Dhoni: Greatest Indian Cricketer?

Str8Drive

2 hours ago, Shunya said:

Top 5 Indian Cricketer easily. Almost impossible to replicate the number of roles he performed. Complete Package.

lol based on 1 format and that too the ODI format:hysterical:, what an insult to the real top 5 Indian cricketers.

The top 5 Indian cricketers are as follows:-

Sachin Tendulkar

Kapil Dev

Sunil Gavaskar

Rahul Dravid

Anil Kumble

Kohli has a chance to break into the top 5

Edited by kira
4 hours ago, kira said:

lol based on 1 format and that too the ODI format:hysterical:, what an insult to the real top 5 Indian cricketers.

Sachin Tendulkar

Kapil Dev

Sunil Gavaskar

Rahul Dravid

Anil Kumble

Add Sehwag to the list too.

4 hours ago, kira said:

Sachin Tendulkar

Kapil Dev

Sunil Gavaskar

Rahul Dravid

Anil Kumble

Undervaluing the role of a ATG wk/bat who filled the missing link in the line up full of great players. I will take Dhoni above couple of others clearly based on the so many roles(wk, bat, finisher, captain,workload)  he performed that eased other players job. Clear davedaaar for Top 5 as of now. 

P.S Your list is pretty solid too, so no arguments there. I will have Dhoni at 3 in the list.

I know Ganguly deserves a lot of praise for galvanising the Indian team (he basically did for India what Nasser did for England) but i could never relate to him. He was a prick with a point. I remember when Dhoni first hit the scene i thought to myself, now there's a leader i would operate under. For me that is Dhoni's greatest legacy. Forget the runs.

21 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Undervaluing the role of a ATG wk/bat who filled the missing link in the line up full of great players. I will take Dhoni above couple of others clearly based on the so many roles(wk, bat, finisher, captain,workload)  he performed that eased other players job. Clear davedaaar for Top 5 as of now. 

P.S Your list is pretty solid too, so no arguments there. I will have Dhoni at 3 in the list.

Lol 'workload' is a role now :cantstop:

All that is true...but only in the ODIs. There are other 2 formats as well. He did noting good but for keeping in those and that's why he will never make it into the top 5 Indian players ever.

55 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Lol 'workload' is a role now :cantstop:

All that is true...but only in the ODIs. There are other 2 formats as well. He did noting good but for keeping in those and that's why he will never make it into the top 5 Indian players ever.

Yes obviously workload is a big thing. And that is the reason you see plenty of ATG batsman throughout the world as compared to ATG WKs. Or even rarest of rare who could handle Batting/wk and captainship as well in all 3 formats. Wouldn't there be plenty of other WK/Bat/Captain in the world or Indian history with such numbers, if it was just another regular thing to happen? 

And yes I agree he was weaker in Test as compared to ODIs, but it will be hard to find another similar package in 1 player for India. That is why he is top 5.

6 hours ago, Shunya said:

Yes obviously workload is a big thing. And that is the reason you see plenty of ATG batsman throughout the world as compared to ATG WKs. Or even rarest of rare who could handle Batting/wk and captainship as well in all 3 formats. Wouldn't there be plenty of other WK/Bat/Captain in the world or Indian history with such numbers, if it was just another regular thing to happen? 

And yes I agree he was weaker in Test as compared to ODIs, but it will be hard to find another similar package in 1 player for India. That is why he is top 5.

He isn't top 5. Srt, gavaskar, kapil, dravid, kumble, sehwag are

Edited by rkt.india