Sign in to follow this  
surajmal

Supreme Court banned sale of crackers in Delhi

It is a stupid ban. More likely to goad people into buying.

Ncr doesn't have enough police to monitor.

I haven't held a  cracker for  years...now I can't even if I want because I will get a lecture from kiddo.Most of my friends and family don't buy crackers.

Most schools are doing a great job in education kids about the polution caused by crackers .That is the way to bring about change .

Even the  sounds from outside during Diwali have been much less in the last few years.

SC forcing people to celebrate a certain way is an over reach .

I'm going to make sure everyone in my extended family triples their firecracker budget. To hell with SC. 

If smog is such a problem, ban cars or get a handle on Punjab/Haryana farmers who burn stubble. Dont you dare touch my 10000 wali lari. 

I hope NCR is lit like Baghdad was in March 2003. 

fireworks-animated-gif-7.gif?w=450&h=273

Jai Shree Ram. 

On Bakrid lakhs of animals are slaughtered causing soil and water pollution. Besides the Muslims torture the animals endlessly unlike Hindus/Sikhs who use jhatka method. But according to leftists only Diwali/Holi cause pollution/wastage of water, only rakshabandhan is male chauvinism and only jallikattu (where the bull is not killed, in fact treated with love) is animal cruelty. * the SC, * the self loathing Hindus who occupy such positions. I generally am not too keen on Diwali unlike Holi or Dahi Handi but boy o boy, I will light up my street this year.  

37 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Chennai was brought to a halt for a small time festival like jallikattu. If Diwali night sky isnt lit up like 12 noon, northies should be ashamed. 

Time for SC lords to realize their aukaad...

their aukaad, is their legal mandate - they are the overlord of applied law, period. I hope SC and the police teach a sharp lesson to any criminal who breaks law trying to show the highest court its 'place'. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Good decision by the SC. Diwali, Bakri Eid, all these things need to be banned for common good. 

But thing is Bakr Eid won't ever be banned by these loonies. If they had the guts to ban Bakr Eid, @surajmal wouldn't have started this thread. This selective targeting of Hindu festivals is what irks many. 

Just now, Gollum said:

But thing is Bakr Eid won't ever be banned by these loonies. If they had the guts to ban Bakr Eid, @surajmal wouldn't have started this thread. This selective targeting of Hindu festivals is what irks many. 

Ok. Then i'd make a case for momentum & petition to ban Bakri eid. 

But this whole ' muslims get to do something silly, so we should also be allowed to something silly, pointless and hazardous' is a flawed logic. And i doubt SurajMal would've resisted making this thread if the muslim stuff was banned as well- his post makes it very clear, he wants hindu nonsense to propagate, period. 

25 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok. Then i'd make a case for momentum & petition to ban Bakri eid. 

But this whole ' muslims get to do something silly, so we should also be allowed to something silly, pointless and hazardous' is a flawed logic. And i doubt SurajMal would've resisted making this thread if the muslim stuff was banned as well- his post makes it very clear, he wants hindu nonsense to propagate, period. 

I think this order reeks of judicial over reach. This sets a very bad precedent, banning anything in this age is a strict no no for me, be it banning of beef or alcohol or crackers. It is wiser to have strict safeguards and regulations rather than outright banning. For instance the SC could have called for regulatory measures or ordered the ban of certain harmful/toxic chemicals used in crackers that ultimately cause severe air pollution. 

Besides firecrackers aren't even the main source of air pollution in Delhi this time of the year. http://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/nasa-pics-delhi-pollution-smog-in-delhi-punjab-haryana-farmers-burning-crops-delhi-pollution-latest-news/438050/

Paddy stubble burning in neighboring states of Punjab/Haryana coupled with air circulation patterns in NCR cause this intense smog. We can't even blame the farmers here because there is very little time between the rice harvesting(October 2nd week) and wheat sowing(November 1st week). Paddy was never a main crop in those 2 states until the 2000s. It is only in the last 15 odd years that they have started growing wheat and paddy in rotation. Combine harvesters cut the crop well above the ground leaving only the stubble. Farmers then usually have to manually cut the stubble. If it is wheat they generally use the wheat residue as animal feed. On the other hand they don't bother collecting rice stubble because it can't be used as animal fodder (rice straw in those 2 states has high silica content and hence is dangerous for consumption by animals). Hence they simply burn the rice stubble, unwilling to incur high cost and energy on collecting them (can't really blame them tbh). Biomass by processing paddy straw can provide clean and reliable energy. Unlike Karnataka, the northern states don't have many biomass based power generation plants. Paddy straw is an ideal raw material for such plants. I wish the concerned people invest in such paddy stubble based power plants in north India, thus taking care of the annual stubble burning problem and employing many people in the process. They can even look into the possibilities of converting rice stubble to manure through some compost technique. Research should be directed towards how paddy straw can be used in cardboard making or paper making, the possibilities are endless. 

