Would you pay $1000(or 89k in India ) for a cell phone?

Texan

Would you pay $1000 for a cell phone?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay $1000 for a cell phone?

• YES - Worth it
    • NO - Good phones available at much better price
    • NO - Other reason

Do you think it is worth the value it provides? Apple just announced the iPhone X, which is priced at $999. Samsung has the Note 8 priced at $929. Smartphones are now hitting the 4 figure mark.

At the same time, there are many middle tier Android phones and even older generation iPhones that provide almost every feature that most casual users need in their phones. Often these Android phones especially boast some top notch specs too and cost in the range of $400-$550. So, if it really worth going for the most expensive phones or is it just for brand/status recognition fueled by Apple and Samsung's marketing strategies.

Edited by BeautifulGame

Nope...it is just a scam...who wants OLED display on a tiny phone that costs more than a 4K tv and who uses facial recognition anyways...you mean to tell me facial recognition is more secure than actual

fingerprints? Anyway doesn't matter who uses those features anyway

Doesnt matter to apple. They think people will pay and they are right people will as they sheeple. Augmented reality really thats one of your selling point.Their is no competitor for apple anyway and their eco system is only booming this is like a circle. If your company does mobile apps what laptop , phone and tablet do they buy and then you buy iPhone,  apple tv, watch ?

Edited by gattaca

2 hours ago, Detonator said:

Note 4, G3 and S6 had the same price tag when they came out. Xioami phones are better.

I have this one from past 1 yr

http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_prime-8250.php

Overall this phone is quite good for 7650/- (15% discount on 9000/-), the price I had paid for it.

Sound is low, so u need headphones for YouTube etc. So whenever you buy a phone, Xiaomi phone or any other phone specially cheaper ones, do read reviews in detail. On Flipkart it was rated 4.3 out of 5.

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

I have this one from past 1 yr

http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_prime-8250.php

Overall this phone is quite good for 7650/- (15% discount on 9000/-), the price I had paid for it.

Sound is low, so u need headphones for YouTube etc. So whenever you buy a phone, Xiaomi phone or any other phone specially cheaper ones, do read reviews in detail. On Flipkart it was rated 4.3 out of 5.

Yeah.. Redmi note 3 has a similar issue and the phone heats up like anything.

Speaking of sound, I really like the moto speaker mod

https://www.motorola.in/products/moto-mods/jbl-soundboost-speaker

Moto z2 play - 27k 

JBL mod - 7k

Hasselblad zoom - 20k

1 minute ago, Detonator said:

Yeah.. Redmi note 3 has a similar issue and the phone heats up like anything.

Speaking of sound, I really like the moto speaker mod

https://www.motorola.in/products/moto-mods/jbl-soundboost-speaker

Moto z2 play - 27k 

JBL mod - 7k

Hasselblad zoom - 20k

Heating issue isn't there in this one...I practically use this all day continuous...

13 minutes ago, Stuge said:

Nope..I'm using one plus 5 ::P

iPhone 8 le liyo bhai , phacial recognition wala pheature hai Usme..

For serious though, OnePlus 3 was possibly the best overall (price factor included) for a long time....Redmi phones are also very good. 

Edited by randomGuy

I would if I m in the market for a new phone. For iphone X, key features for me are the design and Oled HDR calibrated display. It also introduces 4k 60 fps video recording.

There is Essential phone, which is not as expensive as X, as well but I did not go for it yet as it is gen 1. Red is coming out with a modular phone but it may not be for everyone

At some point, the law of diminishing returns would kick in for such products but if you love it, go for it. There is no right or wrong answer. I have seen ppl drive 10-15 kms to save $5 in grocery shopping or 2 cents on fuel so everyone has different criteria

PS currently I use both Note and iPhone. One has work sim, other has home sim card

Edited by zen

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

iPhone 8 le liyo bhai , phacial recognition wala pheature hai Usme..

For serious though, OnePlus 3 was possibly the best overall (price factor included) for a long time....Redmi phones are also very good. 

Woo feature Iphone X main hai :P..Iphone 8 main nahin .

I had to give up one plus 3  due to motherboard issues .