Asim

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - Test Series - UAE 2017

2nd Test : Predict the Result  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2nd Test : PAK v SL(UAE 2017)

I am Glad ICF members not disturb you in opening up the thread of Abu Dhabi tests.I feel sorry for Usman bhai Salauddin who deserves more with 47 average in FC than Harris sohail for début.Fast bowler M.Abbas also début.

Karunaratne 32 n.o

SL 61 for 3 at Lunch

Yasir shah 2 wickets

(151 test wickets now)

5 hours ago, Wapas said:

I am Glad ICF members not disturb you in opening up the thread of Abu Dhabi tests.I feel sorry for Usman bhai Salauddin who deserves more with 47 average in FC than Harris sohail for début.Fast bowler M.Abbas also début.

Karunaratne 32 n.o

SL 61 for 3 at Lunch

Yasir shah 2 wickets

(151 test wickets now)

They did great to include Haris... Glad Sami also back... Shan is a "?"

Abbas had a full WI series

Good comeback by SL from the terrible start they had.  I think Pak miscalculated by either underestimating the SL batting, or overestimating their bowling on a dead track like this.  They didn't want to go with a track that helped spin because SL would handle spin better than their young Pak counterparts.   Now if SL bowl consistently and get a bit of luck, a slight wobble at the top order could open things up for a SL win.   Unlikely though, given the nature of the track.  But then again, ineptness is something that Pak batting is well capable of.  

I predicted that the Windies would give Pak a hard time when they played in UAE, right after losing their home series to India.  And sure enough, Windies won a test in UAE, and came within 40 odd runs of winning the series.  And SL are about to do the same - playing against a strong opposition makes you better, and then you are more competitive against a relatively weaker opponent.  

Pakistan is lucky that India-Pak series are not happening right now.  A test series would be a one-sided beatdown, barely a bit more competitive than the India-SL series that we just saw.

Just now, Imtiaz said:

Ask rohit sharma and co

:cheer: pak bowlers are medium pace man more like Kohli in pace..lol at least thats how it looks in recent test matches..strength and physique issue i think, because of generations of malnourishment may be, your team would have to address this serious shortfall.. #paktrundlers #concernedfan

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

:cheer: pak bowlers are medium pace man more like Kohli in pace..lol at least thats how it looks in recent test matches..strength and physique issue i think, because of generations of malnourishment may be, your team would have to address this serious shortfall.. #paktrundlers #concernedfan

Yes You are right .We desperately have to unearth few bhumrah and bhuvis or may be kohlis as you mentioned.haha

#CTAsskicking

Edited by Imtiaz

1 minute ago, Imtiaz said:

Yes You are right .We desperately have to unearth few bhumrah and bhuvis or may be kohlis as you mentioned.haha

#CTAsskicking

hehe...i just showed you the recent test performances man, tests are not like come in and bowl cute 4 over spells that you see in LOI, you need real physical ability. but why do you think pak bowlers trundle ? is it genetic? i guess so.

13 minutes ago, Imtiaz said:

#CTAsskicking

bumrah had avg of 20.7 in odi ,amir avg is 27.45    bumrah bowled well in ct final ..see first first spell fakhar edged him more than 5 times all went past slip or no-ball...check ur facts

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

hehe...i just showed you the recent test performances man, tests are not like come in and bowl cute 4 over spells that you see in LOI, you need real physical ability. but why do you think pak bowlers trundle ? is it genetic? i guess so.

Im not sure if you are confusing effectiveness with speed because Amir, hassan, wahab can all bowl at 140 plus though they havent been very penetrating in this test so far and mind you pitch is as lifeless as it could be.

3 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

bumrah had avg of 20.7 in odi ,amir avg is 27.45    bumrah bowled well in ct final ..see first first spell fakhar edged him more than 5 times all went past slip or no-ball...check ur facts

Hahah lmao bumrah bowled better than a guy who tore apart your top order in moments literally.

3 minutes ago, Imtiaz said:

Hahah lmao bumrah bowled better than a guy who tore apart your top order in moments literally.

you are just plain stupid.... one good spell does not reflect career ...the stats for whole career show that bumrah is better......amir is just hyped by the Pakistanis thats all.....hassan ali is much better than amir

5 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

you are just plain stupid.... one good spell does not reflect career ...the stats for whole career show that bumrah is better......amir is just hyped by the Pakistanis thats all.....hassan ali is much better than amir

If im stupid not sure then what are you becoz you jump the gun without even reading my comment.i was responding to someone's comment on ct final's spell, and it was never about any overall comparison.

