Talent watch

This thread will be one place to discuss exciting talent, predict, and monitor, post videos.

Let's start with the most exciting 17 year old I have ever scene, audacious, talented, tough, someone special, once in a genuine player for me, Sarfaraz Khan.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/on-return-from-injury-sarfaraz-stars-in-khanga-league/articleshow/60908017.cms

For everyone wondering and doubting his fitness and attitude, it wasn't the case but a knee injury, this guy should play for India in a year.

16 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Kamalesh Nagarkoti  .. I want him to fill 1 pace bowler slot in 2 years' time in our ODI . Real live wire in the field and a decent bat too.

That will make our tail  shorter . Hope he does not pick up injury.

Agree Nagarkotti looks promising, has a good action meant to hurry up BATSMEN n extract something out of the track, let's hope he stays fit n develops further also his pace is pretty good for his age and he can bat.

Khejroliya is someone I am very excited about but sadly Indian cricket has a problem with punting for raw talent and instead you see mediocre old 30 plus year old Dhawal n Dinda n useless Unadkunt in the A squads n other teams instead.

Aniket Choudhury to me is someone who should have already played test for India, as he has Domestic experience and stats to match, is tall, has pace n bounce and skills as well and bowl genuine wkt taking deliveries and also is aggressive.

Vijay Shankar is one talent I am also excited about a very good technical BATSMEN who has the game also to dominate as well and a decent seamer with skills and can get bounce, I believe he can team up with Pandya as a genuine seam bowling allrounder.

Mayank Agarwal is someone I think has the talent and potential as well, prithvi Shaw looks great.

Another one i am keeping big hopes on is Rahul chahar . Has all the core of a fine Leg spinner in him.

But I think where he is different his build and shoulder strength , looks fairly big and Strong shoulder -

Shoulder strength is so imp for a leggie to dish out rippers as well as bowl with real zip.

Will not give any time for batter to adjust his shots once committed.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Exciting new talent in the pace department

Siraj

Nathu

Thampi

Avesh

Nagarkoti

Khejroliya

I was expecting to hear from you n agree, India never had it so good in fast bowling category, genuine fast medium n fast bowlers who can be exciting, also not to forget Pradeep Sangwan and even Sran has potential.

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Another one i am keeping big hopes on is Rahul chahar . Has all the core of a fine Leg spinner in him.

But I think where he is different his build and shoulder strength , looks fairly big and Strong shoulder -

Shoulder strength is so imp for a leggie to dish out rippers as well as bowl with real zip.

Will not give any time for batter to adjust his shots once committed.

Yes I was impressed with this kid , fastish leggies and googlies but gets a lot of turn as well which is a good and rare combo, also can bat.

1 minute ago, MCcricket said:

Yes I was impressed with this kid , fastish leggies and googlies but gets a lot of turn as well which is a good and rare combo, also can bat.

Oh yes. So different from all the ones who i have watched from Sivaramakrishnan, Hirwani, Piyush , Bahutule (both poor), Misraji

.All of them were very slow in air and in today's ODI games they will hammered atleast 1-2 big hits per over. 

Thats where i think even Kuldeep needs to improve . Have some faster  deliveries in between just to reduce hittable balls which

will  make batsmen even more frustrated and give way their wickets .  

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Oh yes. So different from all the ones who i have watched from Sivaramakrishnan, Hirwani, Piyush , Bahutule (both poor), Misraji

.All of them were very slow in air and in today's ODI games they will hammered atleast 1-2 big hits per over. 

Thats where i think even Kuldeep needs to improve . Have some faster  deliveries in between just to reduce hittable balls which

A good example is Tahir , the moment batters go after him , he will start bowling fastish googlies  and then dish out normal turning deliveries to get them out .  Now he is a very improved bowler , earlier he was tonked around  regularly. 

3 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

One thing about leggies and people don't realize is ,you need a lot of strength in your arms, shoulders, to pursue the art, also leggies mature late, Kuldeep is a bit slow ,but has the right arc, and is a Chinaman Bowler, also with more bowling and strength he will speed up n give more revs, he to me is very promising as he has few things going for him .

His being a Chinaman Bowler and his variations are hard to pick.

His flight and loop is pretty good and the ball dips.

He has variety and decent control.

He can turn the ball as well.

He has a big heart and is attacking.

With time when he start bowling from 78 to 85 kph window to 83 to 88 speeds he will certainly be more deadly.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sanju Samson.   Hopefully he recovers from his knee issues enough to compete for a spot in this Indian team soon.  

