punjab, Kashmir and a large part of Afghanistan and this was despite Sikhs being a tiny minority in this region. The Sikh Empire was also the last Indian territory to fall into British hands. 

This was an impressive feat by the Sikhs.

How did a small number of muslims rule an overwhelmingly Hindu nation for such a long time? First the Arabs, then the Lodhis and finally the Mughals all somehow ruled over Hindu majority India. That's a pretty bad record there.

In 1947 Indian Punjab was completely cleansed of muslims due to Sikhs fighting back whereas Hindus showed weakness in places like UP, Bengal, Bihar, Kerela where Muslims are still there in significant numbers and are still causing Hindus problems despite being a minority (but nothing new there). And because of this weakness there are some Muslims from UP and Bihar coming to Punjab but they know never to mess with Sikhs. To this day Indian Punjab has the smallest percentage of Muslims in the whole country.

Sikhs overall have a great track record against muslims especially when you consider the small size of the Sikh population.

Edited by Ranvir

15 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

if the bolded part was true, i'd not be hearing about Khalistan and the joke on how Sikhs are oppressed in India from terrorist supporting Gurdwaras here. 

As for Phoolka- well, Phoolka should try in Hague. Genocide charges are usually dealt with at the Hague.

And what exactly is my fault ?!

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I said that Indian Sikhs will be influenced by the Indian media and system. They will be made to sing the national anthem and learn about Gandhi etc because the government mandates this.

Whereas the Sikhs abroad are not influenced by this and have a more independent way of thinking.

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

You really are a simpleton.

There were thousands of worshippers inside the temple and they were not being held as hostages by the militants. Their lives were not at stake. So why send in the army with all guns blazing?

I guess life is cheap in India.

Anyone with half a brain would've used more patient tactics such as surrounding the temple for a few days and waited to see what unfolded. The militants were not going anywhere once they were surrounded.

It was a massive brain dead move by Indira Gandhi who also broke the law by not getting the president's approval for the attack.

In fact the whole trouble in the 80s was all Indira Gandhi's fault, she couldn't stand the Akali Dal dominance in Punjab so she used Bhindranwale to break their strength but that plan backfired when he turned against her. She was a fool just like Nehru and her son.

they were most definitely hostages. When Bhindranwala refused to let the pilgrims go, he made them into hostages.

the PM of India, is required to get the President's ceremonial approval, when declaring war. We were not declaring war, its police action inside our own territory. 

Whether the whole trouble was Indira's fault or not, is irrelevant to the issue, that blowing up the Golden temple was a good thing, because it was being occupied by a terrorist group armed to the teeth.

You must be living in some sort of fantasy land. Before the British arrived the Sikhs completely destroyed and controlled the Muslims of Punjab, Kashmir and a large part of Afghanistan and this was despite Sikhs being a tiny minority in this region. The Sikh Empire was also the last Indian territory to fall into British hands. 

This was an impressive feat by the Sikhs.

How did a small number of muslims rule an overwhelmingly Hindu nation for such a long time? First the Arabs, then the Lodhis and finally the Mughals all somehow ruled over Hindu majority India. That's a pretty bad record there.

In 1947 Indian Punjab was completely cleansed of muslims due to Sikhs fighting back whereas Hindus showed weakness in places like UP, Bengal, Bihar, Kerela where Muslims are still there in significant numbers and are still causing Hindus problems despite being a minority (but nothing new there). And because of this weakness there are some Muslims from UP and Bihar coming to Punjab but they know never to mess with Sikhs. To this day Indian Punjab has the smallest percentage of Muslims in the whole country.

Sikhs overall have a great track record against muslims especially when you consider the small size of the Sikh population.

1. the Arabs never ruled any significant portion of India. they (briefly) ruled Sindh and even then the Sindhi dynasty (Sumroo) ultimately were vassals to the Pratiharas, till the rise of Ghaznavids. 

2. Sikhs are not the only one to resist(unsuccessfully, i might add) Muslim dominance in India. Had the marathas not risen up, your Misls would've been hunted down and crushed permanently. Don't forget that.

Edited by Muloghonto

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I said that Indian Sikhs will be influenced by the Indian media and system. They will be made to sing the national anthem and learn about Gandhi etc because the government mandates this.

Whereas the Sikhs abroad are not influenced by this and have a more independent way of thinking.

the sikhs abroad are not 'independent thinkers', they are influenced by Khalistanis. When you have Gurdwaras in Vancouver (surrey actually) that put up 'martyr' photos of Bhindranwala, they become a khalistani, terrorist supporting organization.

And if Sikhs overseas were so enlightened, they wouldn't come up with such laughable nonsense as 'Sikhs/Punjabis are oppressed in India' that makes even white people LOL. 

I can make a better case for Sikhs being oppressors in India, than being oppressed. 

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

1. the Arabs never ruled any significant portion of India. they (briefly) ruled Sindh and even then the Sindhi dynasty (Sumroo) ultimately were vassals to the Pratiharas, till the rise of Ghaznavids. 

2. Sikhs are not the only one to resist(unsuccessfully, i might add) Muslim dominance in India. Had the marathas not risen up, your Misls would've been hunted down and crushed permanently. Don't forget that.

Unsuccessfully? Have you looked at the map of the Sikh empire? Sikhs were probably no more than 5% of that entire area. 

That was a brilliant achievement. Hari Singh Nalwa finally stopped the Afghans invading India and took over what is now the Khyber area.

The Marathas caved in to the British a lot before than the Sikhs.

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

the sikhs abroad are not 'independent thinkers', they are influenced by Khalistanis. When you have Gurdwaras in Vancouver (surrey actually) that put up 'martyr' photos of Bhindranwala, they become a khalistani, terrorist supporting organization.

And if Sikhs overseas were so enlightened, they wouldn't come up with such laughable nonsense as 'Sikhs/Punjabis are oppressed in India' that makes even white people LOL. 

I can make a better case for Sikhs being oppressors in India, than being oppressed. 

When a government names airports and roads after Indira Gandhi they become a terrorist supporting organisation.

Take out references to specific names and places and it is astonishing the similarities in Lahori and Khalistani Logic... Something in the water and air of Punjab. 

I keep going back to Naipaul's Million Mutinies - just one chapter on the 80's insurgency (and the politics leading up to it) but thats all you need to understand the problem... Low on intellect and high on emotion and distorted sense of racial superiority. 

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Unsuccessfully? Have you looked at the map of the Sikh empire? Sikhs were probably no more than 5% of that entire area. 

That was a brilliant achievement. Hari Singh Nalwa finally stopped the Afghans invading India and took over what is now the Khyber area.

The Marathas caved in to the British a lot before than the Sikhs.

Yes, but the sikhs were beaten to a pulp and hiding before the Marathas broke the mughal power, is what i meant to say. You know perfectly well, what was the fate of the Sikhs before Aurangzeb got busy in the Deccan and ran his empire dry.

What was the fate of the Sikhs before Aurangzeb ? crushed repeatedly. And don't for a minute, think that you guys would've succeed in organizing as a Punjab-wide power, if the Mughals didn't get bogged down in the Deccan. You guys were not going to 'Maratha' the Mughals, because Punjab is not Deccan. its a wide flat plain with a bunch of rivers and thats it. Ie, happy hunting grounds for Imperial armies. Its not the craggy choke-point oriented Deccan, literally littered with castles and strongholds. 

Edited by Muloghonto

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Not true....Only reason why Sikhs in Canada don't protest photos of dead Sikh fighters is, if the state Govt in India can organize and kill innocent Sikhs....why should they oppose Khalistanis....they owe no loyalty to corrupt shyt politicians and the sheep mentality people who agree with the events that happened in 1984.

Dead sikh fighters were Khalistani terrorists. I don't care how corrupt politicians are, it doesn't justify treason. 

Nobody is agreeing with events of 1984. We are simply saying, its not a genocide unless you can support your allegation with evidence of genocide or hiding a genocide.

When a Gurdwara engages in such relativism, they are not a religious body but manipulative body: you are going to support terrorists, because Indian government has killed people ? stop calling yourself a religious organization then, because you just justified supporting murderers. Guru Nanak would spit on such Gurus who use such logic.

