Pandey/Jadhav/Dhoni(2017):is this the worst 4-5-6 combo we had since the 90's

maniac

India needs someone like Yuvraj there. We never had anyone like him in the middle overs.  Someone who can rotate the strike in the middle overs and explode in the end. Raina is past by sell date. Solid leftie would be handy. We have one leftie at the top. Then everybody is a right hander. They just collapse against left arm seamers. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Are you campaigning for Biriyani? :p:

No more recycled items please :)....but when I think about it I might go with another unpopular opinion...Maybe Rahane .....I don't know...just kidding....but what I am saying is our  middle order is uber-fragile.

As long as one of the top 3 have a great day we will be fine but one bad day like today and there seems to be no coming back from it.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

India needs someone like Yuvraj there. We never had anyone like him in the middle overs.  Someone who can rotate the strike in the middle overs and explode in the end. Raina is past by sell date. Solid leftie would be handy. We have one leftie at the top. Then everybody is a right hander. They just collapse against left arm seamers. 

I have no confidence in either Pandey or Jadhav carrying the innings....Sure top 3 collapses happen in cricket but have no confidence in 4 and 5....well Dhoni is done as we can see but he can hold one end up I will give him that but that's not what a no.6 in LOI cricket is for.

I thought Manoj Tiwary would come of age. But he was hopeless against Zimbabwe. Dinesh Karthik is a very capable batsman against international bowlers. But probably the most unreliable at the international level. Krunal Pandya is one guy they can try as he seems to be level headed.  Pant is way too adventurous. He can replace Dhoni. Nobody else. But power hitting against pace bowling. You cannot match Dhoni/Yuvi ( in their peak). We don't have any batsmen to match them in that area. Guys like Surya kumar yadav tries to scoop using the pace. But not exactly power hitters.  India has to keep searching.

Dhoni yes. Pandey, yes.  But Jadhav no. Seems like you have personal agenda against Jadhav

Jadjav is the only cricketer in india to avergage 50 in domestics with a strike rate above 105. Yes a strike rate above 100. That too after playing for 8 years. Not even single player in domestic manage to do that. 

Secondly if you ignore his domestics, and talk about only internationals, he averages close to 46 with a strike rate of 110 in international cricket. Only player in indian team to have average above 45 and strike rate above 100!!!

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Self explanatory.

Was our 4-5-6 ever this fragile??? Even during SRT 90s era we had Azhar,Jadeja and Robin Singh and in hindsight looks much much stronger than this combo.

Also Dhoni fans I am talking about Dhoni 2017 not when he was in his prime  so go easy on the hate.

Jadhav helped us chase a 350 plus score when we were 4/63 and Pandey scored a run a ball hundred while successfully chasing a 300 plus score against Australia in Australia which even Kohli couldn't. Sure, the 90's lullus were better than them. Man, nobody is more fickle than Desi fans.

8 minutes ago, vipin said:

Let's not mix ODIs and T20s. This is a pretty good combination for ODIs. But not T20s where we need power hitters. KLR, Krunal and Pant would be a much better combination for T20s..

Pant struggled in recent A-series tour to SA where Pandey had performed well.Also he didn't show any of this so-called power hitting in his two international T20s. He was struggling to middle ball against WI of all teams. Jadhav's IPL Strike rate is 136.78 which is pretty close to Pant's 148.55 and that too from more than 100 games.But in fielding and running between wickets, Pant would outscore him for sure.

29 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

If these 3 are the best we have to offer then indian cricket is not looking good.  Pandey,jhadhav above Rahul. Lol.

Are you talking about same rahul that was thrown out cause he couldn't hack it in SL when he got good few chances. 

Edited by Rasgulla

There are no game changers in t20 team, You need players like Yuvi who could hit boundaries in the end or Raina who can start hitting from ball one. I don't see anyone who has played in IPL  who can replicate those two. Much like odi team unless top three fire there is no hope for this team.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I have a feeling....Pandey is a better batsman on overseas pitches. FLAT roads of Australia and green surfaces of SA, Eng and NZ where the ball comes on the bat after initial spells of swing.

Yeah....he is slowly turning into hahane. 

Pandeys problem is consistency , hes really good in high pressure matches but doesnt know to cash in when it gets easy .