Gambit

Site Feedback

With the wc not too long away, I would suggest that only India matches to be stickied in the cricket section. Other matches need not be sticiked and be in the general area

After the wc is over, we could have a thread for a neutral series but not on a match basis. We can have a thread for every India match after the WC and leave other neutral matches to be covered in series threads, It would be better if Eng v Pak ODI and T20 series to be covered in one single thread rather than have one for every match. Reduces clutter. Its just an idea. I leave it up to the site admins and mods

@Cricketics @beetle

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

@Cricketics  @beetle  I posted an article, but it says pending approval. Can you take care of it?  @Moderator

Done, thanks for the article. It is well written. We need to find ways to engage more people to these articles as not many people go to the front page of the website and instead directly come to the forum page where the threads are.

May be we need to link the article from home page to a thread in cricket talk so users can visit there, as people tend to reply more in threads that on the article page. 

45 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Done, thanks for the article. It is well written.

Thanks. :)

We need to find ways to engage more people to these articles as not many people go to the front page of the website and instead directly come to the forum page where the threads are.

May be we need to link the article from home page to a thread in cricket talk so users can visit there, as people tend to reply more in threads that on the article page. 

Agree.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, Cricketics said:

Done, thanks for the article. It is well written. We need to find ways to engage more people to these articles as not many people go to the front page of the website and instead directly come to the forum page where the threads are.

Agree....I rarely go to the home page .

The article should be posted in the cricket forum too for discussion .

You are a regular member of ICF from over 12 years now. You should be at least showing little loyalty to the forum by supporting it by logging in, since the forum must have given you definitely many fun moments, and helped you in some way or the other even if it was to just kill some time in your life.

At least you owe this much, instead of asking to disable such feature. 

27 minutes ago, sage said:

I would like to request read-only be activated as well. My posts deserve to be read by a wider audience

I would like to request to get your head out of your salman.

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

You are a regular member of ICF from over 12 years now. You should be at least showing little loyalty to the forum by supporting it by logging in, since the forum must have given you definitely many fun moments, and helped you in some way or the other even if it was to just kill some time in your life.

At least you owe this much, instead of asking to disable such feature. 

arrre yaar, people sometimes browse this from work and need flexibiity of log in versus not.

Dont take away choices @Cricketics People need to have choice.

13 hours ago, We Bleed Green said:

Admins

Two problems.

Why can't I add new thread

It seems to me that I do not have access to Cricket Talk forum. Why is this?

You need to have 50 good quality posts on this forum before you can start a thread.

'Other Sports' subforum is dead. Won't it be a better idea to discuss other sports/games in chit-chat which is quite active? Just a suggestion, because I am sure many ICFers follow multiple sports but don't participate in the other subforum due to less activity. No major cricket event, at least as far as Indian team is concerned and not sure if the interest level is same. 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:00 PM, Gollum said:

'Other Sports' subforum is dead. Won't it be a better idea to discuss other sports/games in chit-chat which is quite active? Just a suggestion, because I am sure many ICFers follow multiple sports but don't participate in the other subforum due to less activity. No major cricket event, at least as far as Indian team is concerned and not sure if the interest level is same. 

My opinion is let it be. If other sports is merged with Chitchat, threads in other sports will be submerged iwthin the politic, economy, world affairs amd bakistan threads

On 10/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, dial_100 said:

I am gonna call it a quit. 

Posted only to say good bye to Ravi, Rajiv, Gambo few other folks. One of the best places to be. It has been 13 years (Oct 2006). 

Bye all.

Kyun bhai?

Why quitting ?