Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ShebbySB

Changes required in the ODI and T20 squad for NZ series

Recommended Posts

ODI :- Rohit,Dhawan (Back), Kohli (c), Pandey,Dhoni (Wk),Kedar,Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.So not too much changes in the first XI.

Reserves :- Rahane,Rahul,Axar,Siraj.

I'd continue picking squads without Ashwin,Jadeja,Shami,Umesh and let them concentrate on tests.

T20s :- Rohit,Dhawan(Back),Kohli (c), Pandey,Kedar,Pant (Wk),Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.

Reserves :- Rahul,Sundar,Axar,Siraj.

I'd really like to invest on new players rather than playing Nehra,Dhoni.There is no point in picking them in T20 squads

when we have enough upcoming talents.We need a backup of Hardik in LOIs and Vijay Shankar should be monitored

as his progress will give us a decent back up though clearly his bowling is pretty avg.

 

Edited by ShebbySB

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

ODI :- Rohit,Dhawan (Back), Kohli (c), Pandey,Dhoni (Wk),Kedar,Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.So not too much changes in the first XI.

Reserves :- Rahane,Rahul,Axar,Siraj.

I'd continue picking squads without Ashwin,Jadeja,Shami,Umesh and let them concentrate on tests.

T20s :- Rohit,Dhawan(Back),Kohli (c), Pandey,Kedar,Pant (Wk),Hardik,BK,Kuldeep,Chahal,Bumrah.

Reserves :- Rahul,Sundar,Axar,Siraj.

I'd really like to invest on new players rather than playing Nehra,Dhoni.There is no point in picking them in T20 squads

when we have enough upcoming talents.We need a backup of Hardik in LOIs and Vijay Shankar should be monitored

as his progress will give us a decent back up though clearly his bowling is pretty avg.

 

shankar's bowling is pretty ordinary. we need to look towards younger generation like nagarkoti or mavi.

Share this post


Link to post

4 players from current squad of Top 6 actually dont deserve a place in 

Dhoni, Jadhav, Dhawan, pandey in order.. 

 

We need a dasher at the top to take advantage of the top.. ALSO rahul is too gud player to sit out.. Best place for him to bat is to open...

NOW ROHit sharma has to bat at 4 and play the role of finisher as he does for Mi. That will solve our no.  4 prob atleast in t-20s

 

We need a fast bowling all rounder, ideally a left armer so that we can play 6 bowlers and 2 wrist spinners regularly without compromising in batting.. 

 

Rahul

Pant

Kohli

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Fast bowling Allrounder

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

Shankar has been a pretty effective short-format bowler in recent times.

 

Nagarkoti has started playing List A and I hope he gets picked up for IPL 2018.

I'd forgotten to see that the squad was for shorter formats. I guess shankar is more effective bowling wise in the shorter formats.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Vijy said:

shankar's bowling is pretty ordinary. we need to look towards younger generation like nagarkoti or mavi.

We dnt have to use shankar like a 5th bowler, instead his role shud be of a 6th bowler

A job of bowling 4-5 overs max and if needed on rare occasion more then that. He is good enough to do that 

Share this post


Link to post

Odis

 

Rohit Sharma (c)

Shikar Dhawan

Lokesh Rahul

Manish Pandey

Dinesh Kartik

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Jasprit Bumrah

Yuz Chahal

 

 Shami, Kuldeep Yadav , Rishab Pant, Kedar Jadhav

 

T20's

 

Lokesh Rahul,

Rohit Sharma(c)

Shreyas Iyer

Manish Pandey

Rishab Pant

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Jasprit Bumrah

Basil Thampi ?

Yuz Chahal

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

4 players from current squad of Top 6 actually dont deserve a place in 

Dhoni, Jadhav, Dhawan, pandey in order.. 

 

We need a dasher at the top to take advantage of the top.. ALSO rahul is too gud player to sit out.. Best place for him to bat is to open...

NOW ROHit sharma has to bat at 4 and play the role of finisher as he does for Mi. That will solve our no.  4 prob atleast in t-20s

 

We need a fast bowling all rounder, ideally a left armer so that we can play 6 bowlers and 2 wrist spinners regularly without compromising in batting.. 

 

Rahul

Pant

Kohli

Rohit

Raina

Pandya

Fast bowling Allrounder

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

Kedar and Manish should get a run...I'll pick both of them over Raina anyday.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sooda said:

Odis

 

Rohit Sharma (c)

Shikar Dhawan

Lokesh Rahul

Manish Pandey

Dinesh Kartik

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Jasprit Bumrah

Yuz Chahal

 

 Shami, Kuldeep Yadav , Rishab Pant, Kedar Jadhav

 

T20's

 

Lokesh Rahul,

Rohit Sharma(c)

Shreyas Iyer

Manish Pandey

Rishab Pant

Hardik Pandya

Krunal Pandya

Axar Patel

Jasprit Bumrah

Basil Thampi ?

