Born in Mid 80s. Cricket Watching period Mid 90s to Present.

PSB_Zone

We all must have gone through all kinds of World X1 selected 
By players from the players with whom they played..

Well since none of us are International players we can also play the game
but according to what we have seen watching On television .My last memory of
watching a cricket match is probably 1995..

So My TEST world X1  wd be

Mat hayden
Rahul Dravid( Yes he is not opener but got to be in my team somehow. Most of the time he Virtually opened anyway)
Richie Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Brain Lara
Jak Kallish
Sangakara ( Very Tough at no 7 u can select Gilli as well)
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Glen Macgrath

1 hour ago, PSB_Zone said:

We all must have gone through all kinds of World X1 selected 
By players from the players with whom they played..

Well since none of us are International players we can also play the game
but according to what we have seen watching On television .My last memory of
watching a cricket match is probably 1995..

So My TEST world X1  wd be

Mat hayden
Rahul Dravid( Yes he is not opener but got to be in my team somehow. Most of the time he Virtually opened anyway)
Richie Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Brain Lara
Jak Kallish
Sangakara ( Very Tough at no 7 u can select Gilli as well)
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Glen Macgrath

Excellent XI.   You could go either way with Sanga vs Gilly - this team is strong enough to not require the additional batting class that Sanga brings to the table, or you could argue that Sanga would be a better keeper for Spin.  

Its notable that since the 1990s, its rare to find a English player in these types of all-star XIs.   Maybe if you had to pick a team post 2005, the likes of Anderson might get considered.  And if Root keeps up his performance levels, he can start entering the discussions.  

Started watching cricket in 1996 world cup (although barely remember it except a few moments here and there), although I did watch my first match in stadium in 1994 which was India vs west indies test match ( have absolutely no memory of this game except 1 ball where kambli misfielded right in front of me and gave away a boundary)

My Test XI would be:

Hayden

Sehwag

Ponting (c)

Tendulkar

Lara

Kallis

Gilly (wk)

Warne

Murali/Ambrose

Mcgrath

Steyn

2 minutes ago, kira said:

Started watching cricket in 1996 world cup (although barely remember it except a few moments here and there), although I did watch my first match in stadium in 1994 which was India vs west indies test match ( have absolutely no memory of this game except 1 ball where kambli misfielded right in front of me and gave away a boundary)

My Test XI would be:

Hayden

Sehwag

Ponting (c)

Tendulkar

Lara

Kallis

Gilly (wk)

Warne

Murali/Ambrose

Mcgrath

Steyn

Smith over Sehwag?

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Smith over Sehwag?

Sehwag is a beast, the biggest matchwinner in asia, can turn draws into wins, probably the greatest player of spin, sure he'll have issues outside subcontinent and smith might fare better than him but with a middle order of ponting, sachin, lara and kallis I can afford sehwag, who on his day can win you the game singlehandedly

19 minutes ago, kira said:

Sehwag is a beast, the biggest matchwinner in asia, can turn draws into wins, probably the greatest player of spin, sure he'll have issues outside subcontinent and smith might fare better than him but with a middle order of ponting, sachin, lara and kallis I can afford sehwag, who on his day can win you the game singlehandedly

Watching Sehwag bat in test matches was a unique experience.  Regardless of who was bowling to him, you knew that Veeru was going to attack him.  Gilchrist did the same, but that was at #7 behind a power-packed batting lineup.   Sehwag did it as an opener.  For a couple of years in his prime, Veeru in test cricket was just a super-freak.

This wont be my all time XI but an XI i wud like to watch, My All time XI post 1996 when i started watching cricket is pretty much same as few above. 

An XI ill like to watch any day win or loose. The visually pleasing XI 

1. Hayden

2. Sehwag 

3. Kevin pietersen/ VVS laxman  

4. Lara

5. Ab devillers 

6. Gilly 

7. Flintoff ( loved watching him bowl)

8. Warne

9. Steyn

10. Bond/Akram (since bond was unfit most times)

11. Akthar/Akram (Akthar ke bhi kharab ghutne the ) 

Logic mat dhundha , this is just an a team of 11 player who ll always hook me on television 

Watching cricket from 1982-83 season

Test teams picking the best of 34 years

Tests played in Asia require completely different types of players and so, I have different teams.

Tests In Asia

1. Gavaskar

2. Sehwag

3. Dravid / Pujara

4. Tendulkar

5. Kallis

6. Lara / Miandad

7. Dhoni  (wk)

8. Ashwin / Murali

9. Wasim

10. Steyn / Shami

11. Kumble 

Tests outside Asia --

1. Gavaskar

2. Graeme Smith

3. Richards 

4. Tendulkar

5. Kallis

6. Steve Smith

7. Gilchrist  (wk)

8. Marshall

9. Warne

10. McGrath

11. Steyn

Edited by express bowling

So this nonsense again? I guess it's time to recycle old crappy topics again.

From the 80s onwards, the mighty Aussies dominated and so the bulk and core of the team should be with them. I hate to say it to you guys but I think the only 2 Asians who I would place in the side are Sehwag and possibly Sanga, but even then you might pick Gilly who was more destructive.

Wasim Akram and especially Tendulkar are so over rated. Sure they've got impressive ODI stats, but in tests there have been better guys and guys who don't wilt against the best or under pressure.

3 hours ago, bones said:

From the 80s onwards, the mighty Aussies dominated and so the bulk and core of the team should be with them. I hate to say it to you guys but I think the only 2 Asians who I would place in the side are Sehwag and possibly Sanga, but even then you might pick Gilly who was more destructive.

Wasim Akram and especially Tendulkar are so over rated. Sure they've got impressive ODI stats, but in tests there have been better guys and guys who don't wilt against the best or under pressure.

And yet, India leads 7 - 5 in the Border Gavaskar test series which started in the '90s.

The Aussies wilted under pressure almost every time they played tests in India when they had to play outside their comfort zone.

Edited by express bowling