MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Or take a single off the first ball when #8 is batting at the other end.

I actually believed that it was a very good innings and even said that. But after reading this comment I just casually scrolled through commentary of that match. After bhuvi came in, every single over Dhoni took single in first or second ball of the overs chickening the strike back to a tailender so early. Damn!! This guy wants to stay not out. We just got lucky that bhuvi played well and did not throw it away. Thanks. :hatsoff:

43 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I actually believed that it was a very good innings and even said that. But after reading this comment I just casually scrolled through commentary of that match. After bhuvi came in, every single over Dhoni took single in first or second ball of the overs chickening the strike back to a tailender so early. Damn!! This guy wants to stay not out. We just got lucky that bhuvi played well and did not throw it away. Thanks. :hatsoff:

When you you still have 100+ runs to score, you don't farm the strike and hit boundaries. Dhoni had faith in Bhuvi's defensive technique, that's the reason he gave the strike to him. Bhuvi mentioned that Dhoni told him to bat like he would do in tests as there were lots of overs and there was no need to hit out. If Bhuvi had gotten out, Dhoni would have done what you said. You cannot farm the strike and score 100 runs with tail, that is never going to happen. If you watch Steven Waugh bat, he would always give a lot of strike to tail enders, one's who are worse than Bhuvi. He chickened out as well right according to you? When you require less than run a ball, Dhoni taking majority of the strike and trying to hit boundaries would mean that India would have fallen behind the run rate or worse would have lost Dhoni. 

3 minutes ago, cricketpitch said:

When you you still have 100+ runs to score, you don't farm the strike and hit boundaries. Dhoni had faith in Bhuvi's defensive technique, that's the reason he gave the strike to him. Bhuvi mentioned that Dhoni told him to bat like he would do in tests as there were lots of overs and there was no need to hit out. If Bhuvi had gotten out, Dhoni would have done what you said. You cannot farm the strike and score 100 runs with tail, that is never going to happen. If you watch Steven Waugh bat, he would always give a lot of strike to tail enders, one's who are worse than Bhuvi. He chickened out as well right according to you? When you require less than run a ball, Dhoni taking majority of the strike and trying to hit boundaries would mean that India would have fallen behind the run rate or worse would have lost Dhoni. 

he knows that already. 

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Here is dhoni chickening strike when bhuvi came in in 22nd over.This includes exposing bhuvi to rampaging danajay.

....... So on.

:rotfl:

Usually other teams try their best to deny singles and have to work hard to keep tailenders on strike. And here we have em es dee lunging the tailenders to Lanka with open arms......

Edited by Laaloo

Here is dhoni chickening strike when bhuvi came in in 22nd over.This includes exposing bhuvi to rampaging danajay.

....... So on.

obviously there cant be anything positive in so far as dhoni is concerned :laugh:

Played well. Showed us again that he is capable of playing out overs and nudging towards targets when the run-rate required is not high. Liked his innings in 4th ODI where he and Pandey setup a good target after a mid innings mini collapse. I still reserve my judgement on whether he is still the best option against better opponents on flat tracks.