Talent watch

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

I had written about the new Indian fast bowlers after the IPL, in the " Speed and Performance thread ".    I am re-posting  that here.

My impressions of the new Indian fast-bowlers  in this IPL  --

Md.Siraj  -  He has been impressive. He has bowled with genuine pace with a very high percentage of deliveries at 135 k to 145 k. Plus he is a skiddy pacer who hurries on to the bat after pitching.  Gets inswing on a consistent basis and the in-dipping skiddy quick balls result in a lot of bowled outs and LBWs.  Has a good pacy bouncer and has developed decent yorkers and slower balls in this IPL.  Hits the deck hard when needed and his height is ok.   

The best thing is that he was learning as the tournament progressed. He took 41 wickets from only 9 FC matches this season and is the one bowler to look out for as he knows how to pick up wickets. Needs to be picked for our A team and can play all formats.

Avesh Khan -- He is tall and bouncy. Hits the deck hard and bowls a heavy ball.  Gets the ball to seam in and is accurate.... makes the batsmen play.  He is one of those quicks who hurry batsmen visually.  Can bowl lots of  140 k + deliveries in an over.  Reminds me a lot of Srinath.  He was really unlucky to miss 13 matches this season and should have been played by RCB.

He is a wicket taker too and was our best pacer in the last U19 WC. took loads of wickets. Don't know how he is not picked for the MP Ranji team.  The selectors must see to it that he plays Ranji next season and he is good enough for our A team too. He is one of the most exciting pace prospects from India and only 20, so he should add pace as he becomes older.

Nathu Singh -- He got injured and played only 2 games. But he is a big talent. Looked really good in those 2 games. Bowled 138 k to 145 k, swung the ball both ways, was very accurate and bowled a few good bouncers. His ER was only 3.75 in a T20 tournament. Would have shone even more if he had played 6 or 7 games. Another A team candidate.

Kulwant Khejroliya -- The man was conspicuous by his absence. Did not get to play a single game despite taking 13 wickets from only 5 VH Trophy matches.  He is genuinely quick and bouncy and a left-armer too.  Saw him in a DY Patil match he was bowling some superb and fierce bouncers and yorkers.

Basil Thampi -- He has impressed most commentators and his team management due to his ability to bowl quick,  inswinging late-dipping yorkers at will.   That is a rare skill and he needs to be backed. he bowled 134 k to 144 k , was skiddy and got regular inswing. He has a somewhat round-arm action and a lowish release point and that often robs him of bounce when bowling good length. He has a good, quick bouncer. Needs to improve his accuracy regarding all deliveries. He bowled all the difficult overs even in his first IPL and that speaks volumes about the confidence that his team management has in him.

Ankit Rajpoot --  He did not get to play that many games too but did well whenever he was chosen. He is a tall pacer and can hit the deck hard. Gets good bounce.  Bowled 132 k to 142 k in this IPL but bowled upto 147 k last time. He gets seam movement with regularity and comes across as a skilled pacer for the shorter formats. Seen him swing the ball in FC too. Has a decent slower ball.

Shardul Thakur -- He was good one day and bad the next day. This inconsistency is due to the fact that he tries too many things and often ends up bowling a bad line, either down the leg or too wide.  He has a lot of skills, swing, reverse swing, seam movement, good bouncer, decent slower balls and decent yorkers....but needs to use them judiciously.  His speeds were 133 k to 145 k.

Aniket Chaudhary --  He was not supposed to be a T20 bowler and did not do that well barring a couple of matches. Needs to improve his yorkers.

But, he is a test prospect for sure as he is very tall, hits the deck hard, has a great bouncer and can swing the ball too. Bowls decent speeds too, 130 k to 143 k

Nice post, hope Sandeep Warrier is also in the reckoning, while his statemate thampi has stolen a march on him I feel Warrier is also a strong prospect.  Sanghwan is another one, the pacy Pawan Suyal's chance seems remote I am afraid.

I too  sold on him.  Though he got a hat trick in Calcutta , i thought his 6-7 overs yesterday were far better . Guy has very very
     good control even though he is a  LA leggie .
     What i implied was  he should not be that is easy to hit the way Maxwell did .  Do not allow them to line you up and then use your guile . Loop for is very imp as he on the shorter side .

His ideal pace should be 82-92 kph with odd upto 98-100

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

His ideal pace should be 82-92 kph with odd upto 98-100

No way with his height and the way he bowls  he can aspire for that .

He needs that Loop and dip to beat in addition to turn both ways . These faster deliveries are just to do a bit of containing 

in between his stock stuff  esp. in one dayers. 

If he tries to 98-100  he has to a darter , which we have enough .