Leaving all this the SC has taken the cop-out decision of imposing a blanket ban on firecrackers. Diwali is celebrated as much/even more vigorously in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai (maximum crackers are burst in this city from personal experience) but these cities don't have the same smog problem as Delhi. Can't these judges figure out the reason why? Kejri did the odd-even experiment last year same time but even that didn't solve the air pollution problem. How can it when the main reason for this problem originates in 2 other states and not Delhi. Not just Delhi, even Lahore has the same problem on an annual basis. If Hindus are pissed off with this order, can't really blame them. 

I do not believe/do it so I will enforce that on everybody else. This is freely applied when it's Hindu issues. But if other communities, it changes to who am I to decide, non-interference.

And on this particular issue, some can have lavish parties, travel aboard. But for many Indians, it's occasions like Diwali where they get to celebrate fully. And now that's taken away from them. Will it be Holi next?

Oh man. you guys are really pi$$ed off with this ban. I personally welcome the ban. This will certainly reduce the intensity of polution. Even though I like the ban myself but i feel this was overreach by SC this time. 

And yes our system is fattu when it comes to dealing with even terrorist organizations like PFI. Not allowing Durga Visarjan, now diwali crackers, oh the list is long. Aare bhai tum log chahte kya ho. 

6 minutes ago, surajmal said:

If Namo doesn't come with an ordinance , I am done with bjp. 

Going by their own ministers tweets, ie Dr Harshvardhan, some of them are celebrating the move.

Honestly speaking, 

This is why it's better if Hindus tactically vote for parties:  particularly regional parties,  based on who will actually do stuff that they need, ie repealing RTE, Temple control, etc.  

Hindus should stop being useless and just selling their votes to the national parties (INC and BJP) who suck their blood to feed non-Hindus. 

58 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

Oh man. you guys are really pi$$ed off with this ban. I personally welcome the ban. This will certainly reduce the intensity of polution. Even though I like the ban myself but i feel this was overreach by SC this time. 

And yes our system is fattu when it comes to dealing with even terrorist organizations like PFI. Not allowing Durga Visarjan, now diwali crackers, oh the list is long. Aare bhai tum log chahte kya ho. 

No it will not. Diwali or vehicles aren't the reason for Delhi's air pollution this time of the year. I have highlighted the real issue in a previous post in this thread-'paddy stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana'. Kejri's odd-even formula though admirable had no effect on air pollution. This cracker ban too won't have any effect. 

In spite of hardcore Periyar influence Tamils came out in large numbers (peaceful protest, no violence) during jallikattu ban. Hats of to them, they even celebrated the festival in spite of the ban with police watching, many including leaders courted arrest. Wish NCR Hindus come out in millions that day and defy this stupid ban. Knowing the people of Delhi and the reaction of some of my Delhi friends here, Delhi police will have their task cut out on Diwali night. I say bring it on. 

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Going by their own ministers tweets, ie Dr Harshvardhan, some of them are celebrating the move.

Honestly speaking, 

This is why it's better if Hindus tactically vote for parties:  particularly regional parties,  based on who will actually do stuff that they need, ie repealing RTE, Temple control, etc.  

Hindus should stop being useless and just selling their votes to the national parties (INC and BJP) who suck their blood to feed non-Hindus. 

That asura Harshvardhan deleted his tweets after getting mauled by annoyed hindus. faack, this BJP has been a disappointment. Hindus need to turn towards sympathetic (or our own) advocacy groups, forget political parties. Get the temples freed first and use to funds to fight for remaining hindu causes. 

I'm done with shouting equal application of unjust laws. I want freedom to live my life the way I wish. If desert cultists like their barbarian ways, go nuts. Just leave me the * alone. Libtards are itching for a confrontation and they will get it. 

Edited by surajmal

17 minutes ago, surajmal said:

That asura Harshvardhan deleted his tweets after getting mauled by annoyed hindus. faack, this BJP has been a disappointment. Hindus need to turn towards sympathetic (or our own) advocacy groups, forget political parties. Get the temples freed first and use to funds to fight for remaining hindu causes. 

I'm done with shouting equal implementation of unjust laws. I want freedom to live my life the way I wish. If desert cultists like their barbarian ways, go nuts. Just leave me the * alone. If libtards are itching for a confrontation, they will get it. 

Why not ask for equal laws that removes ANY old, inferior ideology from public space/life ? If someone wants to worship a rock, moon, star, blow up firecrackers, sacrifice a goat etc- do it inside your own home. 

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

their aukaad, is their legal mandate - they are the overlord of applied law, period. I hope SC and the police teach a sharp lesson to any criminal who breaks law trying to show the highest court its 'place'. 

Their legal mandate isnt to make policies and ban things. Under what law have they banned firecrackers? This is going into the territory of the legislature and executive.

