Yadav's 71-4 or Kumar's 55-0? What would you rather have in ODIs?

Lannister

1 minute ago, CG said:
11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:
death bowling was the difference today,last 2 overs 30 runs, i ll have bhuvi n bumrah because of that always 

Nope Kuldeep Yadav Was the diff today.

well yes kuldeep will always be missed but we pulled the game in this match as well just to give it away again in last 2 overs 

Those 4 wickets only came because of batsmen slogging. Its not like Yadav got any top order wickets. Thanks to his crappy line and length, Aussies were able to get off to a flyer and even Warner rediscovered his form. Lower order wickets are useless if you are still getting smashed around by the new batsman. Batsman after bastman kept smashing him to the boundary. Should be sent to some speed measuring contest instead of being played in an international cricket match. 

There are articles written, even opposing captains acknowledging that Bhuvi and Bumrah are the best ODI bowlers among all teams. And only here, people will care more about soeed gun ratings than about cricket 'bowling'. 

Even javelin throwers are hyped up as cricket bowlers here when they show they can hit a certain bowling speed threshold. 

Shami failed today, Yadav leaked lots of runs. death bowling was piss poor. Its clear who the ODI bowlers are and who the test bowlers are.  And Axar is not good enough. Its kuldeep all the way clearly.

and its very arrogant of India to think that they can change the entire bowling lineup and still win againt Aus, isnt Aus the no 2 team ?

1 minute ago, Texan said:

There are articles written, even opposing captains acknowledging that Bhuvi and Bumrah are the best ODI bowlers among all teams. And only here, people will care more about soeed gun ratings than about cricket 'bowling'. 

Even javelin throwers are hyped up as cricket bowlers here when they show they can hit a certain bowling speed threshold. 

i think its formats, and Bumrah is not slow, he is capable to being as fast as Shami/Yadav. And Bhuvi is fast medium, like Hardik. 

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

Those 4 wickets only came because of batsmen slogging. Its not like Yadav got any top order wickets. Thanks to his crappy line and length, Aussies were able to get off to a flyer and even Warner rediscovered his form. Lower order wickets are useless if you are still getting smashed around by the new batsman. Batsman after bastman kept smashing him to the boundary. Should be sent to some speed measuring contest instead of being played in an international cricket match. 

he bowls well in test games, please keep the format in mind. Just doe not appear good enough for ODI.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i think its formats, and Bumrah is not slow, he is capable to being as fast as Shami/Yadav. And Bhuvi is fast medium, like Hardik. 

Yeah, but there are many people here who just love see "Yadav hit 145, pace like fire" even if the ball was smashed for a six. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he bowls well in test games, please keep the format in mind. Just doe not appear good enough for ODI.

Lets not hype him so much. He is just about average in Tests. He has played Tests for many years now and his record is below average. 

Just now, Texan said:

Yeah, but there are many people here who just love see "Yadav hit 145, pace like fire" even if the ball was smashed for a six. 

i think its the pace crowd and almost all of us quote and talk about test matches, where is geneuine balance in conditions and game for bowl vs bat. In LOI i guess its a bit more of adpating to conditions and game situation which needs a certain courage under fire that Umesh clearly lacks. Shami -> not too sure what went wrong today, disappointed. 

12 minutes ago, Texan said:

huh? Finch and Head and Smith are not top order wickets? :rotfl: 

Lets not hype him so much. He is just about average in Tests. He has played Tests for many years now and his record is below average. 

its just what options we have otherwise, bhuvi is not better than him in tests, and bumrah does not play tests even if he does he might be a 130-135 k bowlers which is not going to cut it.

18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Really !!

I don' t create threads after one performance,good or bad.

I don't disappear when my favourite player does bad .

I don' t create in your face statements when my favourite players do well.

I think I am fairly balanced and fair  in my support .

I am an all weather supporter ,not a blind one.

You must be quoting to a wrong person then. I don't create threads based on single matches or judge players for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yadav cant bowl in slog, been that way for some time. He just cant stick to his game plan when attacked, he would try many things or loose his lengths. 

But few fans are just blind to understand that. One of the reasons he is successful in test. He just can't stick to his lines for 6 consecutive deliveries. The penalty you pay in tests is less if you slide to leg stump line. 

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

its just what options we have otherwise, bhuvi is not better than him in tests, and bumrah does not play tests even if he does he might be a 130-135 k bowlers which is not going to cut it.

No. Options are not limited. Bhuvi is much better than him when conditions offer even the slightest bit of seam or swing movement. And on flat tracks, both of them are pretty ineffective. Yadav is not any better on flat tracks. 

And lets not judge Bumrah without giving him a chance. He has decent FC record.

No. Options are not limited. Bhuvi is much better than him when conditions offer even the slightest bit of seam or swing movement. And on flat tracks, both of them are pretty ineffective. Yadav is not any better on flat tracks. 

And lets not judge Bumrah without giving him a chance. He has decent FC record.

i would disagree, we can rummage some stats in the next test series. 

4 minutes ago, gattaca said:

But few fans are just blind to understand that. One of the reasons he is successful in test. He just can't stick to his lines for 6 consecutive deliveries. The penalty you pay in tests is less if you slide to leg stump line. 

its glass half empty outlook, i say he is good because of his jaffas and wicket taking deliveries which get any batsman(fully set great ones as well) which is what you need in test. In ODI if he leaks runs its over, he might just leak and not bowl those jaffas because he does not settle down at time, he is a test bowler.