MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

8 hours ago, cricketpitch said:

When you you still have 100+ runs to score, you don't farm the strike and hit boundaries. Dhoni had faith in Bhuvi's defensive technique, that's the reason he gave the strike to him. Bhuvi mentioned that Dhoni told him to bat like he would do in tests as there were lots of overs and there was no need to hit out. If Bhuvi had gotten out, Dhoni would have done what you said. You cannot farm the strike and score 100 runs with tail, that is never going to happen. If you watch Steven Waugh bat, he would always give a lot of strike to tail enders, one's who are worse than Bhuvi. He chickened out as well right according to you? When you require less than run a ball, Dhoni taking majority of the strike and trying to hit boundaries would mean that India would have fallen behind the run rate or worse would have lost Dhoni. 

And this was because Bhuvi was his partner when he made the EPIC 224. 

9 hours ago, Pollack said:

I actually believed that it was a very good innings and even said that. But after reading this comment I just casually scrolled through commentary of that match. After bhuvi came in, every single over Dhoni took single in first or second ball of the overs chickening the strike back to a tailender so early. Damn!! This guy wants to stay not out. We just got lucky that bhuvi played well and did not throw it away. Thanks. :hatsoff:

you acutally think we would have won the match had Dhoni tried shielding the strike for 20 overs ? Pretty much every great partnership with tailenders , was only possible when the lesser batsmen was instilled with confidence right from the begining .

Steve waugh pioneered this stratergey .

Kya velu...now your headings are getting pretty ordinary.This happens when you make a hundred threads a day.:no:

Dhoni not out for the entire tour!!!:bored:

How about....
They just couldn't get him !!!
The ultimate peheredar!!!!
Catch him if you can!!!
Million dollar wkt !!!!

C' mon man....it is not a chore.:smokin:get creative!!!

lol .. wait for the next series then
some jelly sachinsta mods deleted many of my threads as well
2 hours ago, velu said:

lol .. wait for the next series then emoji3.png
some jelly sachinsta mods deleted many of my threads as well

Biggest loser. Can't even reply people back.. What does abuses his power asusual and protects his ICF buddies but but i don't even mod posts from other fans LOL Yeh right

13 hours ago, cricketpitch said:

When you you still have 100+ runs to score, you don't farm the strike and hit boundaries. Dhoni had faith in Bhuvi's defensive technique, that's the reason he gave the strike to him. Bhuvi mentioned that Dhoni told him to bat like he would do in tests as there were lots of overs and there was no need to hit out. If Bhuvi had gotten out, Dhoni would have done what you said. You cannot farm the strike and score 100 runs with tail, that is never going to happen. If you watch Steven Waugh bat, he would always give a lot of strike to tail enders, one's who are worse than Bhuvi. He chickened out as well right according to you? When you require less than run a ball, Dhoni taking majority of the strike and trying to hit boundaries would mean that India would have fallen behind the run rate or worse would have lost Dhoni. 

3 hours ago, jusarrived said:

you acutally think we would have won the match had Dhoni tried shielding the strike for 20 overs ? Pretty much every great partnership with tailenders , was only possible when the lesser batsmen was instilled with confidence right from the begining .

Steve waugh pioneered this stratergey .

Nobody's asking to keep farming strike for 20 overs. He straightaway started exposing Bhuvi in first or second ball of the overs. Not at all a fan of this strategy.If you watch the match again SL bowlers started spraying while Dhoni and bhuvi were batting right from the start. This is why we got away with it.

Good point about Steve Waugh. But do not believe in giving confidence to tailenders.If batsman is above average batsman only then it is fine. Bhuvi is a tailender. Don't let his scoring in England cloud your views. 

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

Biggest loser. Can't even reply people back.. What does abuses his power asusual and protects his ICF buddies but but i don't even mod posts from other fans LOL Yeh right

I have responded to almost every one who quoted my posts. I do see that when I call some of the chamchas out they go into hiding and don't respond to my posts. The only person on ICF who I rarely respond to is you. I'll give you this opportunity to do some soul-searching as to why. But I guess you're used to writing gibberish on this site and not getting any reaction at all. :cantstop:

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Nobody's asking to keep farming strike for 20 overs. He straightaway started exposing Bhuvi in first or second ball of the overs. Not at all a fan of this strategy.If you watch the match again SL bowlers started spraying while Dhoni and bhuvi were batting right from the start. This is why we got away with it.

