FINCH INJURED : HandscomB Flown in as Cover

Wapas

Kind of a good news...Finch on pattas can be destructive where as Handscombe is more what we call a "consolidator" in India.

Anyway if Handscombe plays as a keeper and Aussies strengthen their batting/bowling then he can be useful....Matthew Wade must be the most pointless,useless and in worthy player to represent Australia in a secured position

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Kind of a good news...Finch on pattas can be destructive where as Handscombe is more what we call a "consolidator" in India.

Anyway if Handscombe plays as a keeper and Aussies strengthen their batting/bowling then he can be useful....Matthew Wade must be the most pointless,useless and in worthy player to represent Australia in a secured position

Its going to be a interesting series. Bashers vs Consolidators :fencing:

The "presence" gives us the edge though. :p: 

34 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Handscomb is a future star.  Australian batting is looking very good.

In ODIs?  Hardly.  

The overall convict batting lineup - Heavy on hitting potential, but light on class.   That's why they are prone to collapsing.   And lacking on the allrounder front as well, with the Mitch Marsh Project out of commission.    

7 hours ago, maniac said:

agree abt wade.. averaging less than half of our GOAT player

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

In ODIs?  Hardly.  

The overall convict batting lineup - Heavy on hitting potential, but light on class.   That's why they are prone to collapsing.   And lacking on the allrounder front as well, with the Mitch Marsh Project out of commission.    

Wait for the series to start buddy.  U will find the answers.  Warner,Smith,Maxwell,head all are match winning players.  Handscomb is a very fine player who can give solidity to middle order.

Series won't be easy specially playing after Lankans and windies.  Even in champions trophy we beat only one good side.  Indian odi side is highly overrated.

12 hours ago, Nonbeliever said:

Wait for the series to start buddy.  U will find the answers.  Warner,Smith,Maxwell,head all are match winning players.  Handscomb is a very fine player who can give solidity to middle order.

Series won't be easy specially playing after Lankans and windies.  Even in champions trophy we beat only one good side.  Indian odi side is highly overrated.

Handscomb averages 22 in ODIs so far.  List A record is quite pedestrian as well.  He's a quality test bat, but not all of those are able to do well in LOI.  Exhibit A: Rahane.   

Nobody's claiming that this series will be as easy as SL or WI.  And I'm very aware of Indian ODI team's shortcomings.   But none of that means that you have to over-rate an ordinary Aussie ODI unit, that has been very poor away from home recently.  And sure their batting can pile up 400 on their day, but the Maxwells, Warners, Head etc are all likely to get out cheaply playing their high risk games as well.  And their bowling - just like India's - is going to struggle to defend sub-par totals.   If you think that the Maxwells and Warners are going to hit big runs each time every time, then good luck to you.    

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Handscomb averages 22 in ODIs so far.  List A record is quite pedestrian as well.  He's a quality test bat, but not all of those are able to do well in LOI.  Exhibit A: Rahane.   

Nobody's claiming that this series will be as easy as SL or WI.  And I'm very aware of Indian ODI team's shortcomings.   But none of that means that you have to over-rate an ordinary Aussie ODI unit, that has been very poor away from home recently.  And sure their batting can pile up 400 on their day, but the Maxwells, Warners, Head etc are all likely to get out cheaply playing their high risk games as well.  And their bowling - just like India's - is going to struggle to defend sub-par totals.   If you think that the Maxwells and Warners are going to hit big runs each time every time, then good luck to you.    

Did I say that they are a invincible batting unit. All I said their batting is looking very good.  

Who can score in every game,. . U need match winning performances, which player like Warner ,Maxwell are really capable of.  They might fail. But when they fire they win u the game.

Team needs hitters as well as consolidators.  I think solid players like Smith and handscomb can complement players like warner,maxi,head really well.  

Coming to handscomb I rate him very highly whatever I have seen of him.  He has played only 5 odis.  He will prove his worth in this series.  

56 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Did I say that they are a invincible batting unit. All I said their batting is looking very good.  

Who can score in every game,. . U need match winning performances, which player like Warner ,Maxwell are really capable of.  They might fail. But when they fire they win u the game.

Team needs hitters as well as consolidators.  I think solid players like Smith and handscomb can complement players like warner,maxi,head really well.  

Coming to handscomb I rate him very highly whatever I have seen of him.  He has played only 5 odis.  He will prove his worth in this series.  

I actually agree that Aus ODI Battng Unit needs someone like Handscomb, because outside of Smith, the rest are a bit too hit or miss.  

Comparing the 2 batting top orders, you can say that Oz has an edge in hitting power, while the Indian one is definitely more solid.  Rahane in place of Dhawan really takes us down a notch in terms of momentum, but apart from that, especially at home, I'd call it even on the batting front, or at worst 55-45 Oz.   And on the bowling front at least 55-45 in favor of India.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I actually agree that Aus ODI Battng Unit needs someone like Handscomb, because outside of Smith, the rest are a bit too hit or miss.  

Comparing the 2 batting top orders, you can say that Oz has an edge in hitting power, while the Indian one is definitely more solid.  Rahane in place of Dhawan really takes us down a notch in terms of momentum, but apart from that, especially at home, I'd call it even on the batting front, or at worst 55-45 Oz.   And on the bowling front at least 55-45 in favor of India.  

Agree Bowling is weak for Aussies. A fit starc would have made this series the highlight of the year. Looking at recent performance of Lyon I would have played him In odis as well. His numbers are not bad in odis.

2 hours ago, Nonbeliever said:

Agree Bowling is weak for Aussies. A fit starc would have made this series the highlight of the year. Looking at recent performance of Lyon I would have played him In odis as well. His numbers are not bad in odis.

Lyon is quality.  Spinners get treated very unfairly in Australia, unless they catch the public imagination like that fat-ass Warnie.