Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar are best death bowlers around: Steve Smith

New guy

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/australia-in-india/jasprit-bumrah-bhuvneshwar-kumar-are-best-death-bowlers-around-steve-smith/articleshow/60824329.cms

Also, some pretty well executed bowling. I think Bumrah and Bhuvi are probably two of the best death bowlers going around, particularly when the wicket sort of slows up a little bit as it did," a dejected Smith said after the match.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Shami and Bhuvi to open the bowling. Save Bhuvi for death overs. Finish Shamis quota in the middle and bring in Bumrah to bowl. Let him and Bhuvi finish off the overs. Pandya and a spinner and Shami can bowl the middle overs. 

That's a damn good bowling attack.

two leggies seem a better option than an extra seamer 

Just now, Forever Indian said:

Will really depend on where we play. Outside subcontinent we need the extra seamer for sure as we saw in CT where we solely missed another wicket taking seamer like Shami.

on the contrary i believe two leggies is one of the most attacking options on any surface ,anywhere in the world.in champions trophy more than a seamer we missed a competent attacking spinner,because our spinners were hell bent on bowling defensively throughout the tournament 

obviously if its a green track then its a different story

19 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

two leggies seem a better option than an extra seamer 

The reason I included Shami is because we still need an attacking option upfront. We didnt pick up wickets yesterday and thankful Aus werent able to score 340. The reason I said only one spinner is because we cant drop Pandya. Shami can get early wickets and Bhuvi and bumrah can strangle the opposition at the end. And then you have a spinner and Pandya to keep things tight/get wickets in the middle.

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

on the contrary i believe two leggies is one of the most attacking options on any surface ,anywhere in the world.in champions trophy more than a seamer we missed a competent attacking spinner,because our spinners were hell bent on bowling defensively throughout the tournament 

obviously if its a green track then its a different story

Pakistanis play spinners much better than Fast bowlers.And Shami would have won us that match.

11 hours ago, Laaloo said:

The reason I included Shami is because we still need an attacking option upfront. We didnt pick up wickets yesterday and thankful Aus werent able to score 340. The reason I said only one spinner is because we cant drop Pandya. Shami can get early wickets and Bhuvi and bumrah can strangle the opposition at the end. And then you have a spinner and Pandya to keep things tight/get wickets in the middle.

I am hugely impressed with Pandya's growth as a bowler but to expect him to keep it tight or take wickets in the middle overs is asking for too much

5 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Pakistanis play spinners much better than Fast bowlers.And Shami would have won us that match.

yes i dont refute the fact that player 3 seamers plus all rounder agnst Pak would have been a better choice but it was not the case that it was the reason why we lost,spinners' appaling performance in the middle overs was one of major reasons for the defeat

Edited by SK_IH
1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

I am hugely impressed with pandya's growth as a bowler but to expect him to keep it tight or take wickets in the middle overs is asking for too muche reason why we lost,spinners' appaling performance in the middle overs was one of major reasons for the defeat

Spinners lost us the Champions trophy finals. Two of the three pacers bowled good. Only bumrah had an off day.