Good point about Steve Waugh. But do not believe in giving confidence to tailenders.If batsman is above average batsman only then it is fine. Bhuvi is a tailender. Don't let his scoring in England cloud your views. 

Bhuvi the guy who's not known to hit boundaries actually hit boundaries. 5 more than the so called finisher. Thankfully it clicked with bhuvi. Otherwise the result would have been same it was against windies where dhoni was doing so called 'anchoring'  the innings while other batsmen showing intent had to lose their wickets because this guy with his fetish was trying to show off by taking the match to the last over when it should have been done and dusted  roughly 10 overs back. 

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Bhuvi the guy who's not known to hit boundaries actually hit boundaries. 5 more than the so called finisher. Thankfully it clicked with bhuvi. Otherwise the result would have been same it was against windies where dhoni was doing so called 'anchoring'  the innings while other batsmen showing intent had to lose their wickets because this guy with his fetish was trying to show off by taking the match to the last over when it should have been done and dusted  roughly 10 overs back. 

For once bhuvi taking risks was actually pretty sensible idea. If dhoni takes risks and gets out its almost game over. So no issues there. However he shouldn't have exposed bhuvi to danajay pretty early. He should have kept more strike and then slowly watching bhuvi play start trusting him progressively. IMO this is a proper approach. Showing faith in a below average batsman straightaway is stupid.

33 minutes ago, Pollack said:

For once bhuvi taking risks was actually pretty sensible idea. If dhoni takes risks and gets out its almost game over. So no issues there. However he shouldn't have exposed bhuvi to danajay pretty early. He should have kept more strike and then slowly watching bhuvi play start trusting him progressively. IMO this is a proper approach. Showing faith in a below average batsman straightaway is stupid.

Well if you put it that way, I guess out of my goodness nature and beautiful heart, I can give some credit to Dhoni. :nice:

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

its worked in the end dint it ? We won the match . 

What are we accusing Dhoni off now , that he was hoping Bhuvi and rest of the team gets out and match's done early ? 

if you dont hate the guy , its fairly simple . He thought it was best to give Bhuvi strike right from the beginning , am pretty sure he knew it was a risk  .

You dont like that strategy is that because you have few other fool proof stratergy for such a situation ? then you are right to complain here .

When you say we got away cos SL bowlers started spraying , you dont have a 100 run partnership without having some luck , let alone with a tailender even between top order batsmen you still need things going your way .

As for Bhuvis batting , IIRC I created a thread on his batting I think a ~year before he debuted for India after I had watched a Ranji game he had played for UP . Big fan , hes not lived up to is potential with the bat but the basics of his batting is better than some of the top order batsmen I have seen , I have not seen much improvement in his batting since the first time may be cos hes not taken it seriously and partly cos bigger names in Ashwin/Jadeja he does not get enough opportunities to build an innings . Still wudnt surprise me if he plays a classy test knock at some point of his career . 

8 hours ago, Laaloo said:

I have responded to almost every one who quoted my posts. I do see that when I call some of the chamchas out they go into hiding and don't respond to my posts. The only person on ICF who I rarely respond to is you. I'll give you this opportunity to do some soul-searching as to why. But I guess you're used to writing gibberish on this site and not getting any reaction at all. :cantstop:

Lol you just responded didn't you. Giving me so called attention.  You don't even reply to anybody when you get REKT and usually get called out by neutrals. Gibberish LOL coming from you is funny

2 hours ago, velu said:

not blaming you ..

i know you are very sensitive about mod neutrality :fear:

you are as neutral as lord sanishwar :phehe:

Not sensitive at all. But when I know I haven't done it and you and your ilk still keeps blaming me it gets annoying. You have been warned/banned countless times about complaining about mods and yet you continue to do it. You know the right forum is to do it in site feedback. 

Word of advice: maybe next time you don't want your threads to be deleted, you shouldnt create sensitive topics like the blue whale game

Edited by Laaloo
18 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Not sensitive at all. But when I know I haven't done it and you and your ilk still keeps blaming me it gets annoying. You have been warned/banned countless times about complaining about mods and yet you continue to do it. You know the right forum is to do it in site feedback. 

Word of advice: maybe next time you don't want your threads to be deleted, you shouldnt create sensitive topics like the blue whale game

if i want to complain seriously , i will put it in feedback thread .. i am not a pussycat to cry for these silly things :bandit:

blue whale game in not at all sensitive :dontknow: