Amazon Original series INSIDE EDGE - (IPL related)

vvvslaxman

There is a scene where Mumbai Mavericks play chennai kings.  Star player of Mumbai is from chennai . Vayu Raghavan. He gets booed called traitor when he walks into stadium.  The characters in the series resemble lot of real life characters. They also have a character for guys like Kamran khan, Basil Tampi, Sreesanth/ Also someone looking  like ian harvey banging girls. Then there is gay foreign cricketer lol wonder who that would be.

I binged watched it.

It is so juicy and gossipy.

I think the team was a mix of RR and Kings  11.

Richa  Chaddha was preety.

Vivek was a combination of wadia and Kundra.

The seedha saadha captain had a hint of RD.

Who could be the bowler...chandela?

Who was the creepy spinner who ragged that bowler over chaste?

Who was the coach character inspired from ...bob woolmer+ Ajay Jadeja????

Edited by beetle

Slow Friday, started watching this.  So cringy.  Over-acting, way OTT writing.  Cliched doesn't even begin to cover it.  Just because you can show sex and have curse words, doesn't automatically make a show HBO level.   Vivek Oberoi hamming it up to absurd levels.   

On 12/9/2017 at 11:04 PM, zen said:

Could not watch for more than 10 mins. There are better shows to spend time on. May give it another shot later

To be fair, it did get a little better after the 1st episode, but I had some time to kill.  A C minus effort, overall.   The "intimate" scenes are so obviously fake and poorly executed, they work as comedy :)  The writing appears to be student-level, throughout the show, especially the "dialogue".  

On 12/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, sandeep said:

To be fair, it did get a little better after the 1st episode, but I had some time to kill.  A C minus effort, overall.   The "intimate" scenes are so obviously fake and poorly executed, they work as comedy :)  The writing appears to be student-level, throughout the show, especially the "dialogue".  

it was very overdone, amateurish and hammy. i found it enjoyable for the very same reasons. best viewed as a farcical comedy than a realistic picture of IPL