Jump to content
Asim

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - 5 Match ODI Series | 13-23 Oct 2017 - UAE

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nate said:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283529.html

he Equal Dennis Lillee in 50 wkts in 24 games,  Waqar need 27 matches.Srilankas 

 Ajanta Mendis Number 1  reached 50 w in 19 matches.Mendis thanks  Indians because not a single Indian playing well vs Ajanta Mendis.

 

pakistan need 209 to win series 3/0 

How many matches did Ajit Agarkar take to pick 50 wickets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

How many matches did Ajit Agarkar take to pick 50 wickets? 

Hassan Ali reminds me a lot of Agarkar.  Skiddy, quicker than you think he is.  Bowls attacking lengths and takes a bunch of wickets.  Even has funny looking ears, just like Aggy.  So far he's proving himself to be a much better bowler than Sir Aggy, who invariably used to provide a buffet boundary ball every over or so.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nate said:

Chameera according to Morrison and  smith fastest bowler in Asia bowls superb but 

Dickwella ( keeper) not supports him 10/0/33/0 

 

 

he hit 146 in India series, he is fast consistently. But slower than Shami/Umesh. May be faster than pak bowlers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sandeep said:

Hassan Ali reminds me a lot of Agarkar.  Skiddy, quicker than you think he is.  Bowls attacking lengths and takes a bunch of wickets.  Even has funny looking ears, just like Aggy.  So far he's proving himself to be a much better bowler than Sir Aggy, who invariably used to provide a buffet boundary ball every over or so.   

Far from it. When Agarkar made his debut for India, he was a bowler who the entire cricketing fraternity was talking about. He was taking wickets in heaps against strong batsmen like Aussie batsmen, SA, Pak, Zim etc... Opposition were talking about him. And mind you, this was when, Mcgrath, Wasim, Pollock and one red hot bowler by the name of Shoaib Akhtar were in the scene!

 

Hassan hasnt displayed such strength of character yet. Although I have hopes on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Imtiaz said:

Who can dare to even come close to Lord Shami/Umesh Greatest duo of last 100 years the world has witnessed.only just little problem they havent been able to hold their places in this fast Bowling powerhouse Indian Loi team but hey dont go too much into it.

 

You are right. Although your attempt at sarcasm was an epic fail! Indian fast bowlers have been quicker than Pakistanis for over 5-7 years now, easily. So, you can live in your la la land as much as you like, but the fact that pakistani bowlers are no more than boring trundlers will not change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

You are right. Although your attempt at sarcasm was an epic fail! Indian fast bowlers have been quicker than Pakistanis for over 5-7 years now, easily. So, you can live in your la la land as much as you like, but the fact that pakistani bowlers are no more than boring trundlers will not change.

When someone like Wahab riaz is quicker than anyone that has ever stepped on the cricket field from your huge country than you really shouldn't be posting something so laughable . Even an uncoordinated Muhammad Irfan picked from a pipe factory used to bowl quicker than your bowlers in India pakistan encounters .

Now what is your pace bowling legacy again ??  Atul Sharma ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the don said:

When someone like Wahab riaz is quicker than anyone that has ever stepped on the cricket field from your huge country than you really shouldn't be posting something so laughable . Even an uncoordinated Muhammad Irfan picked from a pipe factory used to bowl quicker than your bowlers in India pakistan encounters .

Now what is your pace bowling legacy again ??  Atul Sharma ?? 

Wahab riaz who? You mean the same trundler who was bowling 125-130 the last test match I saw him? yeah, he definitely is the fastest ever who walked on a cricket ground. Fastest ever spin bowler!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Wahab riaz who? You mean the same trundler who was bowling 125-130 the last test match I saw him? yeah, he definitely is the fastest ever who walked on a cricket ground. Fastest ever spin bowler!

When was the last time an indian bowled quicker than this trundler in am India pak match ??  Yeah never .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the don said:

When was the last time an indian bowled quicker than this trundler in am India pak match ??  Yeah never .

lolzzz, rassi jal gayi, hekdi nahi gayi :P   Smell the coffee! The bottle cap opener days are over. Your bowlers are the worst trundlers to be roaming on earth. Get your facts right :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Imtiaz said:

Lol you are asking him about their legacy. I bet Half of indian population cant even spell "fast bowling" properly. 

