Skipper Kohli has transformed Dhoni’s cricket career: Ganguly

SK_IH

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Its a symbiotic relationship.  Dhoni needs VK to give him a longer rope to try and get his batting in order.   VK needs the quality keeping that Dhoni brings to the table, and importantly, the captaincy guidance that VK most definitely can use.   

He is doing just fine in captaincy department without Dhoni guidance in tests. I don't see what exactly Dhoni has changed or guided Kohli in that department.

We don't want Dhoni's no risk style of captaincy creeping into Kohli's captaincy.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He is doing just fine in captaincy department without Dhoni guidance in tests. I don't see what exactly Dhoni has changed or guided Kohli in that department.

We don't want Dhoni's no risk style of captaincy creeping into Kohli's captaincy.

We need Dhoni give the advice to bring Jadhav into the bowling attack when all other options are exhausted!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

We need Dhoni give the advice to bring Jadhav into the bowling attack when all other options are exhausted!!!!!!!

Its not about getting that option in last, its all about getting the right option in right time. 

Using part timers is also a crucial aspect in LOI captaincy, something were ganguly n dhoni were very strong as compare to Kohli n dravid 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Avg 89 is a misery:giggle:

YEa u miss watching cricket, did u watch SL series

Ohh, in wi series he played one bad inning but he played one good inning as well 

Who cares about the averages? You will average when you can run off to the other end, let him take all the risks, and then hit a few boundaries off of trundlers at the death, and stay not out.

In the last 2 years, the likes of Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Manish Pandey, Dhawan, heck even Axar Patel has a higher strike rate then him. Yuvraj on his deathbed is having more impact innings than Dhoni. Heck Rahane is not even far away from Dhoni in terms of strike rate. Should we get Rahane into middle order? I'm sure he won't block a full toss in the 47th over with 5 wickets remaining so he can stay not out. 

If I show the strike rate for the last year so, you might start crying. Pathetic strike rate for a player that bats that low and doesnt have to take risks. 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its not about getting that option in last, its all about getting the right option in right time. 

Using part timers is also a crucial aspect in LOI captaincy, something were ganguly n dhoni were very strong as compare to Kohli n dravid 

Kya right time? There were armchair experts on ICF clamoring to bring Jadhav in. Dhoni somehow suggests it when its the obvious move, and viola he gets all the credit :rotfl: 

Just now, Laaloo said:

Who cares about the averages? You will average when you can run off to the other end, let him take all the risks, and then hit a few boundaries off of trundlers at the death, and stay not out.

In the last 2 years, the likes of Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Manish Pandey, Dhawan, heck even Axar Patel has a higher strike rate then him. Yuvraj on his deathbed is having more impact innings than Dhoni. Heck Rahane is not even far away from Dhoni in terms of strike rate. Should we get Rahane into middle order? I'm sure he won't block a full toss in the 47th over with 5 wickets remaining so he can stay not out. 

If I show the strike rate for the last year so, you might start crying. Pathetic strike rate for a player that bats that low and doesnt have to take risks. 

Dhoni has a s/r of 85 this yr thats rohit sharma career s/r, i dnt see u crying about that

Yuvraj - he is out of the team 

Axar - how many games has he won u with bat 

Rahane vs dhoni or anyone vs dhoni, the thing ur comparing their top games to his dip and yet he has won u more games this yr 

Since when staying not out is bad, opp cudnt get u out . Are u dumb that u dnt understand that his game n confidence is on low that full tosses are also being missed

The point is he is still contributing then most 

S/r no wonder u said afridi is better then dravid 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It was obv yet it took convincing for our captain, bada hi dheela kaptaan hai yaar 

Yep it's obvious that Dhoni was still in charge. That's why I cant judge kohli as a captain in ODIs until Dhoni is far far away. 

Tests we can because Dhoni is far away and the results have been excellent. 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni has a s/r of 85 this yr thats rohit sharma career s/r, i dnt see u crying about that

Yuvraj - he is out of the team 

Axar - how many games has he won u with bat 

Rahane vs dhoni or anyone vs dhoni, the thing ur comparing their top games to his dip and yet he has won u more games this yr 

Since when staying not out is bad, opp cudnt get u out . Are u dumb that u dnt understand that his game n confidence is on low that full tosses are also being missed

The point is he is still contributing then most 

S/r no wonder u said afridi is better then dravid 

If you have seen my earlier posts, you would see that I'm not a huge fan of Rohit Sharma. Of course yuvraj is out of the team but still if you compare his innings with Dhoni the last two years, Dhoni kahi ka nahi rahega. Axar I put just as an example. Are you really stupid that you cant see that? 

Rahane is crap. It speaks more volumes on Dhoni that even maybe Rahane would be a similar option. :facepalm: 

Why would the oppposition try to get Dhoni out? You're running off to the other and blocking full tosses. Teams would love to keep Dhoni in the middle as possible and only leave a few overs to Jadhav or Pandya to bat. 

Edited by Laaloo
1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Yep it's obvious that Dhoni was still in charge. That's why I cant judge kohli as a captain in ODIs until Dhoni is far far away. 

Tests we can because Dhoni is far away and the results have been excellent. 

Dhoni was a poor test captain. 

Thats kohli's wish whose advice he wants to use of not. Many captains do that , Imran had help from miandad, dhoni from Zak n other seniors. Much better then those times were ex captains were egoistic n then being helpful......cricket is a team game. Dhoni was a brilliant captain of spin bowling and kohli wants to use in it......now an armchair expert who says afridi was a better batsman then dravid will tell kohli how to go about captaincy 

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

If you have seen my earlier posts, you would see that I'm not a huge fan of Rohit Sharma. Of course yuvraj is out of the team but still if you compare his innings with Dhoni the last two years, Dhoni kahi ka nahi rahega. Axar I put just as an example. Are you really stupid that you cant see that? 

Rahane is crap. It speaks more volumes on Dhoni that even maybe Rahane would be a similar option. :facepalm: 

Why would the oppposition try to get you out? You're running off to the other and blocking full tosses. Teams would love to keep Dhoni in the middle as possible and only leave a few overs to Jadhav or Pandya to bat. 

Every player has a bad yr, he avg 27 and if i bring tendulkar test avg in 2003 which was 17 wo to bilkul hi kahin ka nhin rahega . Kohli was avg 36 in 2015

How many bad yrs of dhoni will u find and similarly tendulkar, shows greatest of the players has off time . U better start watching real cricket which involves humans then video games 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni was a poor test captain. 

Thats kohli's wish whose advice he wants to use of not. Many captains do that , Imran had help from miandad, dhoni from Zak n other seniors. Much better then those times were ex captains were egoistic n then being helpful......cricket is a team game. Dhoni was a brilliant captain of spin bowling and kohli wants to use in it......now an armchair expert who says afridi was a better batsman then dravid will tell kohli how to go about captaincy 

Well I'm thankful that kohli has backed his pacers in the subcontinent. It will do wonders on overseas tours where our spinners wont be able to get wickets because they're not rank turners. Dhoni only backed bowlers who would jump from the 24th floor for him. 

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Yea ask any captain in world whom will they have in team , go ahead

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Why would the oppposition try to get Dhoni out? You're running off to the other and blocking full tosses. Teams would love to keep Dhoni in the middle as possible and only leave a few overs to Jadhav or Pandya to bat. 

IF SL wud have gotten him out they might have won the game , so did aus. Yea go ahead keep having him not out