Dirty old Arab men caught in Hyderabad being married to child brides by Qazis in India

coffee_rules

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/dirty-old-men-aged-arab-sheikhs-caught-while-trying-buy-child-brides-hyderabad-68725

None of them indicate how religious laws are being misused for a heinous crime. Agreed that these  things  happen in hindus as well,  for e.g Devadasis,  but these are already outlawed and banned by government, why can't we have similar practices blessed by Islamic laws banned by law? UCC should be passed.

Edited by coffee_rules

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/dirty-old-men-aged-arab-sheikhs-caught-while-trying-buy-child-brides-hyderabad-68725

None of them indicate how religious laws are being misused for a heinous crime. Agreed that these  things  happen in hindus as well,  for e.g Devadasis,  but these are already outlawed and banned by government, why can't we have similar practices blessed by Islamic laws banned by law? UCC should be passed.

wait.. that is permitted by the law? i doubt since they arrested those men..

1 hour ago, veer said:

wait.. that is permitted by the law? i doubt since they arrested those men..

Permitted by religious laws because the marriages happened with the blessings of a Qazi. While child marriages are banned by law, they could use the religious laws to circumvent guilt. I guess, the parents are to be blamed, but they have poverty as the excuse. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You don't have to tread a sensitive line by automatically comparing malpractices or social evils in other religions before criticizing Islam.

How many real life devadasis or women who committed sati do we know or have met in our daily day to day life...where as I have met a tailor who was a Muslim guy with atleast minimum 2 wives...one of them clearly much younger than him.

I have not seen animal sacrifice or bali live  ever however almost every year I saw a goat having its throat slit and laid to bleed to death.

If i go to temple it is either on a weekend or if I really have to go due to some religious or cultural commitment,it's on my own dime and time off...I don't skip important meetings or company time or money to get in my "prayers"

there are more extreme examples or comparisons but since I haven't faced them or seen them I will skip it.

not pointing towards you but it is a pet peeve of mine when before pointing out the absolutely visible flaws in a religion which consists of either delusional fanatics or "apologist liberals" which currently is fking up the society one brings in events that existed consistently in ither religions from 200-300+ Years ago like crusades,untouchability etc to even the playing field. 

rant over

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

You don't have to tread a sensitive line by automatically comparing malpractices or social evils in other religions before criticizing Islam.

How many real life devadasis or women who committed sati do we know or have met in our daily day to day life...where as I have met a tailor who was a Muslim guy with atleast minimum 2 wives...one of them clearly much younger than him.

I have not seen animal sacrifice or bali live  ever however almost every year I saw a goat having its throat slit and laid to bleed to death.

If i go to temple it is either on a weekend or if I really have to go due to some religious or cultural commitment,it's on my own dime and time off...I don't skip important meetings or company time or money to get in my "prayers"

there are more extreme examples or comparisons but since I haven't faced them or seen them I will skip it.

not pointing towards you but it is a pet peeve of mine when before pointing out the absolutely visible flaws in a religion which consists of either delusional fanatics or "apologist liberals" which currently is fking up the society one brings in events that existed consistently in ither religions from 200-300+ Years ago like crusades,untouchability etc to even the playing field. 

rant over

I was pointing to the line what Liberandus say.

- Ban Triple Talaq, so big deal we have to address child marriage, abandonned wives as well.

- Islam discriminates  women/hijab/burqa etc , so what, even some Hindu temples don't allow women!

Devadasis system, also has a similar religious pretext, they are married to god by birth, but eventually  they are mistresses of village heads, priests etc., is banned by law.