MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

People need to have a perspective that it is not about replacing Dhoni immediately. He might not be replaced even in next 2 years but at least have a back up plan ready. At least prepare a young player to take his place. Look at what happened to Australia after Gilchrist. They are still struggling to find that coveted WK/batsman in LOI cricket. Why didn't they select Pant against SL as back keeper is beyond me. He should even got a game or two. We need to keep giving him international exposure at the international level.

And what makes you think that will be him even in future ? Fact is he is overhyped slogger just on ICF. Did he have a good T20I? Last time I checked he slowed that WI game  on a patta and didn't have great A tour on other hand pandey did well and drafted in... No one cares about those few agenda driven sachin chamchas :giggle:

"A player is evaluated on the basis of his current form and fitness and Dhoni has both. If you see his wicket-keeping, he is the best in ODI cricket. His fitness is superb, he batted well in Sri Lanka. And let me tell you, it was just a trailer what you saw in Sri Lanka now wait for the movie," he said.

Shastri said if Dhoni can continue to perform like this then there's no question of not having him in the 2019 World Cup.

"If he continues to play like this, there no question of not having him in the team for the 2019 world cup. You can't even think of a team without Dhoni," he said.

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/we-need-ms-dhoni-in-2019-world-cup-ravi-shastri-1750178?pfrom=home-otherstories

7 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

And what makes you think that will be him even in future ? Fact is he is overhyped slogger just on ICF. Did he have a good T20I? Last time I checked he slowed that WI game  on a patta and didn't have great A tour on other hand pandey did well and drafted in... No one cares about those few agenda driven sachin chamchas :giggle:

Good or not backup wicketkeeper needs to be there. Since Karthick, Patel are poor keepers and neither very special in batting, India has no choice but to select Pant or Ishan or some other youngster as a backup. These kids also need to be given low profile series like against SL, WI etc. But dhoni wants to play every game and there lies a problem.

41 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Good or not backup wicketkeeper needs to be there. Since Karthick, Patel are poor keepers and neither very special in batting, India has no choice but to select Pant or Ishan or some other youngster as a backup. These kids also need to be given low profile series like against SL, WI etc. But dhoni wants to play every game and there lies a problem.

We already have backup wicket keeper in the team(Kedar and Rahul) not sure how many times it was told here before Dravid and other coaches said Pant's keeping is not upto the mark. "But dhoni wants" so if Dhoni wants to bring back joginder sharma he can? Lot of rubbish from agenda gang. It doesn't matter what he wants. Selectors and Kohli think he is not good enough so it is what it is... 

Edited by Rasgulla
1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

he is the best prospect right now. He played one game and you already declared. By this criteria, Dhoni should have been out from T20 long ago.

14 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

We already have backup wicket keeper in the team(Kedar and Rahul) not sure how many times it was told here before Dravid and other coaches said Pant's keeping is not upto the mark. "But dhoni wants" so if Dhoni wants to bring back joginder sharma he can? Lot of rubbish from agenda gang. It doesn't matter what he wants. Selectors and Kohli think he is not good enough so it is what it is... 

Even Dhoni's keeping was not up to the mark when he made his debut in 2004. He was only selected because he could slog and hit big. Same is the case with Pant now.

Rahul and Kedar are temporary keepers, not backup keepers. 

Edited by rkt.india
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he is the best prospect right now. He played one game and you already declared. By this criteria, Dhoni should have been out from T20 long ago.

Dhoni was not only a batsmen. He was captain and WK from day 1 of T20Is you can't compare that to this atall. If a coach is saying he is not a good keeper yet that means he is not ready.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Dhoni's keeping was not up to the mark when he made his debut in 2004. He was only selected because he could slog and hit big. Same is the case with Pant now.

Rahul and Kedar are temporary keepers, not backup keepers. 

The question is why are you stressing on one guy who didn't even have great A tour. Dhoni got in the squad from A team when he first came in. Are we going to have another so called Talent who walks into the team for doing nothing ? If he wants to be in the team he has to perform like pandey did in A tour and now he is part of playing xi. No point blaming others. Ironic how no one points a finger at Kohli I strongly believe he is the captain. So if GOAT and selectors  doesn't rate him he is not good enough at this point. Maybe 2019 or 2020 we ll see.. 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Nope. try again, Dhoni was the best keeper on display in IPL. 

Dhoni has not been outperformed in LOIs, even in list-A cricket. that is the fact.

Ofcourse he is likely to fail against Austraila. A guy sporting 90+ batting average for the year, is up for a low-scoring series. Law of averages says that. to discount it, is irrational.

The onlty thing irrational is your post.

He was flashy as a keeper but did not outperform others.

Dont quote avaerages to me. In cricket they are not done correctly.

Edited by Khota
6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Only the special kind of stupid are those who see a batsman scoring at 90+ average for the year and not expect a failure, law of averages catching up, since 99.999% batsmen don't finish the year averaging 90+.

LOL at calling someone averaging 50+ for career with 80+ strike rate as a perennial failure.

Agenda driven ageist people who want sifarishi young kids in the side at expense of quality are so easy to out. 

If you agree he is going to fail in the Australian series why dont you sit him out. Case solved and you will not be wasting any time.