Sanju Samson has talent and is a good potential BATSMEN, he can play big shots certainly although being on slnder side and has a good technique , he needs to show consistency and have big Ranji season and also start keeping regularly.

2 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

One thing about leggies and people don't realize is ,you need a lot of strength in your arms, shoulders, to pursue the art, also leggies mature late, Kuldeep is a bit slow ,but has the right arc, and is a Chinaman Bowler, also with more bowling and strength he will speed up n give more revs, he to me is very promising as he has few things going for him .

With time when he start bowling from 78 to 85 kph window to 83 to 88 speeds he will certainly be more deadly.

Will be fun to watch when his flipper at 85- 89 kph shatters the stumps to the bewilderment of the batter . 

Thanks you McCricket. Very good thread to follow .

Hope 2 of the GURUS  Expressji & RKT  jump in here often 

I had written about the new Indian fast bowlers after the IPL, in the " Speed and Performance thread ".    I am re-posting  that here.

My impressions of the new Indian fast-bowlers  in this IPL  --

Md.Siraj  -  He has been impressive. He has bowled with genuine pace with a very high percentage of deliveries at 135 k to 145 k. Plus he is a skiddy pacer who hurries on to the bat after pitching.  Gets inswing on a consistent basis and the in-dipping skiddy quick balls result in a lot of bowled outs and LBWs.  Has a good pacy bouncer and has developed decent yorkers and slower balls in this IPL.  Hits the deck hard when needed and his height is ok.   

The best thing is that he was learning as the tournament progressed. He took 41 wickets from only 9 FC matches this season and is the one bowler to look out for as he knows how to pick up wickets. Needs to be picked for our A team and can play all formats.

Avesh Khan -- He is tall and bouncy. Hits the deck hard and bowls a heavy ball.  Gets the ball to seam in and is accurate.... makes the batsmen play.  He is one of those quicks who hurry batsmen visually.  Can bowl lots of  140 k + deliveries in an over.  Reminds me a lot of Srinath.  He was really unlucky to miss 13 matches this season and should have been played by RCB.

He is a wicket taker too and was our best pacer in the last U19 WC. took loads of wickets. Don't know how he is not picked for the MP Ranji team.  The selectors must see to it that he plays Ranji next season and he is good enough for our A team too. He is one of the most exciting pace prospects from India and only 20, so he should add pace as he becomes older.

Nathu Singh -- He got injured and played only 2 games. But he is a big talent. Looked really good in those 2 games. Bowled 138 k to 145 k, swung the ball both ways, was very accurate and bowled a few good bouncers. His ER was only 3.75 in a T20 tournament. Would have shone even more if he had played 6 or 7 games. Another A team candidate.

Kulwant Khejroliya -- The man was conspicuous by his absence. Did not get to play a single game despite taking 13 wickets from only 5 VH Trophy matches.  He is genuinely quick and bouncy and a left-armer too.  Saw him in a DY Patil match he was bowling some superb and fierce bouncers and yorkers.

Basil Thampi -- He has impressed most commentators and his team management due to his ability to bowl quick,  inswinging late-dipping yorkers at will.   That is a rare skill and he needs to be backed. he bowled 134 k to 144 k , was skiddy and got regular inswing. He has a somewhat round-arm action and a lowish release point and that often robs him of bounce when bowling good length. He has a good, quick bouncer. Needs to improve his accuracy regarding all deliveries. He bowled all the difficult overs even in his first IPL and that speaks volumes about the confidence that his team management has in him.

Ankit Rajpoot --  He did not get to play that many games too but did well whenever he was chosen. He is a tall pacer and can hit the deck hard. Gets good bounce.  Bowled 132 k to 142 k in this IPL but bowled upto 147 k last time. He gets seam movement with regularity and comes across as a skilled pacer for the shorter formats. Seen him swing the ball in FC too. Has a decent slower ball.

Shardul Thakur -- He was good one day and bad the next day. This inconsistency is due to the fact that he tries too many things and often ends up bowling a bad line, either down the leg or too wide.  He has a lot of skills, swing, reverse swing, seam movement, good bouncer, decent slower balls and decent yorkers....but needs to use them judiciously.  His speeds were 133 k to 145 k.

Aniket Chaudhary --  He was not supposed to be a T20 bowler and did not do that well barring a couple of matches. Needs to improve his yorkers.

But, he is a test prospect for sure as he is very tall, hits the deck hard, has a great bouncer and can swing the ball too. Bowls decent speeds too, 130 k to 143 k

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I had written about the new Indian fast bowlers after the IPL, in the " Speed and Performance thread ".    I am re-posting  that here.

