Changes required in the ODI and T20 squad for NZ series

ShebbySB

ODI :- Rohit,Dhawan (Back), Kohli (c), Pandey,Dhoni (Wk),Kedar,Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.So not too much changes in the first XI.

Reserves :- Rahane,Rahul,Axar,Siraj.

I'd continue picking squads without Ashwin,Jadeja,Shami,Umesh and let them concentrate on tests.

T20s :- Rohit,Dhawan(Back),Kohli (c), Pandey,Kedar,Pant (Wk),Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.

Reserves :- Rahul,Sundar,Axar,Siraj.

I'd really like to invest on new players rather than playing Nehra,Dhoni.There is no point in picking them in T20 squads

when we have enough upcoming talents.We need a backup of Hardik in LOIs and Vijay Shankar should be monitored

as his progress will give us a decent back up though clearly his bowling is pretty avg.

Edited by ShebbySB
35 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

ODI :- Rohit,Dhawan (Back), Kohli (c), Pandey,Dhoni (Wk),Kedar,Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.So not too much changes in the first XI.

Reserves :- Rahane,Rahul,Axar,Siraj.

I'd continue picking squads without Ashwin,Jadeja,Shami,Umesh and let them concentrate on tests.

T20s :- Rohit,Dhawan(Back),Kohli (c), Pandey,Kedar,Pant (Wk),Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.

Reserves :- Rahul,Sundar,Axar,Siraj.

I'd really like to invest on new players rather than playing Nehra,Dhoni.There is no point in picking them in T20 squads

when we have enough upcoming talents.We need a backup of Hardik in LOIs and Vijay Shankar should be monitored

as his progress will give us a decent back up though clearly his bowling is pretty avg.

shankar's bowling is pretty ordinary. we need to look towards younger generation like nagarkoti or mavi.

4 players from current squad of Top 6 actually dont deserve a place in 

Dhoni, Jadhav, Dhawan, pandey in order.. 

We need a dasher at the top to take advantage of the top.. ALSO rahul is too gud player to sit out.. Best place for him to bat is to open...

NOW ROHit sharma has to bat at 4 and play the role of finisher as he does for Mi. That will solve our no.  4 prob atleast in t-20s

We need a fast bowling all rounder, ideally a left armer so that we can play 6 bowlers and 2 wrist spinners regularly without compromising in batting.. 

Rahul

Pant

Kohli

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Fast bowling Allrounder

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shankar has been a pretty effective short-format bowler in recent times.

Nagarkoti has started playing List A and I hope he gets picked up for IPL 2018.

I'd forgotten to see that the squad was for shorter formats. I guess shankar is more effective bowling wise in the shorter formats.

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

shankar's bowling is pretty ordinary. we need to look towards younger generation like nagarkoti or mavi.

We dnt have to use shankar like a 5th bowler, instead his role shud be of a 6th bowler

A job of bowling 4-5 overs max and if needed on rare occasion more then that. He is good enough to do that 

Odis

Rohit Sharma (c)

Shikar Dhawan

Lokesh Rahul

Manish Pandey

Dinesh Kartik

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Jasprit Bumrah

Yuz Chahal

Shami, Kuldeep Yadav , Rishab Pant, Kedar Jadhav

T20's

Lokesh Rahul,

Rohit Sharma(c)

Shreyas Iyer

Manish Pandey

Rishab Pant

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Jasprit Bumrah

Basil Thampi ?

Yuz Chahal

7 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

We need a dasher at the top to take advantage of the top.. ALSO rahul is too gud player to sit out.. Best place for him to bat is to open...

NOW ROHit sharma has to bat at 4 and play the role of finisher as he does for Mi. That will solve our no.  4 prob atleast in t-20s

We need a fast bowling all rounder, ideally a left armer so that we can play 6 bowlers and 2 wrist spinners regularly without compromising in batting.. 

Rahul

Pant

Kohli

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Fast bowling Allrounder

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

Kedar and Manish should get a run...I'll pick both of them over Raina anyday.

2 hours ago, Sooda said:

Odis

Rohit Sharma (c)

Shikar Dhawan

Lokesh Rahul

Manish Pandey

Dinesh Kartik

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Jasprit Bumrah

Yuz Chahal

Shami, Kuldeep Yadav , Rishab Pant, Kedar Jadhav

T20's

Lokesh Rahul,

Rohit Sharma(c)

Shreyas Iyer

Manish Pandey

Rishab Pant

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Jasprit Bumrah

Basil Thampi ?

Yuz Chahal

dinesh kartik, why o why, there are so many options better than this guy 

5 hours ago, Sooda said:

We have to rest Kohli for this series

And Let him play SL tests but not the SL LOIs. So when he goes to South Africa he is fresh

Doubt the brat will rest, he needs to maximize his runs in these sort of matches. He is the flat track king, the weak bowler bully....SA won't serve either of those 2 in January. After the 2015 series the Saffers will lay out Wimbledon lawn courts and let us admit, Shami and Umesh will outscore VK in those conditions. He needs to capitalize on the Lankans on home pattas, rack up a few 100s and his foolish followers will open another 10 threads hailing him as better than SRT-Viv-Bradman combined. Kohli and Bunty Sajdeh understand the psyche of Indian cricket fans very well, ofc real cricket fans see him for what he is worth but they are a minority. Even if Kohli flops 50 more times on difficult pitches(or against good bowling attacks on neutral pitches) and embarrasses himself like he always does in the WCs, he will be hailed as the greatest Indian batsman before 2023. 

T20s should be used as an experimental lab with rookies given chances in bulk. Any decent or half decent kid should be given a chance. Throw out veterans like Dhoni and Nehraji. They have no business playing t20s. Rahane should be nowhere close. Even Dhawan and Rohit should be on danger list of being thrown out if they do not bat at high strike rate after few chances.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Doubt the brat will rest, he needs to maximize his runs in these sort of matches. He is the flat track king, the weak bowler bully....SA won't serve either of those 2 in January. After the 2015 series the Saffers will lay out Wimbledon lawn courts and let us admit, Shami and Umesh will outscore VK in those conditions. He needs to capitalize on the Lankans on home pattas, rack up a few 100s and his foolish followers will open another 10 threads hailing him as better than SRT-Viv-Bradman combined. Kohli and Bunty Sajdeh understand the psyche of Indian cricket fans very well, ofc real cricket fans see him for what he is worth but they are a minority. Even if Kohli flops 50 more times on difficult pitches(or against good bowling attacks on neutral pitches) and embarrasses himself like he always does in the WCs, he will be hailed as the greatest Indian batsman before 2023. 

he has already been hailed thus by many people in ICF.

12 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Dhawan has been a consistent aggressive opener in ODIs. I wouldn't lose him for an inconsistent ever-injured Rahul.

In T20s, I agree we should get young blood

7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

dinesh kartik, why o why, there are so many options better than this guy 

Actually there are not that many better options.

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out