Supreme Court banned sale of crackers in Delhi

surajmal

58 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

Oh man. you guys are really pi$$ed off with this ban. I personally welcome the ban. This will certainly reduce the intensity of polution. Even though I like the ban myself but i feel this was overreach by SC this time. 

And yes our system is fattu when it comes to dealing with even terrorist organizations like PFI. Not allowing Durga Visarjan, now diwali crackers, oh the list is long. Aare bhai tum log chahte kya ho. 

No it will not. Diwali or vehicles aren't the reason for Delhi's air pollution this time of the year. I have highlighted the real issue in a previous post in this thread-'paddy stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana'. Kejri's odd-even formula though admirable had no effect on air pollution. This cracker ban too won't have any effect. 

In spite of hardcore Periyar influence Tamils came out in large numbers (peaceful protest, no violence) during jallikattu ban. Hats of to them, they even celebrated the festival in spite of the ban with police watching, many including leaders courted arrest. Wish NCR Hindus come out in millions that day and defy this stupid ban. Knowing the people of Delhi and the reaction of some of my Delhi friends here, Delhi police will have their task cut out on Diwali night. I say bring it on. 

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Going by their own ministers tweets, ie Dr Harshvardhan, some of them are celebrating the move.

Honestly speaking, 

This is why it's better if Hindus tactically vote for parties:  particularly regional parties,  based on who will actually do stuff that they need, ie repealing RTE, Temple control, etc.  

Hindus should stop being useless and just selling their votes to the national parties (INC and BJP) who suck their blood to feed non-Hindus. 

That asura Harshvardhan deleted his tweets after getting mauled by annoyed hindus. faack, this BJP has been a disappointment. Hindus need to turn towards sympathetic (or our own) advocacy groups, forget political parties. Get the temples freed first and use to funds to fight for remaining hindu causes. 

I'm done with shouting equal application of unjust laws. I want freedom to live my life the way I wish. If desert cultists like their barbarian ways, go nuts. Just leave me the * alone. Libtards are itching for a confrontation and they will get it. 

Edited by surajmal

17 minutes ago, surajmal said:

That asura Harshvardhan deleted his tweets after getting mauled by annoyed hindus. faack, this BJP has been a disappointment. Hindus need to turn towards sympathetic (or our own) advocacy groups, forget political parties. Get the temples freed first and use to funds to fight for remaining hindu causes. 

I'm done with shouting equal implementation of unjust laws. I want freedom to live my life the way I wish. If desert cultists like their barbarian ways, go nuts. Just leave me the * alone. If libtards are itching for a confrontation, they will get it. 

Why not ask for equal laws that removes ANY old, inferior ideology from public space/life ? If someone wants to worship a rock, moon, star, blow up firecrackers, sacrifice a goat etc- do it inside your own home. 

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

their aukaad, is their legal mandate - they are the overlord of applied law, period. I hope SC and the police teach a sharp lesson to any criminal who breaks law trying to show the highest court its 'place'. 

Their legal mandate isnt to make policies and ban things. Under what law have they banned firecrackers? This is going into the territory of the legislature and executive.

The SC snatched away these powers in 1997 by creating a Collegium, a body that has no mention in the constitution. The Indian judiciary lacks accountability and Transparency. They have continued to wield this power because since 1997 no single majority govt has come to power.This sort of interference in policy matters wont last long.

The SC and Police also tried to teach a sharp lesson to the criminals who apparently broke "LAW" between 1974 to 1977. We know the end result.

When repression is the LAW, Resistance is the Duty.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Their legal mandate isnt to make policies and ban things. Under what law have they banned firecrackers? This is going into the territory of the legislative and executive.

The SC snatched away these powers in 1997 by creating a Collegium, a body that has no mention in the constitution. The Indian judiciary lacks accountability and Transparency. They have continued to wield this power because since 1997 no single majority govt has come to power.This sort of interference in policy matters wont last long.

The SC and Police also tried to teach a sharp lesson to the criminals who apparently broke "LAW" between 1974 to 1977. We know the end result.

When repression is the LAW, Resistance is the Duty.

Indeed, but through mechanisms put in place. Not rebellion. Rebellion, by default, is anti-statist and therefore, anti-national.  But yes, i've been going hoarse for years now, asking Indians to demand more $$ and investment in the judiciary and police system.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Hindus must get ready for the next ban, on cremating dead bodies.

I don't think that will ever happen. Supreme court will be very hard pressed to argue against ground pollution created by stuffing dead bodies underground for burial, for 1 billion Hindus. Compared to that level of pollution (which is also far more persistent), cremation is far more eco-friendly.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Indeed, but through mechanisms put in place. Not rebellion. Rebellion, by default, is anti-statist and therefore, anti-national.  But yes, i've been going hoarse for years now, asking Indians to demand more $$ and investment in the judiciary and police system.

What mechanism is in place to challenge people who self appoint themselves?Who cannot be asked to be accountable?Who strike down every law that tries to make them accountable? Who snatched away power by means of a judgement giving themselves the power to appoint themselves?

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Why not ask for equal laws that removes ANY old, inferior ideology from public space/life ? If someone wants to worship a rock, moon, star, blow up firecrackers, sacrifice a goat etc- do it inside your own home. 

Thats Saudi Arabia. Other than one religion, everything else is inferior and should never be in public life, only can practice in very private space. Such thing is not possible in secular India.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't think that will ever happen. Supreme court will be very hard pressed to argue against ground pollution created by stuffing dead bodies underground for burial, for 1 billion Hindus. Compared to that level of pollution (which is also far more persistent), cremation is far more eco-friendly.

They will order that cremations be done in furnaces.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

Thats Saudi Arabia. Other than one religion, everything else is inferior and should never be in public life, only can practice in very private space. Such thing is not possible in secular India.

In many secular countries, government literally does not pander to ANY religion, except for 2-3 days of the year being public holidays. All 'religious acts' are out of public space & public time. That is true secularism. India's version is demented.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

No it will not. Diwali or vehicles aren't the reason for Delhi's air pollution this time of the year. I have highlighted the real issue in a previous post in this thread-'paddy stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana'. Kejri's odd-even formula though admirable had no effect on air pollution. This cracker ban too won't have any effect. 

Here it is unlike any other city on diwali night. Hindus should have been celebrating this decision....But I guess many of us do not care about our own health and obviously do not give a f*** about health of others including older people.

Me and my family had anyways planned to go outside delhi on diwali due to pollution. We have an air purifier, I doubt even that would have helped on diwali.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

They will order that cremations be done in furnaces.

Err, don't most hindus cremate in furnaces anyways ?! The last time i saw a standard 'chita' was when i was a kid....every other death i've known for the last 20 years in India amongst hindus - friends, family, etc- all of them went the 'electric chula' way...

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Err, don't most hindus cremate in furnaces anyways ?! The last time i saw a standard 'chita' was when i was a kid....every other death i've known for the last 20 years in India amongst hindus - friends, family, etc- all of them went the 'electric chula' way...

No.Not always and certainly not in non metros.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

In many secular countries, government literally does not pander to ANY religion, except for 2-3 days of the year being public holidays. All 'religious acts' are out of public space & public time. That is true secularism. India's version is demented.

Again Saudi version. Other than one religion, everything else is restricted and must be kept out of public space. Secular governments actually allow people to practise their beliefs freely without need for secrecy. 

You really should go to Saudi if you want your secular version

19 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Bad post. Drawing conclusions using some random observation and limited sample size

Edited by someone