Hardik is a 'floater' for us....

Ravi Shastri: If you want to be rated as a good team you've got to be relentless. We repeated the job on multiple occasions and that is how we were ruthless in this series. Hitman (Rohit) did a superb job for us in the match, he was brilliant. The death bowling is tremendous. It is all down to skills, when you have bowlers like these, they bring you back in the final overs. They complement each other really well, they have experience, have different actions and hit their yorkers to perfection. Hardik is someone who can take on the bowling right from the start, he is a floater for us. I haven't seen striking like that, probably Yuvraj in his youth but this guy is special and still has the exuberance of youth. We can raise the bar in the fielding and we can seize the big moments. We also need batsmen to carry on after they score 60s and 70s, quite like what Rohit did today.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores/18860/ind-vs-aus-5th-odi-australia-tour-of-india-2017

LMAO. 

What I like is that he called out hahane indirectly by saying the last line...carry on after scoring 60s and 70s. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

If Hardik is to float up the order on occasions, we need another 6-hitter in the middle-order who can bat at 6 or 7

Move Rohit to 6/7 then :P (just to clarify, not being serious). Six hitting is not easy. In current team only Pandya and Rohit are capable of doing it. In domestics, Krunal looks decent but he is more a leg-side hoicker/slogger.

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Move Rohit to 6/7 then :P (just to clarify, not being serious). Six hitting is not easy. In current team only Pandya and Rohit are capable of doing it. In domestics, Krunal looks decent but he is more a leg-side hoicker/slogger.

Hardik, Rahul, Rohit, Krunal and Pant are all 6-hitters as of today.

41 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hardik, Rahul, Rohit, Krunal and Pant are all 6-hitters as of today.

At a lower level,  but also a six hitter in smaller grounds, is Kishan. I think he had a fair number of sixes the past Ranji season. I remember watching this breathtaking innings sometime ago against a rampant Jaddu on a turning track where he smote the Sau attack for lots of sixes.

However, I dont think either Pant or Kishan are at a stage in their careers where they merit selection in the team. Pant, as we saw in WI, has some distance to go.