Supreme Court banned sale of crackers in Delhi

surajmal

It is a stupid ban. More likely to goad people into buying.

Ncr doesn't have enough police to monitor.

I haven't held a  cracker for  years...now I can't even if I want because I will get a lecture from kiddo.Most of my friends and family don't buy crackers.

Most schools are doing a great job in education kids about the polution caused by crackers .That is the way to bring about change .

Even the  sounds from outside during Diwali have been much less in the last few years.

SC forcing people to celebrate a certain way is an over reach .

I'm going to make sure everyone in my extended family triples their firecracker budget. To hell with SC. 

If smog is such a problem, ban cars or get a handle on Punjab/Haryana farmers who burn stubble. Dont you dare touch my 10000 wali lari. 

I hope NCR is lit like Baghdad was in March 2003. 

fireworks-animated-gif-7.gif?w=450&h=273

Jai Shree Ram. 

On Bakrid lakhs of animals are slaughtered causing soil and water pollution. Besides the Muslims torture the animals endlessly unlike Hindus/Sikhs who use jhatka method. But according to leftists only Diwali/Holi cause pollution/wastage of water, only rakshabandhan is male chauvinism and only jallikattu (where the bull is not killed, in fact treated with love) is animal cruelty. * the SC, * the self loathing Hindus who occupy such positions. I generally am not too keen on Diwali unlike Holi or Dahi Handi but boy o boy, I will light up my street this year.  

37 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Chennai was brought to a halt for a small time festival like jallikattu. If Diwali night sky isnt lit up like 12 noon, northies should be ashamed. 

Time for SC lords to realize their aukaad...

their aukaad, is their legal mandate - they are the overlord of applied law, period. I hope SC and the police teach a sharp lesson to any criminal who breaks law trying to show the highest court its 'place'. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Good decision by the SC. Diwali, Bakri Eid, all these things need to be banned for common good. 

But thing is Bakr Eid won't ever be banned by these loonies. If they had the guts to ban Bakr Eid, @surajmal wouldn't have started this thread. This selective targeting of Hindu festivals is what irks many. 

Just now, Gollum said:

But thing is Bakr Eid won't ever be banned by these loonies. If they had the guts to ban Bakr Eid, @surajmal wouldn't have started this thread. This selective targeting of Hindu festivals is what irks many. 

Ok. Then i'd make a case for momentum & petition to ban Bakri eid. 

But this whole ' muslims get to do something silly, so we should also be allowed to something silly, pointless and hazardous' is a flawed logic. And i doubt SurajMal would've resisted making this thread if the muslim stuff was banned as well- his post makes it very clear, he wants hindu nonsense to propagate, period. 

25 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok. Then i'd make a case for momentum & petition to ban Bakri eid. 

But this whole ' muslims get to do something silly, so we should also be allowed to something silly, pointless and hazardous' is a flawed logic. And i doubt SurajMal would've resisted making this thread if the muslim stuff was banned as well- his post makes it very clear, he wants hindu nonsense to propagate, period. 

I think this order reeks of judicial over reach. This sets a very bad precedent, banning anything in this age is a strict no no for me, be it banning of beef or alcohol or crackers. It is wiser to have strict safeguards and regulations rather than outright banning. For instance the SC could have called for regulatory measures or ordered the ban of certain harmful/toxic chemicals used in crackers that ultimately cause severe air pollution. 

Besides firecrackers aren't even the main source of air pollution in Delhi this time of the year. http://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/nasa-pics-delhi-pollution-smog-in-delhi-punjab-haryana-farmers-burning-crops-delhi-pollution-latest-news/438050/

Paddy stubble burning in neighboring states of Punjab/Haryana coupled with air circulation patterns in NCR cause this intense smog. We can't even blame the farmers here because there is very little time between the rice harvesting(October 2nd week) and wheat sowing(November 1st week). Paddy was never a main crop in those 2 states until the 2000s. It is only in the last 15 odd years that they have started growing wheat and paddy in rotation. Combine harvesters cut the crop well above the ground leaving only the stubble. Farmers then usually have to manually cut the stubble. If it is wheat they generally use the wheat residue as animal feed. On the other hand they don't bother collecting rice stubble because it can't be used as animal fodder (rice straw in those 2 states has high silica content and hence is dangerous for consumption by animals). Hence they simply burn the rice stubble, unwilling to incur high cost and energy on collecting them (can't really blame them tbh). Biomass by processing paddy straw can provide clean and reliable energy. Unlike Karnataka, the northern states don't have many biomass based power generation plants. Paddy straw is an ideal raw material for such plants. I wish the concerned people invest in such paddy stubble based power plants in north India, thus taking care of the annual stubble burning problem and employing many people in the process. They can even look into the possibilities of converting rice stubble to manure through some compost technique. Research should be directed towards how paddy straw can be used in cardboard making or paper making, the possibilities are endless. 

Leaving all this the SC has taken the cop-out decision of imposing a blanket ban on firecrackers. Diwali is celebrated as much/even more vigorously in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai (maximum crackers are burst in this city from personal experience) but these cities don't have the same smog problem as Delhi. Can't these judges figure out the reason why? Kejri did the odd-even experiment last year same time but even that didn't solve the air pollution problem. How can it when the main reason for this problem originates in 2 other states and not Delhi. Not just Delhi, even Lahore has the same problem on an annual basis. If Hindus are pissed off with this order, can't really blame them. 

I do not believe/do it so I will enforce that on everybody else. This is freely applied when it's Hindu issues. But if other communities, it changes to who am I to decide, non-interference.

And on this particular issue, some can have lavish parties, travel aboard. But for many Indians, it's occasions like Diwali where they get to celebrate fully. And now that's taken away from them. Will it be Holi next?

Oh man. you guys are really pi$$ed off with this ban. I personally welcome the ban. This will certainly reduce the intensity of polution. Even though I like the ban myself but i feel this was overreach by SC this time. 

And yes our system is fattu when it comes to dealing with even terrorist organizations like PFI. Not allowing Durga Visarjan, now diwali crackers, oh the list is long. Aare bhai tum log chahte kya ho. 

6 minutes ago, surajmal said:

If Namo doesn't come with an ordinance , I am done with bjp. 

Going by their own ministers tweets, ie Dr Harshvardhan, some of them are celebrating the move.

Honestly speaking, 

This is why it's better if Hindus tactically vote for parties:  particularly regional parties,  based on who will actually do stuff that they need, ie repealing RTE, Temple control, etc.  

Hindus should stop being useless and just selling their votes to the national parties (INC and BJP) who suck their blood to feed non-Hindus.