World XL vs Pakistan 3rd game.Sep 15,2017 at Lahore

Wapas

Sep.13,wed.2017 second game

sep 15 fri, 2017 third game today

7 pm local Pakistan
7.30 pm local India

Pak vs WXI, Lahore

Preview:

Resurrection is often led by icons. Two years ago when Lahore's iconic Gaddafi stadium dared to host Zimbabwe for a short limited-overs series, in certain corridors it was considered to be a move bordering on temerity. The motive to host an international team was two-pronged - to ensure Pakistan's qualification for the ICC Champions Trophy, 2017 and to send a signal across to the world that the country had finally moved on from the tragic events of 2009, and was ready to host international teams. However, the objective could be achieved only in parts. A bomb blast outside the stadium during the second ODI killed two people including a policeman. And then the third ODI was abandoned due to rain, leaving Pakistan's hopes to qualify for the Champions Trophy in doldrums.

That's water under the bridge. The tournament Pakistan were desperate to qualify for is done and dusted with the trophy gracing the PCB's cabinet. And Lahore is ready again, this time with a clear cut agenda. Independence Cup, which will see the hosts take on the World XI in three T20Is, starts on Tuesday (September 12). What's all the more significant is the news that the matches have been accorded international status.

It is as much about regaining the faith of the world as it is about guaranteeing a show that satiates a craving that has now lasted for more than eight years. While it's easy to digress and discuss the occasion, and the impact of some of the prominent names travelling to Pakistan, there is cricket to be played and players will want to remain focused on that.

Pakistan have named an expected squad for the series with a few changes from their last T20I series against West Indies earlier this year. Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, and Wahab Riaz haven't found a place in the squad while relatively fresh faces like Umar Amin, Usman Khan, and Aamer Yamin were able to make the cut. The inclusion of these three names does make Pakistan a little less experienced side - at least on paper - in comparison to the World XI side that appears to be an experienced camp of players pitchforked from all across the globe.

Lahore, since forever, has been a window to Pakistani culture. That it witnessed the terrorist attacks of 2009 on the touring Sri Lankan team has been a blot on an otherwise glorious cricketing heritage. Come September 12, redemption beckons as international cricket will finally find a way to the country through the same window.

When: Pakistan vs World XI, 1st T20I - September 12 at 8:00 PM Local Time

Where: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

What to expect: Since the rise of T20Is in the sub-continent coincided with Pakistan's international isolation, it's a little tricky to predict how the international players will take to the conditions on offer. The venue, earlier this year, hosted the PSL final in which Peshawar Zalmi drubbed Quetta Gladiators in a low-scoring affair, with the runner-ups failing to last 20 overs. But traditionally it has been a high scoring ground and it will be interesting to see the combination du Plessis opts for in conditions alien to him and most of the players he is leading.

Team News:

Mohammad Amir is likely to miss the series as he is with his wife in England expecting their first child. Meanwhile, the World XI team is not short on sub-continent experience despite the Indian players giving the series a miss. Allrounder Thisara Perera, Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal, and Lahore-born leg-spinner Imran Tahir will add enough Asian flavour to the side. Led by Faf du Plessis, the team will also see England allrounder Paul Collingwood feature an international T20 squad for the first time since 2011.

What they said:

"Everybody here has accepted that they are part of something more important than just themselves. To me, it's a place where I have a great connection and going back there, like I said through the PSL final, to bring cricket back to Pakistan, if we can be part of history, a greater purpose, it's a wonderful opportunity" - Darren Sammy, the two-time T20 WC winning skipper.

Teams:

Pakistan (From): Ahmed Shehzad, Babar Azam, Sarfraz Ahmed(w/c), Shoaib Malik, Usman Khan, Fahim Ashraf, Umar Amin, Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim, Aamer Yamin, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees, Sohail Khan

World XI (From): Tim Paine(w), Faf du Plessis(c), Hashim Amla, Grant Elliott, David Miller, George Bailey, Paul Collingwood, Ben Cutting, Tamim Iqbal, Darren Sammy, Thisara Perera, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel,samuel Badree.

Edited by Wapas

Pakistan 1/0 in 3 match series likely to be beaten in second game.WXl chasing 175 to win are 40 for 0 off 3.5 overs.Tamim on fire

For live game Register at www.cricketgateway.pk for free game from Pakistan regardless where about you lived.

Or you may try at www.cricketgetway.com

(you can only registered in between the 1st  and 40 th overs on Friday)

.com okayed.

Because above link.pk for Pakistan's IP.ADDRESS only.

Pakistan 174 for 6

Babar 45,Shehjad 43, Malik 39

Badree and Perera 2 wits each

Edited by Wapas
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Just tuned in to check out the game, and typically "classy" Pak fans holding up signs asking Kohli to get permission from his mom to play in Pak.   Keep dreaming greenbros!  You can't afford the top stars of cricket!

haha thanks for clearing this up, i read virat's name in the crowd somewhere, but the camera wasn't focused on him long enough, thats some India Obsession!  

36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rameez Raja talks about Pakistan fast bowlers fielding well.  In the next 3 balls Sohail Khan and Rumman Raees both drop catches.

But the big fun came  when Malik dropped a sitter offered by Dangerous T.Perera.

Amla remain not out till ends.my M.O.M is Pereira for his 2 wickets and 19 ball 47 not out

World xl level series 1/1.Perera scored 20 runs in the  19th over.

39 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

haha thanks for clearing this up, i read virat's name in the crowd somewhere, but the camera wasn't focused on him long enough, thats some India Obsession!  

You keep doing your  'true Detective' job in the next game on Friday

Faf won toss and World XL bowl first in the 3 rd T20 A decider

Paine ( Aus wicket keeper for the t20 tour of India ) and Collingwood out

bailey and Sammy playing today .i guess Bailey will keep wicket 

hasan Ali back in place of Sohail khan 

Edited by Wapas