Sign in to follow this  
Gambit

Site Feedback

The new look looks terrific! Easier on the eye, less cluttered and easier to navigate. But I was getting warmed up to the drupal software too :roll: Great light blue background and absolutely no problems with firefox :D

Edited by Laaloo

Re: Site Feedback

The new look looks terrific! Easier on the eye' date=' less cluttered and easier to navigate. But I was getting warmed up to the drupal software too :roll: Great light blue background and absolutely no problems with firefox :D[/quote'] More than anything it is quicker and I don't have to spend time optimizing the database. This software will take care of it all. BTW this was the one we were using in the days of good old OTW :wink:

Re: Site Feedback What would be really good is if when you click in to a topic. There is option at the top to see newest posts first. Thus saving scrolling all the way down on those massive threads. I know there is the option at bottom to se newest topics first but you still have to scroll all the way down to access it

Ravi, the top menu bar " Home ? Topics ? Downloads ? Your Account ? Submit News ? Top 10 " doesn't work but the left one under 'Modules' does. :?
OK will set that right or disable it no worries.

Re: Site Feedback Wooot, we're back to phpbb I see :p Much faster. Now be a nice boy and switch to an even faster punBB and Joomla (hehe juss kidding). Phew, so now I have to work on a theme for this ? :( Some comments : - After i login with my username/password.. the login box on the left still remains. - I know you have a message for not changing the theme, but different themes seem to work fine. - The theme change doesn't affect the Bulletin Board theme - Clicking on "Forums" on top says "this module isn't active" - Is the Downloads section really needed ?

Re: Site Feedback Also on the other site a topic would stay yellow if their was a new post until you actually clicked in to that topic. That made it great as you could tell quickly if a new post had been done and you had not read it. Here the yellow seems to go as sonn as you click in to the cricket forum. Could you not get that aspect going like the other site? great overall though

Re: Site Feedback great job. I like phpBB. Once our Board is thriving ridiculously (as it will be soon) we can work on getting it back to the "portally" feel. The board is the heart and soul though... btw, what's the best way of letting you know about possible issues/changes -- pm or post on this thread?

I don't like those two big spaces on the upper right and left hand side. Perhaps the banner could be stretched out to cover them up ?
Here we go Predator your request has been taken care of :compress:

great job. I like phpBB. Once our Board is thriving ridiculously (as it will be soon) we can work on getting it back to the "portally" feel. The board is the heart and soul though... btw, what's the best way of letting you know about possible issues/changes -- pm or post on this thread?
Cheers Vroom. Let me be honest we had no choice with the upgrade to this system, we had to do it. We were experiencing major performance issues and am sure you must have noticed how quicker these pages are loading now. We can still get the portal feel on this system too. I didn't have time enough to complete everything as I planned but it will be in place very soon the portal look. Stick your issues/changes requests here and we will monitor this one always.

Ravi, the top menu bar " Home ? Topics ? Downloads ? Your Account ? Submit News ? Top 10 " doesn't work but the left one under 'Modules' does. :?
Fixed that too Gambo :salute:

Wooot, we're back to phpbb I see :p Much faster. Now be a nice boy and switch to an even faster punBB and Joomla (hehe juss kidding). Phew, so now I have to work on a theme for this ? :( Some comments : - After i login with my username/password.. the login box on the left still remains. - I know you have a message for not changing the theme, but different themes seem to work fine. - The theme change doesn't affect the Bulletin Board theme - Clicking on "Forums" on top says "this module isn't active" - Is the Downloads section really needed ?
- I will fix that box no worries. - Not all the themes work Varun, if you try some of them you will realize your account will need resetting via mysql :cherry: - Themes are different for forums and the Portal but the current one gells well. - Strange. Where do you find that problem? I'm able to click on the forums fine and get here. - It is needed although not immeidately, we are going to need it in future.

Re: Site Feedback The top banner is too big IMO.. And what's with the border around it ? Need a forums link on the top link bar (along with home/topics.. etc) Home link doesn't do anything.

The top banner is too big IMO.. And what's with the border around it ? Need a forums link on the top link bar (along with home/topics.. etc) Home link doesn't do anything.
Done :clown: Someone said the banner was too short at the top so increased the size. Let's see how it goes. The size is 1024x150

its width is good... its height can be reduced....it is a little overpowering...
Done, that's about it no more changes in future :compress: Just kidding mate

Ravibhai, mera old login gaya -- since I was futzing around with the themes. any chance of resetting the thang?
What was your old login? Vroom.... right? No worries I will reset the old login's theme to the default one. You can then start using the other one too.

Ravibhai, mera old login gaya -- since I was futzing around with the themes. any chance of resetting the thang?
Done, you can now use the Vroom.... one.

Mods... arre bhai log.... i see more mods listed on site than members.. :toothy8: :toothy8: j/k just a suggestion, you guys should also have one female mod.. and Adi did fantastic job with graphics for this site.. i would like to see her as a mod too..

Re: Mods...

arre bhai log.... i see more mods listed on site than members.. :toothy8: :toothy8: j/k just a suggestion, you guys should also have one female mod.. and Adi did fantastic job with graphics for this site.. i would like to see her as a mod too..
All the mods here are just namesake :blackeye: none does anything other than you or me. :cherry: We have so many mods expecting a lot of runs in future and not for current traffic :cheese:

still not workin gambo i think
The best way to do it is type your link with out image tags and then highlight the link then use the button URL just above the editor. That will take care of your link.