Jump to content
Asim

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - Test Series - UAE 2017

2nd Test : Predict the Result  

60 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the 2nd Test : PAK v SL(UAE 2017)



Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sweeping Sl that too at their home all of sudden does not seem so inconsequential and insignificant as some people suggested here.

 

Kohli's captaincy was relentless and that is why Indians made it look easy.

Don't think Kohli's captaincy was particularly great. We were just too strong a team, man for man. No.1 team against no.7 team was always expected to end up like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Pakistani have a long batting lineup but yet prone to collapses,they are carrying lots of passengers in the team.

that's because very few avg >40 with Mis-You (misbah younis) gone. Only Azhar Ali and maybe Sarfaraz I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Srl have  a decent team but this domination in uae is a bit puzzling  after  they got hammered by us and even zimboks ran them close in that test.pakistan side is really at it's rock bottom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

What idiotic commentary going on. When chandimal's wife was on screen, this is what the SL commentator had to say - Thats chandimal's wife... Oohh, she has got a toy!!!

what toy are we talking about?

Those jokers are just trying to create some excitement in an otherwise dull match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What idiotic commentary going on. When chandimal's wife was on screen, this is what the SL commentator had to say - Thats chandimal's wife... Oohh, she has got a toy!!!
what toy are we talking about?


Can’t get any worse than Indian commentators tbh..apart from Harsha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

 


Can’t get any worse than Indian commentators tbh..apart from Harsha.

Its difficult for Pakistanis to understand English, but try listening to Indian commentators next time. If you have any understanding of English, you will know that there's a huge gap between the quality of Indian commentators and Pakistanis. The worst Indian commentator is about 10 times better than the best Pakistani commentator ( its an oxymoron, the best Pakistani commentator ie).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

@SecondSlip- bro when u put umesh n wahab in same category u have no idea what ur saying

Dunnu what does his runup has to do with kashmir and that joke is pretty stale now .

 

 

Btw but 5 attempts to bowl a ball ....This is weird as hell never seen anyone doing that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What idiotic commentary going on. When chandimal's wife was on screen, this is what the SL commentator had to say - Thats chandimal's wife... Oohh, she has got a toy!!!

what toy are we talking about?

chandimal is busy for long 5 days....thats why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

@SecondSlip- bro when u put umesh n wahab in same category u have no idea what ur saying

RAvinder Jadeja needs to quit talking politics. He is being disrectful to a fellow cricketer. This is below the belt and pretty crass. I can't support such comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stuge said:

Dunnu what does his runup has to do with kashmir and that joke is pretty stale now 

Agreed

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

RAvinder Jadeja needs to quit talking politics. He is being disrectful to a fellow cricketer. This is below the belt and pretty crass. I can't support such comments

Thats not jadeja himself, its a parody account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

SL 96 all out. 300 is too much for Pak. Herath will likely destroy Pak batting.

Good stuff from your team buddy! Like the spirit. This is what test cricket is about. Win or lose, they gave their fans something to cheer about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Don't think Kohli's captaincy was particularly great. We were just too strong a team, man for man. No.1 team against no.7 team was always expected to end up like that. 

Man to man we were stronger in many series with many other captains but we never did 9-0 on anybody that too away.Kohli's captaincy should never be judged on Xs and Os but the impact he creates on others by being relentless. He is first Indian captain who wants to win every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, Kohli looks clueless as a captain to me. He is depending a bit too much on Dhoni,  in LOI's. He already acted like a brat in CT and lost it, he needs to stand on his feet in Tests.

Edited by Rightarmfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cric_fan said:

SL 96 all out. 300 is too much for Pak. Herath will likely destroy Pak batting.

SL is a pretty crappy team at the moment..if pak cant chase 300 against them with their huge home advantage they are really worse than Zim who beat SL in their home recently..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shreyas Iyer is gazillion times better than most of these pak btasmen.

Is that even in question.  If the likes of Parthiv Patel or Robin Uthappa could have played for the greenbros, they would be country-level ATGs for them.  Apart from Haris Sohail, none of the pakistan top order would make an India A team.   Not even their flavor of the month - Babar Azam.  That's not "banter", just harsh bitter fact.  Azhar Ali has decent numbers, but he's gotten to play so long because of the TINA (there is no alternative) factor, he would never get so many chances competing with Indian batsmen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised to see Dilruwan Perera do so well..  world cricket should realise that We are the ATG team when it comes to handling spin...more so since the last 30 years... Except for that brief lull in winter 2012 or the Mendis series in lanka .. we have dominated the greatest spinners in the game including Murali. It's like king Viv of the old era. Imagine if Perera was dropped after our series. Teams should ignore the results of their spinners against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Not surprised to see Dilruwan Perera do so well..  world cricket should realise that We are the ATG team when it comes to handling spin...more so since the last 30 years... Except for that brief lull in winter 2012 or the Mendis series in lanka .. we have dominated the greatest spinners in the game including Murali. It's like king Viv of the old era. Imagine if Perera was dropped after our series. Teams should ignore the results of their spinners against us. 

Although by that logic, Sir Sri Moeen Ali is the greatest of spinners around, since he took so many wickets against us in England.  :p:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The usual.  Chest-thumping about some sort of parity in comparing the 2 teams, living in a delusional dream world about the "pace bowling factory".   Head-to-head score etc etc.  


Pace Bowling Factor is running well tbf.

Shaheen Shah will be fast tracked. Already snapped up by a BPL side.

There are a few other up & coming youngsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

 


Pace Bowling Factor is running well tbf.

Shaheen Shah will be fast tracked. Already snapped up by a BPL side.

There are a few other up & coming youngsters.

 

Your best pace bowler averages 37 runs per test wicket in the last 2 years.  Your second best is Wahab "one good spell every 3 years" Riaz.   Your 3rd best is Sohail "huff & puff to fall down after 2 spells" Khan.  If that's the best that factory can do, then its not much of a factory.  This is what I mean by bravado.  

 

Look I don't want to give you crap when your team is losing 2-0 to SL at home.  But let's be real.  All countries have a handful of pace bowling prospects that look promising.   For every Shaheen Shah Afridi, there are Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Ishan Porel, etc.   And even if you somehow keep scraping by on the bowling end, your batting is in total deep $hyte.   Forget reserves, even the current players are average at best.  

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×