Sign in to follow this  
Gambit

Site Feedback

Re: Site Feedback I think too many sticky threads on main forum. It's understandable now because site is new and lot of information needs to be shared with posters but down the road, It'd be nice to have only one or two sticky threads (hot topics can be made temp sticky).

Re: Site Feedback Another comment (I hope I am not being too picky) Funny jokes forum can be merged into general discussions thread and other sports should be allowed to discuss on cricket forum (specially during off-season)..

Re: Site Feedback

Another comment (I hope I am not being too picky) Funny jokes forum can be merged into general discussions thread and other sports should be allowed to discuss on cricket forum (specially during off-season)..
Hi Gullu, been a long time . Good to see ya here. We had the funny jokes in the general discussions thread but the topics were so many on the funny ones we had to move it out. I think Rajeev was working on getting rid of some stickies if I'm not wrong.

I liked the old set of icons which indicated new posts. popular threads etc..can we go back to those as the new set isn't very clear ? :cyclopsani:
Good point Shailesh, I don't like it either. I will restore the old ones or will install better ones.

Need bigger fonts when looking at which thread to click in to
Font size increased for the web site. I hope someone doesn't come up and say it's far too big :blackeye:

cheers Ravi..may be a cricket related theme would be nice to have?
Good point S, been a bit busy and not too good at graphics but will see what I can come up with.

Re: Site Feedback Cheers Shailesh, you will need to get to the legend status mate then you get your "MRF Genius" bat in your profile. That is the highest status on this board.

Re: Site Feedback Some great updates Ravi ! The animation which indicates a new/active thread is a fantastic. Nice touch with the cricket bats too !! Which bat do you get when you become a Test player ? I am guessing that comes after ODI cricketer and is the 2nd highest status on this board ? I like my SG :drunken:

Re: Site Feedback Cheers Predator. I thought I was piss poor at graphics and started to put together a cricket theme and guess what I'm not bad after all :bom: The ranks and corresponding are as follows : Club Cricketer - Some Kashmir willow I can't remember the name Under 19 Player - SG Domestic Cricketer - SS International ODI cricketer - RBK International test cricketer - Hero Honda International test cricket captain - Brittania The Legend - MRF Genius All the bats I've choosen are the Indian ones.

Cheers Predator. I thought I was piss poor at graphics and started to put together a cricket theme and guess what I'm not bad after all :bom: The ranks and corresponding are as follows : Club Cricketer - Some Kashmir willow I can't remember the name Under 19 Player - SG Domestic Cricketer - SS International ODI cricketer - RBK International test cricketer - Hero Honda International test cricket captain - Brittania The Legend - MRF Genius All the bats I've choosen are the Indian ones.
Not bad at all m8, not bad at all. I think the club cricketer bat is a Jonex; which is funny, 'cos I never knew that company made cricket bats ! Hero Honda and Britannia don't actually make bats - they are just big stickers pasted over SS and SG's. But it's still a great idea to have them since they are recognisable symbols of Indian cricket.

Re: Site Feedback All the graphics have been taken care of now. The buttons looks a bit big and chuncky I think but we can live with it for now. I will reduce the height of these button tomorrow sometime.

Re: Site Feedback Thanks Veer, it's only been 2 weeks since we put this web site together. After about couple more weeks I will not be required to put in this kind of effort.

Re: Site Feedback Ravi, this look is just fantastic! I vote that we keep this! Apart from a need for some better smilies, this place now looks perfect, if perfection is possible on an internet site.

Re: Site Feedback Glad to know that Dhondy, Aqua. We are going to stick to this one. All I want to do is get setup a four column front page where people don't have to scroll down to read the latest article or news. That it something I'm working on. I've got the cricket theme going and it is very much Indian.

Cheers Predator. I thought I was piss poor at graphics and started to put together a cricket theme and guess what I'm not bad after all :bom: The ranks and corresponding are as follows : Club Cricketer - Some Kashmir willow I can't remember the name Under 19 Player - SG Domestic Cricketer - SS International ODI cricketer - RBK International test cricketer - Hero Honda International test cricket captain - Brittania The Legend - MRF Genius All the bats I've choosen are the Indian ones.
Not bad at all m8, not bad at all. I think the club cricketer bat is a Jonex; which is funny, 'cos I never knew that company made cricket bats ! Hero Honda and Britannia don't actually make bats - they are just big stickers pasted over SS and SG's. But it's still a great idea to have them since they are recognisable symbols of Indian cricket.
I can think of two more (if we want to increase the categories and so reduce the # of milestone posts ;) - BDM and RNS Larsons

Re: Site Feedback That's a great button design Ravi. But why don't you use the rounded-rectangle tool for making them ? Buttons don't really look like buttons if they aren't rounded on the edges. Just a thought.

Re: Site Feedback I can see Ravi's hair turning white overnight! :lol: Give him some leeway, folks. He obviously can't cater to every taste, and will sometimes go for what aesthetically appeals to him best. Some compromise is called for, methinks.

I can think of two more (if we want to increase the categories and so reduce the # of milestone posts ;) - BDM and RNS Larsons
BAS Vampire -- the only bat I ever splurged on. Got fish-plates and a fancy wrap-around grip...and still sucked :wall:

Re: Site Feedback Cheers guys, these buttons are a piece of work from the training Nike T-Shirts. I have used a part of the T-Shirt to create these buttons to ensure these buttons go with the Indian cricket. I can round them up as someone suggested above but will take time. BTW Dhondy, now I've replaced the old smilies with the new ones.

Re: Site Feedback ^ I posted the same suggestion another thread. Also just curious why there are moderators for this

Admin/Mods Only Forums For Admins and Moderators of this site only forum Moderators Dhondy, Bheembhai, rajeev, Rahul, Salil
and none for this
Have a laugh, Funny threads forums Inject a bit of humour, lighten up and enjoy the day.
Stunningly insightful post, that!

Re: Site Feedback Ok admins ....can we have a few smileys added on the posting page 1)a normal smiley 2)a normal sad one 3)a sheepish one 4) a no-no-no finger waving smiley...... now we have to open the "view more Emorticons everytime we need these often used smileys .... If possible.....nahi to it is quite ok even now....