5 hours ago, Imtiaz said:

Im not sure if you are confusing effectiveness with speed because Amir, hassan, wahab can all bowl at 140 plus though they havent been very penetrating in this test so far and mind you pitch is as lifeless as it could be.

Dude lol they are trundling at 130.u need to be quick through the air and hit the deck its not that pitches in sl were speed demons. Its clear in terms of pure pace current pak squad is slower than Indian one. Tests are the format that seperates them clearly as in loi anyone with control can go all out and match that natural pace of certain bowlers.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

Dude lol they are trundling at 130.u need to be quick through the air and hit the deck its not that pitches in sl were speed demons. Its clear in terms of pure pace current pak squad is slower than Indian one. Tests are the format that seperates them clearly as in loi anyone with control can go all out and match that natural pace of certain bowlers.

Chlo bhai maan lia Your Shami and Umesh are new holding and marshall but the decrease in pace of Pak pacers is due to the burden of playing only 4 proper bowlers which hold them back from going all out and not to forget these UAE pitches are easily the world's most lifeless pitches.

2 hours ago, Imtiaz said:

Chlo bhai maan lia Your Shami and Umesh are new holding and marshall but the decrease in pace of Pak pacers is due to the burden of playing only 4 proper bowlers which hold them back from going all out and not to forget these UAE pitches are easily the world's most lifeless pitches.

Bhai they probably dont have Holding Marshals control ( umesh does not for sure) but the only point i am making is their sustained pace has to be noted and appretiated it made the diff in flatbeds this summer in India as every first spell fetched wickets and Hardik did not relent either and only ones who out paced them are Starc and Cummins in different tests alone and Hazelwood did not in same tests.

40 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Bhai they probably dont have Holding Marshals control ( umesh does not for sure) but the only point i am making is their sustained pace has to be noted and appretiated it made the diff in flatbeds this summer in India as every first spell fetched wickets and Hardik did not relent either and only ones who out paced them are Starc and Cummins in different tests alone and Hazelwood did not in same tests.

There is no denying that UY can bowl  fast and somewhat consistently too.he looked massively improved bowler also in your home season. But the thing im trying to state the amount of overs have direct impact on your avg pace and in their case it was your spinners who did bowling for sessions literally unlike ours in ongoing test.And regarding Amir he has been blow par and he hasnt lived up to expectations in tests since his return but labelling him trundler is too harsh.

21 hours ago, Asim said:

Bowling speed does NEVER matter, as long as nobody from ind can bowl at decent pace OR anyone from Pak can...

Well thats because most pakistani fans are too quick too point out how their bowlers are fast and indian bowlers are trundlers,that might have been true in the past but now its a just a joke if anyone says that.

3 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Pakistan should give up test status if they cant even win against this srilankan side which is playing away from home.

Right! Lets do it after match... 

During match actually munasib nahi lgta...

Edited by Asim

1 hour ago, Asim said:

Right! Lets do it after match... 

During match actually munasib nahi lgta...

Munasib to bahut kuch nahi hota par log karte hain....india jab inko dho rahi thi to sab ro rahe the ki useless minnow team ko harane me kya badi baat and ab khud harayi nahi jaa rahi.....:giggle:

4 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Munasib to bahut kuch nahi hota par log karte hain....india jab inko dho rahi thi to sab ro rahe the ki useless minnow team ko harane me kya badi baat and ab khud harayi nahi jaa rahi.....:giggle:

Haran dengy bhaiya apko itni tension ku. Ak adha din idhar udhar hojata hy yar

5 hours ago, SK_IH said:

losing wickets to shafiq and haris sohail rofl

For SL, they are the new Ash-Jaddu... Lankans have forgotten what spin is, and how to play it, for the most part. There are a few exceptional innings (like Mendis/Chandimal in the past 1-2 yrs) but for the most part this is the trend.

SL needs 60-70 runs from somewhere to save the game. Anything less than that and Pakistan can secure a win despite the pitch condition.

Lead of 160-170 with 50 overs left can be really difficult for Pakistan. Scoring quickly hasn't been easy and they will have to decide whether to go for win or draw. That's where Herath "the destroyer" will come into the picture.

Guest, sign in to access all features.