MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

If Pant & Kishen have a great domestic season this year, selectors will have to consider them in the team .

When they selected Binny the selector were giving the argument that there are no ready made cricketers in the domestic cricket.Then Pandya got the chance & he proved the selectors wrong.

Pant should have been selected in the squad in place of Rahane

They can score all the runs they want. Won't matter as long as dhoni is still selected. Dhoni is the elefant in the room. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

And Dhoni's keeping was great when he debuted? World cup will be played in England early summer. At that time, spinners will have no real impact.

one thing we forget in keeping is keeping under pressure 

Karthik n patel are 2 best examples who gets brain fart under pressure while keeping 

And in case of dhoni we didnt have any option to, he offered something with bat which no keeper did it in past and parthiv n karthik failed that time. Incase of pant as of now dhoni is doing decent . Had dhoni retired most likely we wud have had to invest in pant no matter how good bad avg his keeping wud have been 

Yes pant will improve and he shud be given chances but m all comparing what one individual brings and what his replacement cant at this point. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes pant will improve and he shud be given chances but m all comparing what one individual brings and what his replacement cant at this point. 

But we are not playing world cup at this point to look what current individual and his replacement brings at this point. Its pointless to expect dhoni's replacement to be better than dhoni in every aspect to be in team.It is just a fan in you which is justifying clearly wrong things happening. Even if we are taking dhoni to wc2019 we must prepare a backup keeper.  We need to prepare a back up keeper for world cup. Pant with one struggling innings seems to be out of favour. Suspicious as it can get. But not surprising, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, Pollack said:

But we are not playing world cup at this point to look what current individual and his replacement brings at this point. Its pointless to expect dhoni's replacement to be better than dhoni in every aspect to be in team.It is just a fan in you which is justifying clearly wrong things happening. Even if we are taking dhoni to wc2019 we must prepare a backup keeper.  We need to prepare a back up keeper for world cup. Pant with one struggling innings seems to be out of favour. Suspicious as it can get. But not surprising, isn't it?

Read above what i have written u n i aint saying something diff

M also saying give pant a chance, infact i have clearly written dhoni shudnt play t20 he aint good in that format. Give every t20 game to Pant and if he doesnt do well samson or kishen 

Not a fan inside me, he has performed so how can we think of dropping him

Backup has to be prep for every situation even captaincy so i wud like a series in between were rohit his given captaincy 

Even i didnt appreciate pant dropping after one inning, neways he has enough A games now to prove himself and if doesnt score well other will come ahead in the list 

They also said the same thing about Sachin even when he was just pale shadow on himself.Sachin stopped being useful to the team after 2011 World cup. They should have forced him to retire then.No amount of experience will overcome lack of production.

I don't mind Dhoni being in mix for world cup but they should give other players a chance. When Jadeja or Ashwin can be rotated why Dhoni cannot be rotated is beyond me.

Prime example of timidity is De Kock who was not part of the test team in 2015 Indian series even after thumping Indian bowlers in ODIs and South Africa paid dearly for it.That guy Dane Vilas is nowhere to be found now.

You will never know how good or bad Pant or anybody else if they are not given enough chances.This playing safe attitude will lead team no where.Talented youth will always triumph over ageing stars.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Laaloo said:

Dhoni has played this perfectly. He MADE sure Pant doesnt get enough games to prove himself.

Bhai, if Pant is so good, let Pant barge in as other 5 batsman. Remember, Gilly did play a few matches with Healy/not as designate keeper, yea ?

Pant needs to be lights out to replace a great of the game and rightly so. this is all stemming form 'player X is Y years old. I do not like Y years old, i want younger, screw performance'. 

Infact i think if Pant does light it up in next IPL, he should be given chance in ODIs and see how it goes- next IPL is still more than a year from the WC of ODIs.