Edited by Muloghonto

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

When a government names airports and roads after Indira Gandhi they become a terrorist supporting organisation.

And this is why nobody believes your propaganda and why 'Sikh genocide' is propaganda category right now, by Khalistani manipulators from overseas. 

Your only hate for IG is due to the fact that she lobbed bombs at your temple. too bad, she had legit reasons for lobbing bombs at your temple. You will find, plenty of Hindus are also A-ok with blowing up their temple if terrorists take it over and hold hostages there. And plenty of hindus, like you, will be upset just coz a building of their God was blown up. 

Its a silly reason to form such strong hatred of a person. 

Edited by Muloghonto

14 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Yes, dead Sikhs were Khalistani supporters, they chose that path and are gone. So what about the still alive Hindu terrorists whe are roaming free after committing mass murders in 1984. Stop whining about Sikhs storing weapons in the place of worship.khalsa concept is Saint & Soldier. This is the attitude we had since mogul days, after Independence in the wars and will continue to remain like that. But you guys were taught to take slaps from enemies by the Gandhi ideology which was very weak.

You love changing goal-posts for a 'boo hoo our people' pity-party, don't you ?

where did i say dead Sikhs are Khalistani supporters ?

I said dead Sikh fighters are khalistani terrorists. And you said dead Sikh fighters too. 

Sikhs don't have the rights to store guns in their gurdwaras. I don't care what your make-believe religion or any other such religion says, its illegal to stockpile weapons in a public building without government sanction. Canada or India. Bhindranwala was also a sanctioned terrorist who took shelter in a temple. Good thing we blew it up and didn't cave to terrorists. Khalsa concept is not supporting terrorists and that is why those Vancouver/London Gurdwaras are just joke-Sikh gurdwaras, more political mouthpieces than Gurdwaras. because your Guru, did not sanction taking hostages like Bhindranwala. 

You Sikhs did what the brits told you to do as well, so don't give me crap about 'us weak hindus'. Its because of us Bengalis you 'English sepoys' are even free of them. We Bengalis outnumber you punjabis by a 10:1 ratio for taking independence matters into our own hands and suffering in Kalapani for it. So go try your 'martial race' nonsense somewhere else. You guys didn't even have the balls to protest like we 'mache-bhate-Bangalis'. 

PS: thank you for making my point, that many Gurdwaras in Vancouver, Canada and England are just joke-Gurdwaras and no better than the corrupt Indian government, who fail to condemn terrorists. I'd have hoped a Sikh like you would hold your gurdwaras to higher standard than the Indian government. but clearly, you don't.

Edited by Muloghonto

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I said Gandhi ideology  was weak and you are accusing me of calling all Hindus weak. Anyway....enough of the all essay writing & no fact check. Here is what you need to prove now. 

Even though Sikhs were only 2% on India population, their have sacrificed so many lives fighting for India in compassion to about 78% Hindus living India.

Here are the numbers....try to match & see how many Hindu Soldiers received awards for Bravery....no more useless talk please...thx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_Regiment

Awards and citations[edit]

The Museum of the Regimental Centre displays a record of the Sikh Regiment in four halls viz.,

• The Religious/motivational Hall,
  • The Hall of Heritage,
  • The Regimental Glory Hall
  • The Peripheral Gallery.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) made a special instant award of "Unit Citation" to 8th Battalion, The Sikh Regiment for their meritorious and gallant performance in isolation of Tiger Hill, which facilitated the capture of Tiger Hill top and Helmet and India Gate, features to the West of Tiger Hill top, on night 07/8 July 1999, in Dras.

During Operation Vijay in the 1999 Kargil War, units of the regiment displayed sterling performance marked with exceptional valour and grit in the face of the enemy.

In all, the Regiment has to its credit 1652 gallantry awards and honours including

In addition it has also earned:

• 73 battle honours
  • 38 theatre honours besides five COAS Unit Citation, including
    • the one bestowed upon 8 Sikh during the 1999 Kargil episode
    • and two "Bravest of the Brave" citations.