My impressions of the new Indian fast-bowlers  in this IPL  --

Md.Siraj  -  He has been impressive. He has bowled with genuine pace with a very high percentage of deliveries at 135 k to 145 k. Plus he is a skiddy pacer who hurries on to the bat after pitching.  Gets inswing on a consistent basis and the in-dipping skiddy quick balls result in a lot of bowled outs and LBWs.  Has a good pacy bouncer and has developed decent yorkers and slower balls in this IPL.  Hits the deck hard when needed and his height is ok.   

The best thing is that he was learning as the tournament progressed. He took 41 wickets from only 9 FC matches this season and is the one bowler to look out for as he knows how to pick up wickets. Needs to be picked for our A team and can play all formats.

Avesh Khan -- He is tall and bouncy. Hits the deck hard and bowls a heavy ball.  Gets the ball to seam in and is accurate.... makes the batsmen play.  He is one of those quicks who hurry batsmen visually.  Can bowl lots of  140 k + deliveries in an over.  Reminds me a lot of Srinath.  He was really unlucky to miss 13 matches this season and should have been played by RCB.

He is a wicket taker too and was our best pacer in the last U19 WC. took loads of wickets. Don't know how he is not picked for the MP Ranji team.  The selectors must see to it that he plays Ranji next season and he is good enough for our A team too. He is one of the most exciting pace prospects from India and only 20, so he should add pace as he becomes older.

Nathu Singh -- He got injured and played only 2 games. But he is a big talent. Looked really good in those 2 games. Bowled 138 k to 145 k, swung the ball both ways, was very accurate and bowled a few good bouncers. His ER was only 3.75 in a T20 tournament. Would have shone even more if he had played 6 or 7 games. Another A team candidate.

Kulwant Khejroliya -- The man was conspicuous by his absence. Did not get to play a single game despite taking 13 wickets from only 5 VH Trophy matches.  He is genuinely quick and bouncy and a left-armer too.  Saw him in a DY Patil match he was bowling some superb and fierce bouncers and yorkers.

Basil Thampi -- He has impressed most commentators and his team management due to his ability to bowl quick,  inswinging late-dipping yorkers at will.   That is a rare skill and he needs to be backed. he bowled 134 k to 144 k , was skiddy and got regular inswing. He has a somewhat round-arm action and a lowish release point and that often robs him of bounce when bowling good length. He has a good, quick bouncer. Needs to improve his accuracy regarding all deliveries. He bowled all the difficult overs even in his first IPL and that speaks volumes about the confidence that his team management has in him.

Ankit Rajpoot --  He did not get to play that many games too but did well whenever he was chosen. He is a tall pacer and can hit the deck hard. Gets good bounce.  Bowled 132 k to 142 k in this IPL but bowled upto 147 k last time. He gets seam movement with regularity and comes across as a skilled pacer for the shorter formats. Seen him swing the ball in FC too. Has a decent slower ball.

Shardul Thakur -- He was good one day and bad the next day. This inconsistency is due to the fact that he tries too many things and often ends up bowling a bad line, either down the leg or too wide.  He has a lot of skills, swing, reverse swing, seam movement, good bouncer, decent slower balls and decent yorkers....but needs to use them judiciously.  His speeds were 133 k to 145 k.

Aniket Chaudhary --  He was not supposed to be a T20 bowler and did not do that well barring a couple of matches. Needs to improve his yorkers.

But, he is a test prospect for sure as he is very tall, hits the deck hard, has a great bouncer and can swing the ball too. Bowls decent speeds too, 130 k to 143 k

Agree with the list and now it is the selectors job to nurture and help bowlers from this pool and not keep on picking up, Dinda, Unadkunt, Dhawal coz it's counter productive.

5 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I too  sold on him.  Though he got a hat trick in Calcutta , i thought his 6-7 overs yesterday were far better . Guy has very very

good control even though he is a  LA leggie .

What i implied was  he should not be that is easy to hit the way Maxwell did .  Do not allow them to line you up and then use your guile . Loop for is very imp as he on the shorter side .

3 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I too  sold on him.  Though he got a hat trick in Calcutta , i thought his 6-7 overs yesterday were far better . Guy has very very

good control even though he is a  LA leggie .

What i implied was  he should not be that is easy to hit the way Maxwell did .  Do not allow them to line you up and then use your guile . Loop for is very imp as he on the shorter side .

He needs to be nurtured and is lucky he has Kohli as captain and not a defensive Dhoni, with maturity and age he hopefully will get stronger and get more revs and along with it more dip and ,spin, bounce and speed.