Which cricketers have you met in real life?

Trichromatic

MS Dhoni back in 2006-07 when he came to visit his school. He had just became popular with that vizag knock against Pak and good ODI series against Eng at home.

Missed Bhajji when he was in our stands during Ind-Pak group match of CT 17.

I was really hoping to meet Kohli during that Indian cricket team jersey launch event, but no one showed up. :(

I met most of the Ind and Pak cricketers in that 2005 tour when they came to play the ODI in Vizag. My friend's dad was in charge of catering and hence some of us were allowed to meet the players after the match for 5-10 minutes. I met Dada, Sehwag, Dravid, Kaif, Balaji, Bhajji, Inzi, Razzaq, Akhtar, Kaneria, Butt, Sami, Rana Naved, etc. I missed out on meeting the GOAT who didn't make an appearance there. But with these guys I was within touching distance and shook hands with a few of them. 

I have seen many players from a far distance but if you talk about really meeting/chatting etc here are a few others:

Robin Singh (in Dum Dum airport)

Utpal Chatterjee, Ashok Malhotra, Arun Lal, Ranadeb Bose, Sourashish Lahiri, Laxmi Ratan Shuckla, Saba Karim, Shib Sagar Singh ....in a CAB camp in Eden. I even got a chance to bowl at a few Ranji players as a net bowler alongside Shib Sagar and Sourashish. 

Two of my friends who were in that camp that day ( we all were from the same coaching institute) are in Bengal's Ranji team today: Sayan Sekhar Mondal and Rohan Banerjee. 

Gujarats ranji trophy keeper Amit Shroff, he also open selected in west zone vs Touring England test team.Amit was second keeper during Indian school cricket tour to England.TEST KEEPER bharat Reddy was first keeper.

amit settle in Chicago,USA now,I met him in Ahmedabad, he used to leaves nearby our society in maninagar,ahmedabad.

Axar patel otherone I know but not talks with him,say hello only who leaves cross the streets from my uncles house in Nadiad 

kheda jillas,Gujarat state.

once  the IPL starts he spends more time in Punjab, I think Laaloo  met someone while she was working as part time at Jersey city airport.

Met a bunch of them when I was in Barbados for the 2010 T20 World Cup.  Malinga, Watson, Jadeja.   I talked a lot of trash at Watson during his catching warm-up befor the India-Oz game, I was less than 10 ft away from him in the stands.   He was actually nice about it.   Realized then, that maybe he's not the arrogant twat that he looks like.  Also ran into Gavaskar, Rameez and Sanjay at the market in Barbados.  I knew Gavaskar was short, but didn't realize that Rameez and Sanjay are barely an inch or so taller than him.  

Raina, Virat, Harbhajan, Rohit, Ishant, Shikhar, Parthiv, Ashwin, Darren Sammy, Dwayne Bravo - met these guys in Trinidad in a hotel lobby - was staying at the same hotel where Indian team was staying.    Raina and Sammy were the nicest of the bunch.  Harbhajan was a bit rude, but I don't blame him - some of the Indian fans mobbing the players are very chipku and shameless.   This will make @maniac happy - I had high hopes for Tailunt back then, & told him he was a class bat - he was very appreciative on hearing that from a random fan.   Duncan Fletcher was the coach back then, I told him that I will see him in London for the England test series, and will buy him a drink if we won it - he gave me an odd look and said 'you're on'.   Of course, we ended up losing 4-0 in that series, so no free daaru for the old fatso.  

I've met the Pathan brothers in their home in Baroda - it was still under construction then - my uncle is local and knows a guy who was their coach back when they were kids.    

Had dinner with Imran Khan, when I was young. Have met Ramiz Raja, Kapil Dev, Maninder Singh, Saba Karim ( he is my school super super senior, and my close friend's cousin). Met Sreesanth in KOshy's and also Varun Aaron. Met and chatted with Arjuna Ranatunga, Jayasuriya, Heath Streak, paul Strang, Alistair Campbell, Odoyo brothers,Anil Kumble etc ...

Oldies: Srikkanth, Venkataraghavan.

Recents:  Pretty much the entire Indian team that toured the WI in 2014.  Was vacationing in Kingston with the family to watch Ind-SL match.  Stayed in the same hotel (sheer luck); shook hands with pretty much everyone during breakfast.  Talked a bit to Dhoni, Vinay Kumar (in Kannada), Ashwin, DK, Herath, Jayawardene and Darren Sammy (who was just hanging out at the hotel, it seemed).  Darren Sammy, Dhoni and Jayawardene were the most personable.  

We got our butts handed to us by SL that day.  

Edited by Brainfade

I have played tennis ball cricket with kumble,Syed kirmani and Javagal Srinath when I was in Grade 10.

All three had come down to my school as part of an inspection of the ground that KSCA was funding inside our school(kumble was KSCA president back then). They saw us playing in the corner with tennis ball and then they joined us. Most of it was Javagal v Kumble(Javagal batting) but we all got to face kumble at least once.  Syed kirmani wasn't that sportive and he just kept,even that was after kumble and Srinath forced him to come along.

Great memories those.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

What does met mean - shook hands, took pictures etc or just saw them at a close distance.

If former only one, even forgot his name.

If later sooo many.

Yes, seeing at close distance happens frequently. Meeting means, you talk to them or shake hands or they acknowledge your presence.

I recently met Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne, we were in the same elevator. This was in New Yok when they came here to play in Sachin vs Warne series 2 years ago. In the same hotel I also met Sehwag, Sanga, Wasim, Murali, Ponting etc.

But truly the best moment was meeting Tendulkar. It was also very movie like moment as I reached hotel as soon as the game got over in the citi field and I knew his floor where his roon was through my league, so I pressed that floor number and when the elevator opened, Tendulkar was inside the elevator trying to reach to his floor. I was shocked and did not know how to react. But I also noticrd Tendulkar was shocked seeing a guy in Indian shirt holding his book. I promised him that I will not follow him to his room. I took a picture and he signed my book. Tendulkar left for his room and as promised, I took the elevator back down to the lobby(I ended up finding Donald and Pollock there).

Meeting Tendulkar will always remain special.

Have met Tendulkar, have met Federer, now only want to meet Dravid in person.