10 hours ago, MCcricket said:

This thread will be one place to discuss exciting talent, predict, and monitor, post videos.

Let's start with the most exciting 17 year old I have ever scene, audacious, talented, tough, someone special, once in a genuine player for me, Sarfaraz Khan.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/on-return-from-injury-sarfaraz-stars-in-khanga-league/articleshow/60908017.cms

For everyone wondering and doubting his fitness and attitude, it wasn't the case but a knee injury, this guy should play for India in a year.

Good thread.  Although it seems like Sarfaraz has been 17 for 2 years now :-).

I pick Prithvi Shaw, and think he is ready for big things already.

10 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Sanju Samson has talent and is a good potential BATSMEN, he can play big shots certainly although being on slnder side and has a good technique , he needs to show consistency and have big Ranji season and also start keeping regularly.

You don't need to built like Chris Gayle to  play big shots. Gilchrist, Sehwag and even 90's Sachin were not big guys but were monstrous hitters of a cricket ball. And Sanju is a very good athlete as you can see from his fielding exploits and comes from coastal region of Trivandrum which has been the hotbed of plenty of strong footballers.

4 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Bhai the likes of pant,krunal are not getting any chances,you think shaw has any chance in this setup.we might see faiz fazal returning,you never know 

No way with his height and the way he bowls  he can aspire for that .
    He needs that Loop and dip to beat in addition to turn both ways . These faster deliveries are just to do a bit of containing 
    in between his stock stuff  esp. in one dayers. 
     If he tries to 98-100  he has to a darter , which we have enough .
I said his faster ball should be 98-100 kph ideally his delivery should be 82-88 kph with fractional deliveries in the range of 89-92 kph and occasionally between 98-100 kph to surprise batters depending on pitches.

6 hours ago, Laaloo said:

What's the point of all this? Those numbnuts will select the likes of Nehra, Unadkat, Dhawal anyways. :facepalm:

The one positive we have these days is a lot of exposure, even with not foresight n being idiots the selectors are forced to show some initiative these days compared to say 30 years back when it was far worse.

With IPL, A tours, n Virat and Dravid involved there is better chance at least that some talent will be pushed.

30 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

The one positive we have these days is a lot of exposure, even with not foresight n being idiots the selectors are forced to show some initiative these days compared to say 30 years back when it was far worse.

With IPL, A tours, n Virat and Dravid involved there is better chance at least that some talent will be pushed.

We can only hope

Nitish Rana

* Hitting prowess. Leading six hitter in SMA trophy in 2015. IPL can also vouch for it.

* Uses feet against spinners well. Generally plays spinners very good.

* Can hit pace bowlers big but at the same time is vulnerable against pace.

* Paces his innings nicely with a mix of aggression and strike rotation.Definitely an ODI prospect least for sure. 

7 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Sarfaraz is 19 now. He is talking about he was 17 when he saw him first and trying to say that he is best 17 year old batsman he ever saw and I agree. The way he was tonking bowlers in PL 2 years back was exciting to see.

18 hours ago, MCcricket said:

This thread will be one place to discuss exciting talent, predict, and monitor, post videos.

Let's start with the most exciting 17 year old I have ever scene, audacious, talented, tough, someone special, once in a genuine player for me, Sarfaraz Khan.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/on-return-from-injury-sarfaraz-stars-in-khanga-league/articleshow/60908017.cms

For everyone wondering and doubting his fitness and attitude, it wasn't the case but a knee injury, this guy should play for India in a year.

Sarfaraz has immense potential. Street smart cricketer, can hit the big shots and the cheeky shots. Perfect candidate for a finisher role in LOI's. Hope he scores lots of runs this season and gets back in the radar of the selectors. 

Edited by Mosher

Where have you guys seen Nagarkoti bowl? Would like to know if there are any videos of his bowling.

Also, on Avesh- can he sustain his pace over a longish spell? The first over that he bowled in the last IPL was phenomenal. It was refreshing to see an Indian pacer generate pace and awkward bounce. It was the best over of fast bowling in the IPL that I saw last year. But he was also seen limping around a little in the middle of his spell. Still, we need to give chances to bowlers like him in T20Is instead of picking likes of Nehra. 

10 minutes ago, Texan said:

Where have you guys seen Nagarkoti bowl? Would like to know if there are any videos of his bowling.

Also, on Avesh- can he sustain his pace over a longish spell? The first over that he bowled in the last IPL was phenomenal. It was refreshing to see an Indian pacer generate pace and awkward bounce. It was the best over of fast bowling in the IPL that I saw last year. But he was also seen limping around a little in the middle of his spell. Still, we need to give chances to bowlers like him in T20Is instead of picking likes of Nehra.