IND ODI Sqaud for NZ series announced : Rahul Shami and Umesh out

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rahul has not played a single ODI after Gavaskar's outburst against him and players with tattoos / funky hairstyles.

Even our captain has tattoos, so he should be dropped as well by these moronic selectors logic.

This is fast becoming a team of oldies and best friends. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rahul has not played a single ODI after Gavaskar's outburst against him and players with tattoos / funky hairstyles.

actually if rahul was not going to open i am not that against this move,may be there is something more in this exclusion than we know,may be team management have dropped the idea of having him in the middle order:confused: but discouraging part is the selection of kartik,its bizzare and retrograde

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

actually if rahul was not going to open i am not that against this move,may be there is something more in this exclusion than we know,may be team management have dropped the idea of having him in the middle order:confused: but discouraging part is the selection of kartik,its bizzare and retrograde

I feel that Rahul may add more value as a middle-order LOI batter, as he has the ability to hit big 6s .

Our current 4 to 6 positions do not have a single 6 hitter based on current-day ability ..... while we see other teams packing their sides with explosive batters ..... and this is resulting in Hardik being promoted to 4 .... resulting in 6 and 7 being consolidators.

Edited by express bowling
36 minutes ago, speedheat said:

What?? This is a shocker, shami and umesh dropped??? wth is wrong with these moron selectors?? I can understand rahuls omission might well be injury and inconsistency issues... . and Dinesh karthic?? God save us, he is selected only for dhoni to look good can't find any other reason but dropping a quality pacers like shami is pathetic,
This is some 90s esque "sifarishi" selections.

Such a shame, we complain about not having enough top class bowlers and then drop someone who has 90+ wickets in about 50 matches, after giving him just one ODI:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I feel that Rahul may add more value as a middle-order batter, as he has the ability to hit big 6s .

Our current 4 to 6 positions do not have a single 6 hitter based on current-day ability ..... while we see other teams packing their sides with explosive batters ..... and this is resulting in Hardik being promoted to 4 .... resulting in 6 and 7 being consolidators.

i have a different opinion, rahul got hundreds as an opener in odi n t20s and if he had to backed he had to backed as an opener, unfortunately rahane for some odd reason is our back up opener,rahul can be an ideal opener who scrores runs at a good pace unlike rahane

anyways batting in middle order is difficult in odis , its not as easy or straightforward as opening in limited overs cricket and just because he can hit sixes should not be the criteria for selection in the middle over, his strength has been opening

and as far as being proactive in middle overs is concerned, there are options like iyer,pant,krunal but our team management are short sighted n devoid of any plans it seems

7 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Such a shame, we complain about not having enough top class bowlers and then drop someone who has 90+ wickets in about 50 matches, after giving him just one ODI:facepalm:

its a logical decision,shami n umesh can play tests as bhuvi n bumrah are pretty much the first choice seamers for odis/t20s, neither of shami/umesh was going to play anyways in a short 3 match series,we should look for a left armer instead 

46 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i have a different opinion, rahul got hundreds as an opener in odi n t20s and if he had to backed he had to backed as an opener, unfortunately rahane for some odd reason is our back up opener,rahul can be an ideal opener who scrores runs at a good pace unlike rahane

anyways batting in middle order is difficult in odis , its not as easy or straightforward as opening in limited overs cricket and just because he can hit sixes should not be the criteria for selection in the middle over, his strength has been opening

and as far as being proactive in middle overs is concerned, there are options like iyer,pant,krunal but our team management are short sighted n devoid of any plans it seems

Rahul scored that T20 100 while batting in middle order.

I think Karthiks selection is regressive,we should have selected some new guys but other than that this is ok.Rahul is an opener and should open in LOI cricket.As long as Dhawan is in form there is no place for Rahul in this team.I would not pick Shami again for  LOI cricket,infact he should play Ranjis sparingly and just keep himself healthy.