Dhoni should bat at No. 4 : Gambhir

velu

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Of course. If he is in the team, 4 is best suited to him.

manish , Kedar, KL rahul are far better bats than MSD..how can you suggest MSD to bat ahead of these truly talented batsman...

msd shud not play as he is not among the best 7 batsman in india and there are two to three wicket keeper batsman who are kinda better than him even today ishan kishan and everybody's favourite keeper batsman from delhi...one of these 2 should be played

i am very impressed with bhuvi's batting skills now...surprised he is trying to compete with hardik pandya as an all rounder..

bhuvi always had defence but now he has some really good defence and then has some attacking STROKES too ...

hardik needs to watch as BHUVI is trying to compete with him as he thinks shammi and Umesh are faster bowlers than him and his batting will help him big.

4 may work for him better in his personal interest , but nobodys personal interest is bigger then team and neither is he a match winner like Rohit or kohli anymore 

Dhoni will last till 2019 and its high time we sought our no 4 for future as well , so give pandey and rahul a long go 

Dhoni's reflex will also slow so at 4 in overseas , doesnt give me confidence. 

At 5 , let him work his game out ....all shudnt be easy for him . Let him work it out.

We have to keep patience and its not that he is failing miserably, infact doing decent. 

5 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Agreed also mention that in other thread.His batting style will fit in perfectly there,especially if we loose quick wickets.

But should only happen if kl rahul/manish don't perform,so they need to be given chances first.

Yup if they fail after good amount of chances, dhoni shud go at 4. 

Actually after them we shud try a few more like iyer, pant, hooda ( provided they earn their place)

hopefully someone succed or else team mngmt might go back to yuvi, karthik, rahane

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

manish , Kedar, KL rahul are far better bats than MSD..how can you suggest MSD to bat ahead of these truly talented batsman...

msd shud not play as he is not among the best 7 batsman in india and there are two to three wicket keeper batsman who are kinda better than him even today ishan kishan and everybody's favourite keeper batsman from delhi...one of these 2 should be played

1. For the year (2017), he is 4th in total runs scored 1st in terms of average and 6th in strike rate. By any definition, that puts him in the top 7 batsman for the nation.

2. there is only one keeper in India who is better than Dhoni in some aspects of keeping : Saha. Even then, Saha is not as clean and quick a stumper or ball-collector as Dhoni is (from the outfield). Pant, Kishan, etc. are far, far off Dhoni both in terms of batting performance this year and keeping skills. 

None of these guys are as good as Dhoni in LOIs, so they don't deserve to play ahead of MSD. Simple.

And Gambhir said the most obvious thing- i said this days ago too: the job of a batsman is to do either of the two: accumulate runs, score quick runs. When you combine both, you have a super-dominant batsman. Like Kohli or Warner. When a batsman fails to accumulate but is good for a quickfire 20-25 runs, you drop him down the order for a late innings push. When its the opposite, i.e., a batsman is good at accumulating and not accelerating, you promote him up the order, up to #3/#4 so he can accumulate better. this is basic cricket logic. 

Not drop the guy scoring so much runs because its not being scored fast enough.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

1. For the year (2017), he is 4th in total runs scored 1st in terms of average and 6th in strike rate. By any definition, that puts him in the top 7 batsman for the nation.

2. there is only one keeper in India who is better than Dhoni in some aspects of keeping : Saha. Even then, Saha is not as clean and quick a stumper or ball-collector as Dhoni is (from the outfield). Pant, Kishan, etc. are far, far off Dhoni both in terms of batting performance this year and keeping skills. 

None of these guys are as good as Dhoni in LOIs, so they don't deserve to play ahead of MSD. Simple.

And Gambhir said the most obvious thing- i said this days ago too: the job of a batsman is to do either of the two: accumulate runs, score quick runs. When you combine both, you have a super-dominant batsman. Like Kohli or Warner. When a batsman fails to accumulate but is good for a quickfire 20-25 runs, you drop him down the order for a late innings push. When its the opposite, i.e., a batsman is good at accumulating and not accelerating, you promote him up the order, up to #3/#4 so he can accumulate better. this is basic cricket logic. 

Not drop the guy scoring so much runs because its not being scored fast enough.

@Khota a lot of ur queries are very well answered here.

Apni aankhon se agyaan ki patti utar  ke dekh  murkh balak......

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Nooooo

i mean Nooooooo

Nooooooooo

dhoni coming to bat at 4 means all the momentum gone. You are going to see the scores of 235,251 back. 

And his fans will give excuses, oh we lost 2 batsman at top, he had to play slow. I swear if Dhoni opens the innings, you will hear the same old excuse, " India  can loose quick wickets anytime, that's why Dhoni plays slow". 

Edited by rahulrulezz
7 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Nooooo

i mean Nooooooo

Nooooooooo

dhoni coming to bat at 4 means all the momentum gone. You are going to see the scores of 235,251 back. 

And his fans will give excuses, oh we lost 2 batsman at top, he had to play slow. I swear if Dhoni opens the innings, you will hear the same old excuse, " India  can loose quick wickets anytime, that's why Dhoni plays slow". 

He is scoring at a strike rate of 85 this year...hardly 'momentum sucking'. the simple fact is, you do not drop a batsman who scores at an average of 90, strike rate of 85 and scores more than 40 runs/innings rate. You find a better spot for him than number 6. No if and or buts.