Why is Dhoni still playing T20s for India?

SecondSlip

I don't remember Dhoni ever winning a T20 match for India. If I'm not wrong, he doesn't have a man of the match award in this format either.  He has only played as a supporter for Kohli, Raina, Yuvraj etc. which any young batsman from the IPL could do as well. 

His strike rate rate is also in the low 120s, which means that he isn't a player that will take the game away from the opposition. So what is so special about him in this format that makes him an automatic selection? 

Most people including myself blame Rahane for that semifinal loss against windies but Dhoni too had an equal if not more share of the blame... He as a finisher had a strike rate less than Kohli on that highway pitch. He should have retired after that match. It's the brand endorsements value that he is still playing for.

Edited by Vk1
1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

I can name 3 innings that he has played good but even in those matches he was the supporting actor.

2007 WC semifinal against Aus

2007 group stages against south Africa I think. That knock along with Rohit

2016 t20 against england.

I don't remember anything else that was useful. 

Just 3 innings in his whole T20 career in which 2 of those came exactly 10 years ago in 07'. 

How the F has he survived this long in our T20 setup :hysterical: 

8 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Make Rohit Sharma the T20 captain :alberteinstein:

Yes! If there are three captains atleast some new players will get an op[portunity. There is no change in Kohlis thinking from CT. He is stuck in the mud for a long time now.