Ye irfan pathan, joginder sharma, bhuvi, mohit sharma sy kam chalaty hn.

lol your trundler brigade just got owned by sl of all teams who were beat like a high school team by India. Shami/Yadav average 140 and top 148-149 in sc tests. your guys trundle all day at 125 hehe there is no comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the don said:

When was the last time an indian bowled quicker than this trundler in am India pak match ??  Yeah never .

any tom dick can come and bowl a fast 1-2 overs, you need an innings of supreme effort to prove that you are fast. ind pak match ? let me guess you mean the last world cup where wahab played lol..one odi spell makes him faster lahori logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 3:36 AM, Imtiaz said:

Who can dare to even come close to Lord Shami/Umesh Greatest duo .only just little problem they havent been able to hold their places in this fast Bowling powerhouse Indian 

 

 

With so much cricket going on, most teams are trying to develop specialists for tests and LOIs, to reduce burnout and injury.

 

With this in mind, Shami, Umesh and Ishant are being used primarily as test specialists and Bumrah, Bhuvi and Thakur as ODI specialists.

 

All banter aside, Umesh and Shami  ( and even Ishant in the last 2 years ) have been able to bowl 135 k to 145 k spells almost every time they bowl and even during the last session of a test match.  They have hit high 140s when going for speed.

 

This consistency in pace, even in test matches, has drawn a lot of appreciation from the cricketing world.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 3:36 AM, Imtiaz said:

Who can dare to even come close to Lord Shami/Umesh Greatest duo of last 100 years the world has witnessed.only just little problem they havent been able to hold their places in this fast Bowling powerhouse Indian Loi team but hey dont go too much into it.

 

Why are you getting so jealous.:giggle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Imtiaz said:

Lol you are asking him about their legacy. I bet Half of indian population cant even spell "fast bowling" properly. 

Ye irfan pathan, joginder sharma, bhuvi, mohit sharma sy kam chalaty hn.

Bhaijaan, Pakistan me cricket match to nahi hota hai, live telecast bhi band ho gaya kya? Aapki baato se lagta hai last 20 years me aapne cricket match dekha nahi hai! Thoda jag jaao bhai! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, speedheat said:

How was usman khan shenwari today?? Has he improved his pace??and why is Harris not playing Odis!?

 

Usman Khan Shinwari was looking pretty good. He's the one who got Tharanga out by bring the bowl into him. He certainly looked better than his previous self. I still think he's not worth a spot with the options we have available. 

 

As for Haris I think he has a lil niggle. He should come in Hafeez's place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

LolZ, this SL ODI team is playing like the Pakistan Test team :))

Comparing this SL team with our Test team is a insult to my Pakistani jeans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Usman Khan Shinwari was looking pretty good. He's the one who got Tharanga out by bring the bowl into him. He certainly looked better than his previous self. I still think he's not worth a spot with the options we have available. 
 
As for Haris I think he has a lil niggle. He should come in Hafeez's place. 


Harris is one of my favorite batsman and technically the best you have,desperate to watch him odis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

 


Harris is one of my favorite batsman and technically the best you have,desperate to watch him odis.
 

 

I love Haris to. Him and Babar would make a great team. They both are dependable players who can play well underpressure. Have you had a look at this Imam Ul Haq though? He is Inzi's nephew who scored a century in the last game on debut. Only the second Pakistani to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I love Haris to. Him and Babar would make a great team. They both are dependable players who can play well underpressure. Have you had a look at this Imam Ul Haq though? He is Inzi's nephew who scored a century in the last game on debut. Only the second Pakistani to do it.

Yes guy with specs, a century on debut is good, but he looked slow to me, even in that u19 wc final (in 2014 i think not sure) he was damn slow may be his technique is more suited for test but there is scope for improvement, good luck to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, speedheat said:


Yes guy with specs, a century on debut is good, but he looked slow to me, even in that u19 wc final (in 2014 i think not sure) he was damn slow may be his technique is more suited for test but there is scope for improvement, good luck to him.

He has all the shots. Takes singles and doubles well. I think he is easily a better option than Azhar Ali and Shehzad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He has all the shots. Takes singles and doubles well. I think he is easily a better option than Azhar Ali and Shehzad.


Definitely better than both azhar and shehzad, nice defense, cut and glance can run hard between the wickets but I find him taking lot of time to settle that's the only concern, lets see how he goes, also any 150kph pace sensation emerging from your country??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, speedheat said:

 


Definitely better than both azhar and shehzad, nice defense, cut and glance can run hard between the wickets but I find him taking lot of time to settle that's the only concern, lets see how he goes, also any 150kph pace sensation emerging from your country??

 

I agree lets see how he develops further. 

 

As for a 150 plus bowler. Not that I know of. I herd some Lahore Qalander trails found some. So they are a bit raw. In the next PSL we should see some new talent. Herd two Chinese players are being picked for Peshawar Zalmi side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats with india and fantasy of "fast bowlers" ? 

