Shivam Mavi: u19 bowler

nsareen

Since many players from the existing U19 lot are taking the limelight like Shaw, Shubman , chahar, nagarkoti, I feel there are others we really need to keep an eye on & since the thread is for Shivam Mavi, I would like others to contribute about him on this thread.

From my perspective he can be groomed into a good bowler who can bat too, I’ve seen him bowl & can easily reach 86mph at this age, but in the longer version in England made a very useful 80 odd also for the team in difficult situation, hence makes me believe he is a consistent performer & one to keep an eye to on. Anybody has a story on him, can share along..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Yeah thats a good action with good swing, if he gets stronger will bowl faster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks better than his brother Shubham who played last WC. Shubham is taller though 6'2" but he is already quicker despite being 3 years younger.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shivam Mavi was bowling 83 m to 87 m in a televised 50-over match.  Very good speeds for his age.

His action has some resemblance to Shami.

He picked up 10 wickets from 2 youth-tests and 4 wickets from 3 youth-ODIs.

Played two gutsy knocks of 86* and 41* in youth-tests..... so, all-rounder potential too.

More like Mark Wood

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shivam Mavi was bowling 83 m to 87 m in a televised 50-over match.  Very good speeds for his age.

His action has some resemblance to Shami.

He picked up 10 wickets from 2 youth-tests and 4 wickets from 3 youth-ODIs.

Played two gutsy knocks of 86* and 41* in youth-tests..... so, all-rounder potential too.

Yes, and one was in a match where Josh Tongue (who is one of the best U-19 bowlers in Eng) was playing.