Yuz Chahal

 

 

 

dinesh kartik, why o why, there are so many options better than this guy 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Sooda said:

We have to rest Kohli for this series

 

And Let him play SL tests but not the SL LOIs. So when he goes to South Africa he is fresh

Doubt the brat will rest, he needs to maximize his runs in these sort of matches. He is the flat track king, the weak bowler bully....SA won't serve either of those 2 in January. After the 2015 series the Saffers will lay out Wimbledon lawn courts and let us admit, Shami and Umesh will outscore VK in those conditions. He needs to capitalize on the Lankans on home pattas, rack up a few 100s and his foolish followers will open another 10 threads hailing him as better than SRT-Viv-Bradman combined. Kohli and Bunty Sajdeh understand the psyche of Indian cricket fans very well, ofc real cricket fans see him for what he is worth but they are a minority. Even if Kohli flops 50 more times on difficult pitches(or against good bowling attacks on neutral pitches) and embarrasses himself like he always does in the WCs, he will be hailed as the greatest Indian batsman before 2023. 

Share this post


Link to post

T20s should be used as an experimental lab with rookies given chances in bulk. Any decent or half decent kid should be given a chance. Throw out veterans like Dhoni and Nehraji. They have no business playing t20s. Rahane should be nowhere close. Even Dhawan and Rohit should be on danger list of being thrown out if they do not bat at high strike rate after few chances.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Doubt the brat will rest, he needs to maximize his runs in these sort of matches. He is the flat track king, the weak bowler bully....SA won't serve either of those 2 in January. After the 2015 series the Saffers will lay out Wimbledon lawn courts and let us admit, Shami and Umesh will outscore VK in those conditions. He needs to capitalize on the Lankans on home pattas, rack up a few 100s and his foolish followers will open another 10 threads hailing him as better than SRT-Viv-Bradman combined. Kohli and Bunty Sajdeh understand the psyche of Indian cricket fans very well, ofc real cricket fans see him for what he is worth but they are a minority. Even if Kohli flops 50 more times on difficult pitches(or against good bowling attacks on neutral pitches) and embarrasses himself like he always does in the WCs, he will be hailed as the greatest Indian batsman before 2023. 

he has already been hailed thus by many people in ICF.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

4 players from current squad of Top 6 actually dont deserve a place in 

Dhoni, Jadhav, Dhawan, pandey in order.. 

 

We need a dasher at the top to take advantage of the top.. ALSO rahul is too gud player to sit out.. Best place for him to bat is to open...

NOW ROHit sharma has to bat at 4 and play the role of finisher as he does for Mi. That will solve our no.  4 prob atleast in t-20s

 

We need a fast bowling all rounder, ideally a left armer so that we can play 6 bowlers and 2 wrist spinners regularly without compromising in batting.. 

Dhawan has been a consistent aggressive opener in ODIs. I wouldn't lose him for an inconsistent ever-injured Rahul.

 

In T20s, I agree we should get young blood

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

dinesh kartik, why o why, there are so many options better than this guy 

Actually there are not that many better options.

 

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

 

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Actually there are not that many better options.

 

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

 

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out

anyone is better than DK in terms of keeping, even Pappy Patel.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Actually there are not that many better options.

 

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

 

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out

hows he better, he scores in IPL and domestic all the time and choke in international cricket. 

How much chances does he deserve more, 13 yrs and he needs more chances sill 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hows he better, he scores in IPL and domestic all the time and choke in international cricket. 

How much chances does he deserve more, 13 yrs and he needs more chances sill 

these karthik fans will want him to play even at 45. always fails to deliver in the important matches. even in WI, he did badly in the more challenging pitch and scored on a fairly placid (and inconsequential) one.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hows he better, he scores in IPL and domestic all the time and choke in international cricket. 

How much chances does he deserve more, 13 yrs and he needs more chances sill 

He is the best domestic List A batsman. Hes only played 2 matches in his latest come back, deserves a few matches

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Sooda said:

He is the best domestic List A batsman. Hes only played 2 matches in his latest come back, deserves a few matches

Wasim Jaffer was the best ranji trophy batsman. There are some players only good at domestic. karthik is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Dhawan has been a consistent aggressive opener in ODIs. I wouldn't lose him for an inconsistent ever-injured Rahul.

 

In T20s, I agree we should get young blood

Whatever dhawan is, kl Rahul is much better player.  You can't put an opener at no. 4 and Expect same kind of performance.  Rahul is not getting fair chance due to kohli's selfishness.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sooda said:

He is the best domestic List A batsman. Hes only played 2 matches in his latest come back, deserves a few matches

If ur talking about proven domestic record well he is a proven international failure as well. IF it didnt happen in 13 yrs wnt happen now to . Giving him more chances is like robbing any youngsters of any chances. He had his chances, he can keep piling runs in domestic n IPL but its time pant, kishen shud be ahead of him. They might pass or fail but no point giving a failed candidate chance again n again

Share this post


Link to post

The ODI team is pretty good as is. 

 

The T20 team needs an almost complete overhaul. If the next WT20 isn't until 2020 as expected, there is no reason to continue with players like Dhawan, Dhoni, Nehra etc in the squad in this format. 

 

Now is the time to have Rahul, Thampi, Pant, and  other younger players to get experience in this format at an international level.  

