Sign in to follow this  
New guy

Meanwhile in Sri Lanka

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20913302/lasith-malinga-omitted-odis-pakistan-due-poor-form

Lasith Malinga has been omitted from Sri Lanka's squad for the Pakistan ODIs, while Angelo Mathews is again unavailable through injury. Sri Lanka Cricket said that Malinga was not considered due to his current form and in the context of Sri Lanka's plans in view of the 2019 World Cup.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

From whatever little I have seen of his bowling, Chameera hovers around 140K and can hit 145+ on his effort deliveries.

I remember in early 2000, Dilhara Fernando used to hit 148+ at will. I was surprised to see a Sri Lankan bowling at that pace. Sadly, those were the days of Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee . Dilhara Fernando was never recognized for the pace he used to generate!

@express bowling Do u remember?

26 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I remember in early 2000, Dilhara Fernando used to hit 148+ at will. I was surprised to see a Sri Lankan bowling at that pace. Sadly, those were the days of Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee . Dilhara Fernando was never recognized for the pace he used to generate!

remember a guy called nissanka had quite a few injuries ,not quite as quick as fernando but had good height and physique and pace upto 145,had he not gotten all those injuries then may have improved

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yes.

Perfect height & build for a pacer .... hit the deck type.

Jayasuriya called him a  " quick fast bowler " once     : )

On 10/5/2017 at 1:20 PM, express bowling said:

Kumara bowls 135 k to 146 k

Chameera used to bowl 135 k to 148 k before his injury.... is bowling 132 k to 145 k nowadays

Most nations seem to be producing brisker bowlers these days. Except Pak I guess.