IMO these days any bowler is a good bowler if he takes wkts with consistency.

keep in mind. 

 

gone are those days when you have bowlers who hits 150+ with consistency.

and they wernt called just "fast bowlers", thery were called as Express bowlers.

 

Shoaib akhtar

waqar younis

brett lee

shane bond

ambrose

walsh

etc.

 

these days you have "fast bowlers" and thats it.

thres no bowler in any cricket team these days who hits 150+ with consistency.

the bowlers gone nuts after playing every T-20 League+ domestic + tests+ ODIs all the year.

so they have to saved thre energy for coming games. they are smart,so they play according to the pitch and venue. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

 

and they wernt called just "fast bowlers", thery were called as Express bowlers.

 

Shoaib akhtar

waqar younis

brett lee

shane bond

ambrose

walsh

etc.

 

 

 

I don't remember anyone who has played international cricket call either Ambrose or Walsh  " express ". Nor have they ever been clocked at 150 k+.   Both were known for their height and steep bounce.

 

Shoaib, Lee and Tait were the true express bowlers who bowled 150 k + at will and Tait did not last long.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

I don't remember anyone who has played international cricket call either Ambrose or Walsh  " express ". Nor have they even been clocked at 150 k+.   Both were known for their height and steep bounce.

 

Shoaib, Lee and Tait were the true express bowlers who bowled 150 k + at will and Tait did not last long.

so does waqar, but we wall knw that he was express bowler.

 

IMO,

ambrose , walsh, waqar, etc when they were top of thre games, 80s,90s,  we unfortunately havt speed guns to test them.

 

hence prove my point.

any bowler try to bowl 150k+ with consistency, will not last long in Intl Cricket. 

so they have to reduce thre speed according to the situation/pitches/venues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

so does waqar, but we wall knw that he was express bowler.

 

Waqar was really rapid between 1989 and 1993 or thereabouts.  His fastest recorded speed was 153 k.  He was not as quick as Shoaib.

 

7 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

IMO,

ambrose , walsh, waqar, etc when they were top of thre games, 80s,90s,  we unfortunately havt speed guns to test them.

 

Walsh and Ambrose were not as quick as Waqar.

 

7 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

any bowler try to bowl 150k+ with consistency, will not last long in Intl Cricket. 

so they have to reduce thre speed according to the situation/pitches/venues.

 

Agree.

 

Most good bowlers have been either 135 k to 145 k  or 140 k to 150 k range most of the time in their best years.

 

Those who have tried to bowl 150 k + all the time have either had short careers or interrupted careers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SL should just stop playing cricket for a year atleast,

and to think we ll have to play them again in a month ...seriously:facepalm:

How pakistan managed to loose 2 tests to these great warriors is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nate said:

Same might happen to India if they loose at Kanpur I do not think India bats better 

vs Boult on GREEN TOP ( last game 3 rd ) 

 

next on road ( Flat) at Pune 

erm...bhai teri koi baat samaj ni aati.... seriously.

There is a difference between loosing to nz in a odi and loosing to SL in tests currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gharampaani said:

Pakistan are going through a period of massive change. Misbah and Younis are gone and the bowling needs some work with Wahab now likely ending his career.

 

It's not so long ago Pak had one of the best test series of recent times against England ending 2-2, hammered the west indies home and away and were quite competitive against Australia in Australia. The last time India dared play away they got humiliated by England 

lulz at hammered wi,you lost 1 test against wi both home n away

competitive in aus ,yeah you were competitive in that whitewash :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

lulz at hammered wi,you lost 1 test against wi both home n away

competitive in aus ,yeah you were competitive in that whitewash :laugh:

Grampani becomes tandapani if we mention their record against Zimbabwe of all teams recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gharampaani said:

Maybe you should watch the cricket. Pakistan won 4 of 6 test matches, and almost all of them were one sided. 

Pakistan going into the 3rd test in Aus could arguably have been 1-0 up in the series. They almost chased down the largest 4th innings total ever and should have drawn the second match. There was a margin of maybe 10-15 overs in each game. That is close. 

 

So please, do not test my cricketing knowledge Gandhi sahab.

you made a factually incorrect point and still have the nerve to defend that, hats off and whats with this gandhi nonsense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gharampaani said:

Please explain the error to me as you are probably working in Silicon Valley and so much better educated than me. 

Well any level of education and IQ can certainly not overcome delusions of grandeur and brainwash so you always have that advantage :giggle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×