Is this selection committee best India had?

gakgupta

Shubham Gill is selected into the A side against NZ.....I m really excited to see how well he performs on the next level...

He outperformed all his colleges in the junior level and deserves to be tested on the next level....

This selection team has been doing a wonderful job and giving opportunities to deserving candidates

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Guys at the top are not being challenged. No one is getting any chances even when our openers are playing like snails, worst RR in first 10 overs out of all countries. Our middle order is one of the worst i have seen in a while for Indian teams. They think that Dhoni is better than De Kock even at the moment. We have the worst keeper playing for us maybe apart from Australia. 

apart form t20s, they've been very good so far

in t20s their insistence on not promoting the youth in favour of rehashing golden oldies is indefensible. 

In ODI their approach has been by and large been spot on (msd aside)

Tests- they've been brilliant- results clearly support this 

A tours- looks like they're picking the right sort of players e.g. gave Pandya a chance in Aus and helped his development

Won 4-1, just now. In my life time, India has never had it this easy in an odi series against Australia, so things are definitely falling the right way. 

Lets not mix the anger of the t20 team selected with India’s 50 over team which just thrashed the Aussies. 

There is a world of difference in those two topics. Yes in the current ODI team, I would still replace Rahane, but we can’t blame him much at this time since he has been very consistent post CT. We will have to wait for the right time to call on that, but for now, I am happy that Pandya is playing the role of a proper all rounder and is also being given proper chance to bat and bowl, Manish is being given chances even after few failures and that pacers are being rotated even though some more could be tried.

Some of you are unhappy....but who would replace rahane....

Iyer is half-cooked....in this mind he thinks that he is sehwag but he is not half of that.......I haven't seen him perform against good opposition on non-flat and non-Indian pitches...

Pant needs some more time....you can clearly see that he is inconsistent....

BTW...when was the last time we saw 2 wrist spinners playing for Indian ODI side? When was the last time, we saw a genuine all-rounder playing for India?

I think this selection committee, ousted MSD from test side....

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Won 4-1, just now. In my life time, India has never had it this easy in an odi series against Australia, so things are definitely falling the right way. 

Lets not mix the anger of the t20 team selected with India’s 50 over team which just thrashed the Aussies. 

There is a world of difference in those two topics. Yes in the current ODI team, I would still replace Rahane, but we can’t blame him much at this time since he has been very consistent post CT. We will have to wait for the right time to call on that, but for now, I am happy that Pandya is playing the role of a proper all rounder and is also being given proper chance to bat and bowl, Manish is being given chances even after few failures and that pacers are being rotated even though some more could be tried.

india beat them 4-0 did they not ?

5 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Some of you are unhappy....but who would replace rahane....

Iyer is half-cooked....in this mind he thinks that he is sehwag but he is not half of that.......I haven't seen him perform against good opposition on non-flat and non-Indian pitches...

Pant needs some more time....you can clearly see that he is inconsistent....

BTW...when was the last time we saw 2 wrist spinners playing for Indian ODI side? When was the last time, we saw a genuine all-rounder playing for India?

I think this selection committee, ousted MSD from test side....

Rahul.

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

india beat them 4-0 did they not ?

I have never seen India win 4-0 in ODI’s, unless I am getting old. 4-0 was in test which we continue to dominate at home. ODI’s are more competitive when teams visit as that gives them best chance to win in India and Aussies have hd a great odi record in India. So beating them 4-1 is impressive. 

I would say post WI tour ,

1) they have been very good in selection for Tests .

2) exceedingly good in selection of A teams .

Where they have been iffy iffy is in 50 ODI and i do not think  they have a free hand here . They are under pressure to agree on couple of players of captain/Coach's  choice . Can't blame them completely . They are minnows in front of KING !

3) Where i was disappointed is the selection of T20 squad  Vs AUS . We do not have any WT20 in the near future . So they could have really experimented with youth in  T20 .

T20 going forward should be used to give exposure to fringe players and prepare them for future 50 ODI. Guys doing well there should be claimants for 50ODI places

If they do rectify this in NZ & SL T20 matches i will rate this selection team as the best .

One more little hitch was not selecting any good pacers in BP X1. But i do not attach too much importance to that insignificant match.

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

Yes the best... Yo yo Tests same as Aussie once. So do it or get out no more paneer munchers in the team. Just fit once allowed :isalute:wish they introduced this Aussie standards yo yo test back in 2004 sachin and ramesh powar would never make it:giggle:

Rahul Chahar in BP X1. Another pretty good selection. 

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This selection committee has been the best in a long time regarding test matches, ODIs and A-team selections.

Below average regarding T20 team selections.

But our test team is pretty much stable so they actually pick themselves. Ashwin and Jadeja have been very good albeit in SC but most of the players pretty much pick themselves. Only Kuldeep was the main pick but I guess even that was warranted. Their real test now is with Rohit Sharma healthy and how much 'leeway' he gets in test cricket where he has been largely underwhelming. 

5 hours ago, Cricketics said:

So Ticsy.  I guess you have changed your mind on Pandya's batting abilties now?

This selection committee is mediocre and doesn't have a set of objectives n direction, picking Dinda, Unadkat, and other has been mediocre pacers, guys who have performed well in A teams n other selected teams get dropped and other useless players take their place, it's like musical chairs.

Selectors have not been able to bhase out and try alternatives for poor Dhoni, middle order, get t20 players and instead select poor T20 players like Dhawan, Dhoni.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

How many of the players in the team were really picked by these selectors? MSK Prasad became chief selector in Sept 2016. Pandya made his international debut in Jan 2016. I believe Sandeep Patil was the chief selector then. 

This selection commitee continues to pick Umesh Yadav in ODIs despite him having a horrendous record in ODIs and even some of his diehard fans don't support picking this guy in ODIs. They picked a veteran's team for T20 matches. No big strikers. They have no guts to drop Dhoni from T20s. They gave a rough deal to Pant. 

This is by far the worst selection commitee in recent memory. The successes are thanks to some picks from previous commitees.