Battle honours and theatre honours[edit]

Battle honours[edit]

Pre-Independence
World War I
250px-SikhsInFrancePostcard.jpg

French postcard depicting the arrival of 15th Sikh Regiment in France during World War I. The postcard reads, "Gentlemen of India marching to chasten the German hooligans".
Inter-War years
Second World War
220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J16796%2C_Ro

Sikh soldier in the German Legion Freies Indien
220px-Sikh_soldier_with_captured_Swastik

A Sikh soldier with the flag of Nazi Germany after German surrender during World War II
Post-Independence
  • Srinagar 1947 1 SIKH
  • Tithwal 1948 1 SIKH
  • Raja Picquet 1965 2 SIKH
  • Burki 1965 4 SIKH
  • Op Hill 1965 7 SIKH
  • Siramani 1971 4 SIKH
  • Defence of Poonch 1971 6 SIKH
  • Purbat Ali 1971 10 SIKH
  • Tiger Hill 1999 8 SIKH

Theatre honours[edit]

Pre-Independence
  • North Africa 1940-43 2 & 4 SIKH
  • Abyssinia 1940-41 4 SIKH
  • Iraq 1941 3 SIKH
  • North Africa 1941-42 3 SIKH
  • Malaya 1941-42 5 SIKH
  • Burma 1942-45 1 SIKH
  • Italy 1943-45 2 & 4 SIKH
  • Greece 1944-45 2 SIKH
Post-Independence
Others
  • The 1st Sikh battalion, in 1979 was the British Commonwealth's most decorated battalion (245 pre-independence and 82 post-independence gallantry awards), when it was transformed into the 4th mechanized infantry.[1]
  • The Sikh regiment is the highest decorated regiment of the Indian army as per Defence review annual as on 1995-1996.[2][3]

Wtf does this even mean ?!

Your gallantry awards for Sikhs post independence does not negate these two facts:

1) If if wern't for the marathas breaking the power of the muslims in India, sikhs would have been inconsequential to Indian history

2) Sikhs were the 'yes men' of the British, comprising the bulk majority of their british east India army and Sikhs did less than 1/10th as much putting their lives on the line for Indian independence as Bengalis.

Where was the vaunted Sikh bravery when the british were ruling India ? It was us Bengalis who had the balls to take violent action against the British, while you Sikhs were nothing more than loyal sepoys of the Britsh. For every Bhagat singh, we have 10 Khudiram Bose in Bengal. So like i said, take your superiorist 'martial race' nonsense elsewhere- you guys were not as brave as the bengalis against the British, just content to serve your white masters.

Go right ahead and fact-check the Kalapani registers. You sikhs were 'buzhdil' compared to us Bengalis when it came to overthrowing the Brits - you even surrendered more meekly than us Bengalis to the Brits.

Edited by Muloghonto

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Wtf does this even mean ?!

Your gallantry awards for Sikhs post independence does not negate these two facts:

1) If if wern't for the marathas breaking the power of the muslims in India, sikhs would have been inconsequential to Indian history

2) Sikhs were the 'yes men' of the British, comprising the bulk majority of their british east India army and Sikhs did less than 1/10th as much putting their lives on the line for Indian independence as Bengalis.

Where was the vaunted Sikh bravery when the british were ruling India ? It was us Bengalis who had the balls to take violent action against the British, while you Sikhs were nothing more than loyal sepoys of the Britsh. For every Bhagat singh, we have 10 Khudiram Bose in Bengal. So like i said, take your superiorist 'martial race' nonsense elsewhere- you guys were not as brave as the bengalis against the British, just content to serve your white masters.

Go right ahead and fact-check the Kalapani registers. You sikhs were 'buzhdil' compared to us Bengalis when it came to overthrowing the Brits - you even surrendered more meekly than us Bengalis to the Brits.

You Bengalis are the biggest cowards. Have you looked at the demographics of West Bengal? You are being overrun by Muslims, I wouldn't be surprised if you became a minority in your state in the near future. You have no balls to stand up to them. You Bengalis were the first to fall to the East India Company and we Sikhs were the last. There was nothing uniting Sikhs in Punjab to Bengalis in East India prior to independence. India is just a country made up of many small nations. I have as much to do with you as a British person does with a Greek so why should we have sided with you?