The SC snatched away these powers in 1997 by creating a Collegium, a body that has no mention in the constitution. The Indian judiciary lacks accountability and Transparency. They have continued to wield this power because since 1997 no single majority govt has come to power.This sort of interference in policy matters wont last long.

The SC and Police also tried to teach a sharp lesson to the criminals who apparently broke "LAW" between 1974 to 1977. We know the end result.

When repression is the LAW, Resistance is the Duty.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Their legal mandate isnt to make policies and ban things. Under what law have they banned firecrackers? This is going into the territory of the legislative and executive.

The SC snatched away these powers in 1997 by creating a Collegium, a body that has no mention in the constitution. The Indian judiciary lacks accountability and Transparency. They have continued to wield this power because since 1997 no single majority govt has come to power.This sort of interference in policy matters wont last long.

The SC and Police also tried to teach a sharp lesson to the criminals who apparently broke "LAW" between 1974 to 1977. We know the end result.

When repression is the LAW, Resistance is the Duty.

Indeed, but through mechanisms put in place. Not rebellion. Rebellion, by default, is anti-statist and therefore, anti-national.  But yes, i've been going hoarse for years now, asking Indians to demand more $$ and investment in the judiciary and police system.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Hindus must get ready for the next ban, on cremating dead bodies.

I don't think that will ever happen. Supreme court will be very hard pressed to argue against ground pollution created by stuffing dead bodies underground for burial, for 1 billion Hindus. Compared to that level of pollution (which is also far more persistent), cremation is far more eco-friendly.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Indeed, but through mechanisms put in place. Not rebellion. Rebellion, by default, is anti-statist and therefore, anti-national.  But yes, i've been going hoarse for years now, asking Indians to demand more $$ and investment in the judiciary and police system.

What mechanism is in place to challenge people who self appoint themselves?Who cannot be asked to be accountable?Who strike down every law that tries to make them accountable? Who snatched away power by means of a judgement giving themselves the power to appoint themselves?

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Why not ask for equal laws that removes ANY old, inferior ideology from public space/life ? If someone wants to worship a rock, moon, star, blow up firecrackers, sacrifice a goat etc- do it inside your own home. 

Thats Saudi Arabia. Other than one religion, everything else is inferior and should never be in public life, only can practice in very private space. Such thing is not possible in secular India.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't think that will ever happen. Supreme court will be very hard pressed to argue against ground pollution created by stuffing dead bodies underground for burial, for 1 billion Hindus. Compared to that level of pollution (which is also far more persistent), cremation is far more eco-friendly.

They will order that cremations be done in furnaces.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

Thats Saudi Arabia. Other than one religion, everything else is inferior and should never be in public life, only can practice in very private space. Such thing is not possible in secular India.

In many secular countries, government literally does not pander to ANY religion, except for 2-3 days of the year being public holidays. All 'religious acts' are out of public space & public time. That is true secularism. India's version is demented.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

No it will not. Diwali or vehicles aren't the reason for Delhi's air pollution this time of the year. I have highlighted the real issue in a previous post in this thread-'paddy stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana'. Kejri's odd-even formula though admirable had no effect on air pollution. This cracker ban too won't have any effect. 

Here it is unlike any other city on diwali night. Hindus should have been celebrating this decision....But I guess many of us do not care about our own health and obviously do not give a f*** about health of others including older people.

Me and my family had anyways planned to go outside delhi on diwali due to pollution. We have an air purifier, I doubt even that would have helped on diwali.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

They will order that cremations be done in furnaces.

Err, don't most hindus cremate in furnaces anyways ?! The last time i saw a standard 'chita' was when i was a kid....every other death i've known for the last 20 years in India amongst hindus - friends, family, etc- all of them went the 'electric chula' way...

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Err, don't most hindus cremate in furnaces anyways ?! The last time i saw a standard 'chita' was when i was a kid....every other death i've known for the last 20 years in India amongst hindus - friends, family, etc- all of them went the 'electric chula' way...

No.Not always and certainly not in non metros.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

In many secular countries, government literally does not pander to ANY religion, except for 2-3 days of the year being public holidays. All 'religious acts' are out of public space & public time. That is true secularism. India's version is demented.

Again Saudi version. Other than one religion, everything else is restricted and must be kept out of public space. Secular governments actually allow people to practise their beliefs freely without need for secrecy. 

You really should go to Saudi if you want your secular version

19 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Bad post. Drawing conclusions using some random observation and limited sample size

Edited by someone

57 minutes ago, someone said:

Again Saudi version. Other than one religion, everything else is restricted and must be kept out of public space. Secular governments actually allow people to practise their beliefs freely without need for secrecy. 

You really should go to Saudi if you want your secular version

How is it Saudi version, when no religion gets any public space or time ??

