If not Pant, Why not try Rahul As W.k in place Of MSD at-least In T20s?

PSB_Zone

I mean If its 50 over Cricket then Msd inclusion can still be justified as he is a Great wicketkeeper
and his shrewd observation of the game must help in planning the opposition out but T-20 is a different
format all-together and u just cant hide like u hide in the One-day game ...

If selectors think Pant is not ready , why not try Rahul as Wk. In T-20 very few balls are left for wicketkeepr 
to collect anyway..

Wkt keeper is a speciality job. If your keeper misses a stumping or cocedes 20 more runs you lost the game.

getting back to Rahul just remember Shastri is the biggest moron as a coach you can come across. If I was the coach I would definitely have rahul in the rotation. We are dealing with 30 year old mindset and thinking.

And one thing more i want to add if bhuvi and bumrah are not playing test cricket,  whats the point in giving him rest specialy against trams like aus,  saf and australia... 

U can afford 3 changes in bowling against other teams... 

but changing entire bowling line up in one match is a joke

I think 50 overs are too many to play Rahul as WK. 20 overs he could be passable, as anyway there aren't as many wickets taken in that format, but I don't think Rahul is good enough to take all the chances given in 50 overs. 

If someone wants to replace Dhoni but thinks Pant isn't ready, then the stopgap option is DK. I don't think Saha, Ohja, PP, or Samson look that good. 

2 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I think 50 overs are too many to play Rahul as WK. 20 overs he could be passable, as anyway there aren't as many wickets taken in that format, but I don't think Rahul is good enough to take all the chances given in 50 overs. 

If someone wants to replace Dhoni but thinks Pant isn't ready, then the stopgap option is DK. I don't think Saha, Ohja, PP, or Samson look that good. 

I do not think there is any need to go to KL . Why people think Pant cannot come good . He has exceptional ability but might fail initially as right now his cricket is not built on smarts. Too much all out aggression. His ability is endorsed none other than his coach Dravid.

But invest in him . Play him regularly as WK in T20s for some 8-10 matches and then bring him to 50 over ODI. Let him play for 4-5 months. I am sure he will succeed. You will have a ready made replacement  for MSD in 3-4 months!

Problem is MSD.  Due to him , Pant is not getting any chance - Atleast in T20 - Dhoni should not be selected and Pant should be  selected.

22 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Why is MSD playing T20? 

Because he doesn't want anyone to come into the picture, if player like Pant starts smashing in T20, ODI calls will start coming as Dhoni knows he is **** batsman nowdays. Reason he is playing is for money, as he will lose lots of sponsorships he hangs his boots. 

Exactly. It is his insecurity that is the reason. Bigger culprits are Kohli and Shastri as they have conflict of interest. Only people who can straigten out this mess are the selectors. In short dont expect any changes.

10 hours ago, Khota said:

Could be Pant, Karthick, Patel.

Anyone but Dhoni.

Yes our God kartick should play in kohlis position and patel in Rohit's position :antijinx:I agree with you.. Pant is our maxwell/Afridi he is still behind IYER who scored a 100

Edited by Rasgulla