Talent watch

On 02/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Another one i am keeping big hopes on is Rahul chahar . Has all the core of a fine Leg spinner in him.

But I think where he is different his build and shoulder strength , looks fairly big and Strong shoulder -

Shoulder strength is so imp for a leggie to dish out rippers as well as bowl with real zip.

Will not give any time for batter to adjust his shots once committed.

If a leggie is more side-on and has a strong pivot he need not have extra strong shoulders or wrists because the momentum of the body helps. Haven't watched Rahul. From YouTube clips he seems more front on. So is he actually faster?

10 hours ago, Pollack said:

If a leggie is more side-on and has a strong pivot he need not have extra strong shoulders or wrists because the momentum of the body helps. Haven't watched Rahul. From YouTube clips he seems more front on. So is he actually faster?

Yes Rahul is a quickish leggie, but also gets lots of turn n flights as well, gets dip, so not a typical fastish t20 bowler, but a great package.

45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Srinath 1995-97, Umesh 2012-16 and Aaron 2012-15 were express bowlers too.

Average speeds very often 140 k to 145 k  .... fastest almost 150 k and occasionally more.

Even in 98 - 99 , Srinath pushed himself and bowled express. He was clocked at 93mph in 99 and was clocked at 152kph in New Zealand series , in New Zealand( I think that was 98 )

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Looks like a hint of hyper-extension to me.

In chucking, the bend in on the inside ..... in this case the bend is on the outside

Anyway, 15 degrees is allowed

It is surprising when people cannot see the difference in bending arm n Hyper extension which is arm bending past the straight position in the other direction, like Akhtars

Edited by MCcricket
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Srinath 1995-97, Umesh 2012-16 and Aaron 2012-15 were express bowlers too.

Average speeds very often 140 k to 145 k  .... fastest almost 150 k and occasionally more.

Aaron never played long enough, Umesh is fast but not in the express bracket, I think same about Srinath who was fast but not express.

I would label a bowler express if he can bowl in test spells at 145 to 156 kph, more then a few times, only guys I count as express are Thommo, Lee, Akhtar, Tait, M Zahid could have been in that category probably.

3 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Aaron never played long enough, Umesh is fast but not in the express bracket, I think same about Srinath who was fast but not express.

I would label a bowler express if he can bowl in test spells at 145 to 156 kph, more then a few times, only guys I count as express are Thommo, Lee, Akhtar, Tait, M Zahid could have been in that category probably.

Even Tait did not bowl that kind of pace in tests. Zahid didnt last long too.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Even Tait did not bowl that kind of pace in tests. Zahid didnt last long too.

Tait had the ability n natural speed, I often look at speed a bowler bowls with his first delivery of the day, last spell, he could touch 150 at will,his problem was control ,pace wise I think he was as fast as Lee, Akhtar, one guy who could be express per reports is Patrick Patterson but those were days with no speed guns, but batters have vouched for his being express.

1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

One guy who I feel sorry for and could be better then Umesh was Aaron, he hasn't got selectors backng ,has pace , skills and could be India's fastest yet.

Still remember the peach delivery he bowled to Hashim Amla in his last test in Bangalore. Don't know who he faded away because he was 3rd/4th option in seam bowling.