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Wasim Jaffer was the best ranji trophy batsman. There are some players only good at domestic. karthik is one of them.

I Kinda agree.

 

karthik and even kedar has been too good in ranji and domestic cricket, even pankaj singh and vinay kumar were good in ranji and domestic cricket.

i told my bro that kedar will rock as an international player/batsman and i bet Kedar would have lost his place if his bowling would not have been the saving grace. I have been proved wrong.

even karthik proved me wrong more than a few times.

when Pankaj Singh debuted in a test match  I was Sure that he would rock as he had the fitness and experience to Succeed and he was bowling 132 to 140K which was not exactly trundling but I was proved wrong and he managed to get a single wicket in 2 tests, i guess- i looked Horrible as a cricket expert.

than even with abhey kuruvilla i was proved wrong, i had high expectations from him but he was a dud.

even with VRV Singh i had high hopes , i was proved a DUD analyst and he was proved as a dud bowler.

 

so Many players just tell us analysts that international level success is for real MAN and not many are meant for it.

just see pandya is succeeding in each and every match where as Binny and that rishi was a failure in most matches.

when we kinda give a thumbs up for each and every bowler , we should re think and then select the better one and then predict.

 

For me Siraj, Ankit rajpoot and Basil Thampi are the real deal and siraj and ankit rajpoot for tests and Thampi has yorkers so he should be marked only for ODI's. I kinda also believe that Sanghwan can also Succeed but he is not ahead of Siraj and Aniket.

 

So siraj and aniket even ahead of shardul thakur for tests.

 

All other upcoming pacers like avesh , navdeep saini ,aniket chowdhry and others are too raw at present. that tall left arm pacer Brar who debuted and succeeded is very good but he had Pace and stamina issue's so unless he improves he won't succeed.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

if new zealand series is going to be in india its going to be an opportunity to for us to test our SIRAJ Shardul and Aniket rajput and even thampi and give rest to bhuvi, bumrah,shammi and umesh in a rotation..kinda playing one new bowler in every match, that should be a good opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post

Rahul, pant to open.. Bring rohit at 4..bRing back raina.. Boot out dhoni, dhawan, pandey and nehra.. Also bring a young fast bolwer and play with 3 pacers and six bolwers including hardik. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Rahul, pant to open.. Bring rohit at 4..bRing back raina.. Boot out dhoni, dhawan, pandey and nehra.. Also bring a young fast bolwer and play with 3 pacers and six bolwers including hardik. 

Rohit in middle order has been a failed experiment. Lets not go back there

No dnt give raina free caps let him atleast score runs in domestic and if yo-yo test is the criteria he shud clear it 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, Sooda said:

We have to rest Kohli for this series

 

And Let him play SL tests but not the SL LOIs. So when he goes to South Africa he is fresh

YEs kohli has to be rested now some were

T20 series against NZ and ODi series vs SL for sure, m not sure he ll be rested in Odi's vs NZ

 

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit in middle order has been a failed experiment. Lets not go back there

No dnt give raina free caps let him atleast score runs in domestic and if yo-yo test is the criteria he shud clear it 

I am not talking abt odi games.. T-20 is a different format all together... He does it for mumbai india.. ALSO he can settle it at that position and then gi beserk.. 

 

Two accumaletrs in the team kohli and rohit at 3 and 4 with dashers playing around them.. RAHUL is a proper opener.. Pant the dasher to take advantage of field restriction.. Then 2 accumaletrs in kohli and rohit.. No. 5 raina who can get going from the word go then blast with pandya brothers at 6 and 7

 

In foregn condition u can play just one spinner with jadhav raina and pandya 5th bowler.. Also make rohit captain in t-20 as kohli is too rigid and one dimensional 

 

Rahul/pant/kohli/rohit(c)/raina/jadhav/pandya/kuldeep/bhuvi/bumrah/thampi

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

I am not talking abt odi games.. T-20 is a different format all together... He does it for mumbai india.. ALSO he can settle it at that position and then gi beserk.. 

 

Two accumaletrs in the team kohli and rohit at 3 and 4 with dashers playing around them.. RAHUL is a proper opener.. Pant the dasher to take advantage of field restriction.. Then 2 accumaletrs in kohli and rohit.. No. 5 raina who can get going from the word go then blast with pandya brothers at 6 and 7

 

In foregn condition u can play just one spinner with jadhav raina and pandya 5th bowler.. Also make rohit captain in t-20 as kohli is too rigid and one dimensional 

 

Rahul/pant/kohli/rohit(c)/raina/jadhav/pandya/kuldeep/bhuvi/bumrah/thampi

He takes to much time to get going, not a good solution in t20 .....neither he rotates like a kohli. Already we are not getting rid of dhoni in t20

Why do u need accumlators in t20......thats such a defensive ploy.

Rahul has done well at 4 in IPL and has a international 100 at 4 in t20. He has the game for a batsman at 4

 

Pant - he is not considered as opener by his state side or even India-A so i dnt see him becoming an opener 

Jadhav and raina- only one shud play among them 

 

I agree on making rohit captain 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×