Jump to content
OpeningBatsman

INDIA vs AUSTRALIA | 4th ODI | Bengaluru | Sep 28 2017

Recommended Posts

I think the biggest reason for our loss today is that we lost wkts of key players at the time when they were set and ready to launch an assault ,be it pandya,rohit or Pandey .

India were flat from the start That,next game we'll see more fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is as good a loss as it gets. Exposes our over dependence on Tailunt, VK, and Pandya to provide the thump. In hind sight, Rahane's innings was key. He hogged the strike in the power play on a flat track, and didn't even score a run a ball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Not Dhoni's fault. It was a poor decision to send Dhoni so late in the order...he no onger has those finishing skills.

He didn't even had the time to settle for a few balls. He punished both the bad balls which Jadhav would have wasted. He should have come up the order. Bad call by Kohli. Also,we gave away 28 in last 2 overs. Whose bright idea was it to drop BOTH the death bowlers !!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Has it ever been?

Explain me how it was Dhoni's fault today? When he came onto bat the required rate was touching 9.5. He tried to hit and missed a few...hit 1 four and six as well and then got out. 

 

When was the last time Kohli chased anything meaningful against quality attacks? Why did Pandey or Jadhav didnt finish the game?

 

But but all Dhoni's fault...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Explain me how it was Dhoni's fault today? When he came onto bat the required rate was touching 9.5. He tried to hit and missed a few...hit 1 four and six as well and then got out. 

 

When was the last time Kohli chased anything meaningful against quality attacks? Why did Pandey or Jadhav didnt finish the game?

 

But but all Dhoni's fault...LOL

Point 1.Ok firstly no one said Dhoni is the match ka mujrim.

 

Point 2-People were pointing out the hype that he can come in and finish any kind of games and in any kind of situations...the kind of myth and aura his fans build around him.

 

Technically the match was not out of reach when he got in but yes it was a little steep...but see

point 2

 

Dhoni is known to always have a plan but today he was swinging like a headless chicken and looking like a hack which was funny in a sad way.

 

Dhoni proved the point that he can finish games that are already over but not games that are almost impossible to win...that is not a

criticism because some times you need someone to ensure the finishing touches are fine too which he has done well but he is not a finisher on whom you can rely on a challenging situation...that's the point people

always try to make.

 

Now since he is not performing,it is time for him to retire.

 

is that simple enough ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is as good a loss as it gets. Exposes our over dependence on Tailunt, VK, and Pandya to provide the thump. In hind sight, Rahane's innings was key. He hogged the strike in the power play on a flat track, and didn't even score a run a ball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rahane couldn't even come up with a useful cameo in a big chase. His strike rate today is a dishrace. This should be the end of the line for him in LOI cricket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Point 1.Ok firstly no one said Dhoni is the match ka mujrim.

 

Point 2-People were pointing out the hype that he can come in and finish any kind of games and in any kind of situations...the kind of myth and aura his fans build around him.

 

Technically the match was not out of reach when he got in but yes it was a little steep...but see

point 2

 

Dhoni is known to always have a plan but today he was swinging like a headless chicken and looking like a hack which was funny in a sad way.

 

Dhoni proved the point that he can finish games that are already over but not games that are almost impossible to win...that is not a

criticism because some times you need someone to ensure the finishing touches are fine too which he has done well but he is not a finisher on whom you can rely on a challenging situation...that's the point people

always try to make.

 

Now since he is not performing,it is time for him to retire.

 

is that simple enough ?

Its not that. The reason he was swinging blindly today coz that was the need of the hour. Had Pandey didnt got out...Dhoni would have rotated the strike more. But with RR of 10 and a batsman of Aksar Patel's stature on other end...he had to go.

 

Hence I said....it was a poor decision to send Dhoni so late. Even we Dhoni fans agree that he has lost big hitting skills. He is more of a grinder these days and fits perfectly in no.5. It was pretty evident in SL series....Dhoni is more suited in upper middle order. Pandya and Jadhav should play finisher role.

 

We lost when we messed the batting line up after that great start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

A very weird chase, don't y'all think. Usually the chase goes on and they go all out hitting.  Here they (jadoo and pandus) kept blocking and let the rrr skip from 7 to 9.5. Did the pitch become difficult to score all of a sudden?

richardson and cummins bowled really well in the end and pandyas wkt was the game changer,he really wanted to compensate for the over jadhav wasted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Its not that. The reason he was swinging blindly today coz that was the need of the hour. Had Pandey didnt got out...Dhoni would have rotated the strike more. But with RR of 10 and a batsman of Aksar Patel's stature on other end...he had to go.

 

Hence I said....it was a poor decision to send Dhoni so late. Even we Dhoni fans agree that he has lost big hitting skills. He is more of a grinder these days and fits perfectly in no.5. It was pretty evident in SL series....Dhoni is more suited in upper middle order. Pandya and Jadhav should play finisher role.

 

We lost when we messed the batting line up after that great start. 

See that is the problem

right there...if there was a well set batsman at the other end...he will find boundaries without risk regardless and take singles...as a no.7 Dhoni should be taking all the risks...not rotating the strike...the concept itself you have it all

wrong...had it not been Dhoni or someone else you would be agreeing with me here.

 

you play around a set batsman when there is a collapse or when situation needs to be stabilized...not when chasing 335

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, maniac said:

See that is the problem

right there...if there was a well set batsman at the other end...he will find boundaries without risk regardless and take singles...as a no.7 Dhoni should be taking all the risks...not rotating the strike...the concept itself you have it all

wrong...had it not been Dhoni or someone else you would be agreeing with me here.

 

you play around a set batsman when there is a collapse or when situation needs to be stabilized...not when chasing 335

But isnt that basic cricket? That a set batsman go for big hits and the new batsman's job is to rotate strike and put the set batsman in as much as possible? :hmmm:

 

Had Dhoni been sent at 4 and was batting at 80s and still doing tuk tuk in 48th over...that would hv been an issue. 

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Point 1.Ok firstly no one said Dhoni is the match ka mujrim.

 

Point 2-People were pointing out the hype that he can come in and finish any kind of games and in any kind of situations...the kind of myth and aura his fans build around him.

 

Technically the match was not out of reach when he got in but yes it was a little steep...but see

point 2

 

Dhoni is known to always have a plan but today he was swinging like a headless chicken and looking like a hack which was funny in a sad way.

 

Dhoni proved the point that he can finish games that are already over but not games that are almost impossible to win...that is not a

criticism because some times you need someone to ensure the finishing touches are fine too which he has done well but he is not a finisher on whom you can rely on a challenging situation...that's the point people

always try to make.

 

Now since he is not performing,it is time for him to retire.

 

is that simple enough ?

I think his career is testament to this. Never been a great chaser of 300+ totals even when the platform has been set in the past. He still brings value to the team no doubt, but 300+ chases have never been his forte.  TBF to MS though, he has no business batting any lower than 5 these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Not Dhoni's fault. It was a poor decision to send Dhoni so late in the order...he no onger has those finishing skills.

He never had those skills if by finishing skills you mean single handedly finishing matches.He feeds of batsman like Yuvraj, Raina, Kohli or just about any stroke maker for Required rate reduction. Once that is done and match is much winnable he takes a few calculated risk and increase his SR. By this time those batsman who did the hard work of reducing Req RR gets out while one of those risk shots. And dhoni hits the winning six. This is career of finisher in nutshell.

 

Had any of Kedar or Pandya stuck around you would have seen a dhoni classic even today. Nothing to do with batting order.

Edited by Pollack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×