Australian Players Are Scared To Sledge Because Of IPL Contracts: Virender Sehwag:

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

i guess that Viru is trying to make a living via comments.

cant blame him

He's fallen in love with the idea of "not being afraid" to say "controversial" things.   Once you start that tweeting addiction, you have to keep finding things to say, day in, day out.  Sooner or later, you are going to phuck up and say dumb things.   With Veeru's "no filter" approach, expect more of the same, early and often.

He's played ipl for so many years... he sure knows something about the franchisees BCCI and stuff. Lot of examples to prove this... Jimmy Amarnath as chief selector  wanting to drop Dhoni and Srini mama dismissing it. There must be some truth in it. 

Michael Vaughan comes to mind in an English context. Will always have an opinion and wants to stick out with that.

Fundamental issue is with the media. Need the spicy news. Lets be frank here. Even though ICF a non profit we are still discussing Viru. Keeps him in the limelight. So i guess it worked. 

Its the same with somebody like Rashid Latif or even Shoaib Akther.

Making outrageous comments  is a new business model for some cricketers.  I very much doubt Viru will look back and think wtf was I saying. He will look back at the money he made by being a "straight shooter" and smile.

Its not just cricket btw, lets see we got Firstpost, The Wire, The quint, DailyO, Postcard news, Catch News, Scroll and a whole host of internet only news sites now in operation. You need constant wtf comments to feed of to sustain yourself.

What India needs is 5-6 major news corporations. Instead by having hundreds of news outlets competing with each other for scraps just encourages this sort of behavior.