Arjun Tendulkar selected in Mumbai U-19 squad

Trichromatic

This I don't agree with...even though I kind of admire Arjun putting in the hard yards even though he doesn't really need to, these net sessions could be used for local domestic or university players.

I remember watching  a net session once....Sachin was practicing and the local university bowlers(who looked like decent bowlers)  where bowling at him...he pretty much lofted and smashed every ball straight  like it was lollipop bowling even though it was evident that the university bowlers where giving it their all and the ball was coming at a decent pace....on the other hand Javagal Srinath would take 2 or 3 steps and roll his arm over and Sachin would just play a compact defensive shot.

Biggest takeaway from this anyway was Sir Aggy's batting practice :hail:

..the guy had proper technique and balance almost text book-esque

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

This I don't agree with...even though I kind of admire Arjun putting in the hard yards even though he doesn't really need to, these net sessions could be used for local domestic or university players.

I remember watching  a net session once....Sachin was practicing and the local university bowlers(who looked like decent bowlers)  where bowling at him...he pretty much lofted and smashed every ball straight  like it was lollipop bowling even though it was evident that the university bowlers where giving it their all and the ball was coming at a decent pace....on the other hand Javagal Srinath would take 2 or 3 steps and roll his arm over and Sachin would just play a compact defensive shot.

Biggest takeaway from this anyway was Sir Aggy's batting practice :hail:

..the guy had proper technique and balance almost text book-esque

these net sessions are open for everyone, from age group players to ranji player and they do take part in it and bowl to both teams at the nets.

31 minutes ago, Khota said:

May I know why is he given a preferntial treatment? How did he earn a right to bowl to Indian batsman? This is nonsense.

why this is nonsense.  all u19, u23, club cricketers bowl at the nets of host and visiting teams. He is bowling at the nets like any other club cricketer does to give them practice.

On 9/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Khota said:

I hope he is successful . I hope he is the best. I hope there is no preferential treatment. Odds are against him. How tall is he? Does he have the correct twitch muscles? What is his pace? Good luck to him and hope whatever he does is strictly based on merit.

He is pretty sharp for his age. He has been clocked at 131 in the past 

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

why this is nonsense.  all u19, u23, club cricketers bowl at the nets of host and visiting teams. He is bowling at the nets like any other club cricketer does to give them practice.

No problem as long as this was based on merit. 

8 hours ago, msplash9 said:

LOL .. He is now an U19 Mumbai player and not a keyboard warrior

O.K...

How many bowlers were bowling to Indian team and what was his pecking order. Was he the best or there were better? 

I am skeptical of what you guys are saying that this is all merit. i am not buying it.

Gavaskars son. Then Binny. Now Tendulkar. I have never seen these things end well. Good luck.

Edited by Khota

/\ This guy is a bowler unlike his dad. This guy will be everything what his dad could not be. A genuine quickie! Its no secret that Sachin always wanted to be an express bowler, and it looks like its Tendulkar Jnr who will fulfill that dream. 

Arjun reminds me too much of Shaun Pollock. His looks, his runup style, his mannerisms. The only difference is, Pollock was a medium pace bowler while Arjun is trying to be an express bowler.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, rkt.india said:

if his use of right hand gets better, he will bowl quicker.

No, his main problem is landing. His rhythm is wrong and his landing is wrong. Also, he is not catapulting using his back and hips to generate pace. So either he was not giving his 100% in the videos posted, or he needs to improve his landing and rhythm and use of rear muscles. 

47 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

No, his main problem is landing. His rhythm is wrong and his landing is wrong. Also, he is not catapulting using his back and hips to generate pace. So either he was not giving his 100% in the videos posted, or he needs to improve his landing and rhythm and use of rear muscles. 

Nice analysis. 

3 hours ago, Khota said:

No problem as long as this was based on merit. 

What merit? He is club cricket, playing u19 for Mumbai that is enough merit. You don't need some great qualification to be a net bowler. He is a left armer that probably also worked in his favor.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Agree with you. I believe he will get better with his action. Though his run up is very good.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

What merit? He is club cricket, playing u19 for Mumbai that is enough merit. You don't need some great qualification to be a net bowler. He is a left armer that probably also worked in his favor.

If in your heart you feel it was all merit than there is nothing to discuss.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

His run up and his hand positioning has Shaun Pollock written all over it!

That means he is line length and control. I will let our resident expert shed more light (Rightarmfast) on it. Dont you need a whiplash action for pace?