Mosher

India vs Australia, 5th ODI Nagpur

Teams:

Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Steven Smith(c), Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade(w), James Faulkner, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli(c), Hardik Pandya, Kedar Jadhav, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni(w), Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav

Kohli: All we need to do is get the processes right. In the last game I thought we played a good game of cricket but I thought Australia did better. We need to focus on every game and come back hard. The pitch looks very hard, we would've batted first as well but it shouldn't change much through the night. The last time we played here we chased down 350, so happy memories of the ground for us. Three changes - Umesh, Shami and Chahal are out Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah and Kuldeep are in.

Smith: We are going to have a bat. It looks pretty dry, hopefully it would slow on as the game goes by and we can post a good total. It was nice to win the last one, I thought we batted pretty well to get 300 on the board; we'd like to replicate that today and get a big one. We have one change, Kane Richardson is sick and James Faulkner comes back in.

1 minute ago, Nonbeliever said:

So kl is not playing.  Shame on Kohli.

In a way OK. Let him play in T20s which i think he will. Then practice and sort out his initial hick up vs spinners  before the NZ series starts . 

If team management/Kohli serious about KL @4 , they should give him chance in all 3 games vs NZ , rather now giving 1 match when he is not in good frame .

I think we should give him 6-8 straight games without break and then finally judge . 

2 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

In a way OK. Let him play in T20s which i think he will. Then practice and sort out his initial hick up vs spinners  before the NZ series starts . 

If team management/Kohli serious about KL @4 , they should give him chance in all 3 games vs NZ , rather now giving 1 match when he is not in good frame .

I think we should give him 6-8 straight games without break and then finally judge . 

I think we should try to win this game to go in t20s with right frame of mind.  Kl Rahul will only help the cause.

Indian management once again is making a big mistake. first of all, making these useless batting pattas, they are ensuring once team travels abroad they are going to suffer big time. I must say that the indian cricket boards mindset is absolutely short sighted as it always has been. Its going to ensure Indian team never reaches its potential. Very weak decisions made by the team and management.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Every time jadhav comes n takes a wkt.....M like how how how  and now smith who hit our main bowlers around the park for few yrs

Exactly, it's not as if he gets tailenders out. He gets the main men like Warner, Williamson, Smith, etc. and also has a low ER to boot :adore:

need wickets

Felt it was a mistake to bowl Kedar through. Needed to attack with Kuldeep.

But kudos to Kohli to introduce Kedar early. Has ensured pressure on Pandya especially not high

What pakau batting. Aussies are playing shithead cricket. Score 250+ atleast. Thoda to tough banao apne batsman ke liye...Its a slower pitch with some spin and rough, might not be 300+ wicket, but anything less than 250 will be no pressure. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

JAdhav might as well shud try to develop a variation or 2 during domestic season and shud bowl a lot more during domestic season

His bowling might keep him in the team 

NO. The thing is that he is a mystery so far. Better to remain like that and not do anything for now. Domestics might turn him into another boring paint by numbers spinner.

4 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

NO. The thing is that he is a mystery so far. Better to remain like that and not do anything for now. Domestics might turn him into another boring paint by numbers spinner.

Bowling more gives u control, if he develops a variation it will add to his bowling and let his mystery last for long 

Guest, sign in to access all features.