Can Washington Sundar be our version of Moeen Ali in LOIs?

ShebbySB

On 9/26/2017 at 1:36 PM, express bowling said:

Don't know about comparisons but 17 year old fast-bowler,Nagarkoti , is doing really well playing with big boys too .....and touching 90 mph.

Shaw, Nagarkoti and Sundar .... all good prospects at 17

Yes, and there are some at 18-20 who are very good too. Gill has done well in U-19, as has Chahar (I really like the latter's amount of turn).

On 9/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, Pollack said:

Mooen can easily play as a batsman in place of Kedar. Seriously, people under rate him a lot on this forum. He is a very good batsman.

No he can't. Ali had a sub-30 avg until recently despite playing on Eng ODI tracks that are now amongst the flattest in the world.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:46 AM, ShebbySB said:

We need a 6th bowling option in LOIs specially in ODIs.Bumrah,BK,Chahal and Kuldeep are doing a good job.Hardik is a

capable all-rounder but there will be a bad day for a bowler or him and we don't have anyone to cover that up.That's why

having a 6th bowling option is imp.A batting allrounder who can hit the ball and can give you at least 6-7 decent overs.

Kedar has done well so far but considering him as the 6th option is a joke.Sundar or Krunal can do that job at 6.

First XI: Dhawan,Rohit,Kohli(c),Manish,Dhoni(Wk),Sundar/Krunal,Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Bumrah,Chahal.

Reserves: Rahul/Rahane,Kedar,Axar,Shami.

Balance of this steam will be immense.Hope Sundar or Krunal find their feet at intl cricket soon.That'll make the balance of

the team even better.

I think Mo Ali and Sundar are very different. I dont think Sundar is as aggressive a bat as Ali, since he seems more organized. Similarly, Ali was a batsman who began to bowl in the middle of his career whereas Sundar has been getting an extended bowl since a younger age.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

I think Mo Ali and Sundar are very different. I dont think Sundar is as aggressive a bat as Ali, since he seems more organized. Similarly, Ali was a batsman who began to bowl in the middle of his career whereas Sundar has been getting an extended bowl since a younger age.

That is as of now when he is just 17.  He is a big lad and powerful. Just watch his recent games . Plays down the ground very well .

Big hits .  That means core of batting is there  i.e good defence, power game to hit the down the ground.

But not seen pull / cut much .  not that much attacking against pace as against spin as of now. 

But thats where i am assuming he will improve his batting in next 15-18 months a will be good addition at no.6/7  in 2 years time 

37 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

That is as of now when he is just 17.  He is a big lad and powerful. Just watch his recent games . Plays down the ground very well .

Big hits .  That means core of batting is there  i.e good defence, power game to hit the down the ground.

But not seen pull / cut much .  not that much attacking against pace as against spin as of now. 

But thats where i am assuming he will improve his batting in next 15-18 months a will be good addition at no.6/7  in 2 years time 

There is certainly good defence, but I don't yet see a power game there.

4 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

For now Krunal is ahead of Sundar for that spot but Sundar is only 17.Hope he grows into a gem of a player in near future.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

There is certainly good defence, but I don't yet see a power game there.

I said  Pwer game to hit down the ground  ...  as of now 

14 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

For now Krunal is ahead of Sundar for that spot but Sundar is only 17.Hope he grows into a gem of a player in near future.

I don't think they are similar players though. Krunal Pandya is probably not on the same batting level as Ali (who has Test centuries and many FC knocks) but their bowling could be comparable.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I don't think they are similar players though. Krunal Pandya is probably not on the same batting level as Ali (who has Test centuries and many FC knocks) but their bowling could be comparable.

Krunal in LOIs is a dangerous hitter.I think he'll come out in flying colours if he gets his chance.

2 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Krunal in LOIs is a dangerous hitter.I think he'll come out in flying colours if he gets his chance.

let's hope so. it's finally nice to see most players in middle order (apart from Dhoni) having sr's of 95+ (like pandey, jadhav, hardik)