Kagiso Rabada [100 test wickets]

I wouldn't anoint him just yet.   Let's see how he does against India in Jan.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/550215.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=series

He averaged 39 runs per wicket in New Zealand, which is not exactly a graveyard for pace bowling.  And 29 in his most recent series in England, where Morkel was the best bowler across both teams.  

Quality bowler, great potential, but hold the 'ATG' talk for 3-4 years.  

Edited by sandeep
Added stats.

Good SA pacers always end up with great stats

As their pitches  offer pace, bounce and seam movement .... the most helpful pitches to bowl on  all over the world for seamers.

I would like to see how he does in Asia before deciding his quality .... till now, average of 55 in Asia.

If quality of batters like Sehwag and Pujara and spinners like Ash and Jaddu are questioned for non-Asian performances then why not the same yardstick for  'phoren '  pacers !

29 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As their pitches  offer pace, bounce and seam movement .... the most helpful pitches to bowl on  all over the world for seamers.

I would like to see how he does in Asia before deciding his quality .... till now, average of 55 in Asia.

If quality of batters like Sehwag and Pujara and spinners like Ash and Jaddu are questioned for non-Asian performances then why not the same yardstick for  'phoren '  pacers !

steyn was very accomplished in asia at his peak too.

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Most of them tend to do well in Asia too. If they don't run through the sides, they don't produce 150-0 type figures either. The match where Sehwag scored 319, Steyn still managed to take 100-4.

He can do well in SL and Bangladesh. UAE is dead for pacers. India is most difficult place for any type of bowler at this time.

Just now, express bowling said:

Yes, average of 23  ... and his ATG status is unquestioned too     : )

right. most SC pacers were excellent in SC too. Two W's, Srinath, etc. It always surprised me how some Indian pacers did ordinarily on pace-friendly pitches and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Most of them tend to do well in Asia too. If they don't run through the sides, they don't produce 150-0 type figures either. The match where Sehwag scored 319, Steyn still managed to take 100-4.

Steyn, Donald, Pollock are unquestioned ATGs .... talking about Ntini type pacers whose average is better than any Indian pacer ever but average of 40 in Asia.  Philander has been mediocre in Asia too.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

India is most difficult place for any type of bowler at this time.

Not if you can reverse it.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Steyn, Donald, Pollock are unquestioned ATGs .... talking about Ntini type pacers whose average is better than any Indian pacer ever but average of 40 in Asia.  Philander has been mediocre in Asia too.

Not if you can reverse it.

Pollock fell off in the later parts of his career. Yes, in India, reverse swing pacers do well.

27 minutes ago, Vijy said:

right. most SC pacers were excellent in SC too. Two W's, Srinath, etc. It always surprised me how some Indian pacers did ordinarily on pace-friendly pitches and vice versa.

Lack of 3rd seamer, and an inability to quickly adjust and maintain the correct lengths that are required is the reason.