Secular governments remove public support of any religion,except for declaring certain religious days as public holidays. You have full freedom to do what you want with religion in Canada - in your free time, in your home. You cant bring your religious preaching to work,to office, to school, to public domain.

Edited by Muloghonto

How is it Saudi version, when no religion gets any public space or time ??

Secular governments remove public support of any religion,except for declaring certain religious days as public holidays. You have full freedom to do what you want with religion in Canada - in your free time, in your home. You cant bring your religious preaching to work,to office, to school, to public domain.

Secular governments do not give preferential  treatment to any religion, yet they provide support to religions if possible. You need a temple, mosque, church, ask the government they will help.... There are many public celebrations of different festivals and you can freely display your religious identity in every public domain. Secular governments does not mean atheism.

8 minutes ago, someone said:

Secular governments do not give preferential  treatment to any religion, yet they provide support to religions if possible. You need a temple, mosque, church, ask the government they will help.... There are many public celebrations of different festivals and you can freely display your religious identity in every public domain. Secular governments does not mean atheism.

Bolded part- not in many secular countries. You think you are getting a government loan in Canada to build a temple ?! sorry, not happening. 

Secular government means separation of church and state. Which means no influence of religion on the state process. Ie, no extra consideration given for any religious rituals,process, etc. The only realistic compromise is public holidays. 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You can find many instances of this hypocrisy from fiberals to Bollywood cricketers enjoying crackers on new year or on July 4 .. 

Bolded part- not in many secular countries. You think you are getting a government loan in Canada to build a temple ?! sorry, not happening. 

Secular government means separation of church and state. Which means no influence of religion on the state process. Ie, no extra consideration given for any religious rituals,process, etc. The only realistic compromise is public holidays. 

Now, that's correct and so you were wrong in your earlier definition of secular government. It is separation but if church needs some protection, gov has duty to help it although not at the expense of other religion. It's not atheist governance . So for you to say citizens cannot have religion in public domain is wrong. That is like Saudi version for all the other religions.

Next, there is a mechanism out there to help religious institutions in getting lands or loans, but will gov accept everything from them? Of course not, but at least you can approach the secular government for assistance. Also remember there are Christian missionaries there which operate in secular governance.  So preaching is part of it as well.

4 minutes ago, someone said:

Now, that's correct and so you were wrong in your earlier definition of secular government. It is separation but if church needs some protection, gov has duty to help it although not at the expense of other religion. It's not atheist governance . So for you to say citizens cannot have religion in public domain is wrong. That is like Saudi version for all the other religions.

1. No, my initial comment is, the government should kick all religions out of public life. Which is consistent with separation of church and state.

2. Protection, is an issue of security. Government is obligated to protect any property/person- whether its the mall or the church, a stripper or a priest, makes no difference. 

3. Citizens in most secular nations cannot have their religion influence the public domain. Ie, you cannot bring your religion into work, into school, etc. nor can you ask for any special dispensation due to religion.

Just now, diga said:

You can find many instances of this hypocrisy from fiberals to Bollywood cricketers enjoying crackers on new year or on July 4 .. 

Such ppl have inferior complex. They are in awe of foreigners and their things. I have seen  people who earned some quick money, and the very same people around them, culture, festivals suddenly become backwards and inferior.

Edited by someone

1. No, my initial comment is, the government should kick all religions out of public life. Which is consistent with separation of church and state.

2. Protection, is an issue of security. Government is obligated to protect any property/person- whether its the mall or the church, a stripper or a priest, makes no difference. 

3. Citizens in most secular nations cannot have their religion influence the public domain. Ie, you cannot bring your religion into work, into school, etc. nor can you ask for any special dispensation due to religion.

I give up. Next time when you see Sikh politicians with their turbans, please argue with them and on how dare they bring their religion.

You have allergies with religions and that has no place in secular countries like Canada,  India. You are a hopeless case.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

I give up. Next time when you see Sikh politicians with their turbans, please argue with them and on how dare they bring their religion.

You have allergies with religions and that has no place in secular countries like Canada,  India. You are a hopeless case.

Wearing clothing, is not the same as affecting me with your religion. As i said, open your eyes and see how secularism works outside India- we don't pander to all religions, we cut them off of government interference.

Wearing clothing, is not the same as affecting me with your religion. As i said, open your eyes and see how secularism works outside India- we don't pander to all religions, we cut them off of government interference.

Affecting you? You are insignificant and have no permission on decide one's religion identity in public. One can celebrate religious festivals publicly, chant Hare Krishna in public or even join Christian missionaries. Secular government allows it and that's good enough for me. One can wear, chant, pray, preach freely on the streets in secular countries. You are allergic to religions, and it's you who needs to open your eyes and check ground reality,

And it's Indian secularism which has demented. Some governments think minorities have first right over resources. That's preferential treatment and wrong.